Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cheap places to refill V.4 (2017)

Feedback Score
    only 3% now. Not even worth the bother

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ballo View Post
    only 3% now. Not even worth the bother
    Make that 3% discount and no tax. And I can't say it is really any more bother than getting a refill from the PP site...

It's fine by me if you choose to just throw your money away. Ask your bank how much interest they are paying on your savings account. Heck, ask the Feds how much interest they are paying on T-Bills... (answer: 1.045% on the 91 day maturity T-Bill).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    Make that 3% discount and no tax. And I can't say it is really any more bother than getting a refill from the PP site...

It's fine by me if you choose to just throw your money away. Ask your bank how much interest they are paying on your savings account. Heck, ask the Feds how much interest they are paying on T-Bills... (answer: 1.045% on the 91 day maturity T-Bill).
    LOL, not sure what interest rates have to do with anything.

No sales tax in this state.

Device(s)
    Galaxy s8
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the howard discount code. It gave a $3.20 discount compared to standard $2.40 discount for $80 PP refill.

Was about to give up on getting any discount as I only buy ONE $80 card per year for senior mom who never uses all 2000 minutes but uses occasionally / good for emergencies. So last time I bought, I was still getting 7% discounts from other vendors.

Looks like Megasaver / prepayrefill site is the ONLY one that still offers a discount on PP. I couldn't even buy the $80 refill direct from pageplus! And 3 bucks is 3 bucks. Will buy my next Starbucks.

Feedback Score
    I made a separate post about this but thought I should note it here as well for future reference. One of Callingmart's "providers" had a charge-back issue with their credit card and Page Plus suspended all lines that were replenished with PINs from that batch. All of my family's phone lines were suspended with no warning. Our current plans have a couple of weeks left plus each had a stacked PIN for next month.

Callingmart customer service is virtually unreachable by phone: I was on hold for over an hour and was disconnected without ever getting through. They do not have a live chat feature but answered an email inquiry fairly quickly. Unfortunately, after sending the info they requested, I have yet to hear back from them.

I'll be filing a dispute with my bank this morning if Callingmart doesn't make this right as soon as they are open (although they claim to have 24 hr customer service via email, no one has replied to me since last night.) I will be disputing the current order as well as the previous one since they caused us to lose our current month plus the stacked PINs. I guess this is a lesson for all of us, I had no idea that some third party could cause loss of service after buying legitimate PINs. I hate to pay the high taxes Page Plus imposes on autopay (my state is among the highest cell taxes in the country, about 25%), but now I'm scared to trust any 3rd party PIN seller.

Device(s)
    HTC Ozone XV6175
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus 1200
    Feedback Score
    ^ I can confirm that CallingMart customer service isn't picking up the phone.

I would personally recommend everyone file a dispute with their bank if they purchased PINs from CallingMart.

Feedback Score
    This is callingmart's explanation to the situation regarding Page Plus suspension on their facebook page. "The situation occurred due to one wholesaler who buys directly from pageplus, bought with bad credit card, and so pageplus suspended all refills that were bought by this wholesaler, which have affected callingmart and many other resellers who got their refills from this wholesaler. Once callingmart found out about the issue, callingmart started contacting pageplus, to resolve the problem to their customers, and they were on long holds from pageplus, as they were bombarded with calls from all other resellers and affected customers as well, this has led to slow responses from callingmart customer service as well working on restoring service to their customers. Callingmart actually don't even buy directly from page plus, so they have nothing to do with this pageplus chargeback transactions, which unfortunately one of callingmart providers did. In fact, callingmart have stepped up to solve the problem for their customers and started issuing new pins to them at their own expense just to get them activated right away."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3