Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Is the Moto G series the only budget phone that's quad carrier?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Look at the minimal difference in overall size:
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/com...hp?p=5179,4883
    True, the G4 Play has a larger bezel to screen size ratio than the G4 of X Pure. Looking at my G4 Play it could have been made shorter.

Feedback Score
    They save those sexy features for the more expensive phones.

Look at this difference:
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/com...5179,4883,4442

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    True, the G4 Play has a larger bezel to screen size ratio than the G4 of X Pure. Looking at my G4 Play it could have been made shorter.

Feedback Score
    You can get a unlocked mint used Moto G4 XT1625 on Ebay for $129.99. Seller: universalwirelessinc. 350 sold with no complaints.
    Last edited by nutN2Lewz; 01-07-2017 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Changed "G4" to "Moto G4" because it upsets tfusr19

Feedback Score
    Looks like it fits the OP
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Moto-...365?nav=SEARCH

Quote Originally Posted by nutN2Lewz View Post
    You can get a unlocked mint used G4 XT1625 on Ebay for $129.99. Seller: universalwirelessinc. 350 sold with no complaints.

Feedback Score
    Vote me in too! Others there still well under the $200 budget.

I must admit a good feeling having a Moto again. My favorite older cell phones were all Moto.

Feedback Score
    That's why Lenovo kept the Moto name - people know it . Are you going to get the XT1625 before all gone?

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Vote me in too! Others there still well under the $200 budget.

I must admit a good feeling having a Moto again. My favorite older cell phones were all Moto.
    Last edited by tfusr19; 01-07-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Battery life on the Moto Play is impressive. Better than my Droid Max even with it's much larger battery.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Is it safe to buy a Moto G4? Some on here have been talking me out of that model, but not sure. I don't mind a bigger screen, but if something goes wrong with the phone, you don't have any warranty do you?

Feedback Score
    Good point. I just looked at the link mathfaster posted and I guess you should do more research or maybe just avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by myun View Post
    Is it safe to buy a Moto G4? Some on here have been talking me out of that model, but not sure. I don't mind a bigger screen, but if something goes wrong with the phone, you don't have any warranty do you?

Feedback Score
    Are you going to get the XT1625 before all gone?
    Have no use for an XT1625. Larger than I want to carry, and don't need the fully unlocked feature as Verizon is best here. Besides that I am a miser and have never paid over $50 for a phone. The $40 DG XT1609 was an outrageous deal for a good phone!

Feedback Score
    That's the downside of buying non-retail that advocates of used/surplus don't factor in. Even if its new in factory sealed packaging, you have no support except (hopefully) the manufacturer. A few sellers of new ones offer an extended warranty option, but none for used. Phones do crap out, but not usually within the 30 day return period of most sellers. Another of life's gambles!

Feedback Score
    The LG X Power is also CDMA & GSM and is around $200.

I've had the Moto G4 since August but haven't had any issues with it. I guess I should consider myself lucky.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayueri View Post
    The LG X Power is also CDMA & GSM and is around $200.

I've had the Moto G4 since August but haven't had any issues with it. I guess I should consider myself lucky.
    Thanks for the info on the X Power. I didn't know about that one.

I'm not sure it's that big of gamble to buy a Moto G4, as the reviews don't seem like everyone has a problem. Do people usually notice the problems fairly soon, or is it something you're more likely to start having problems with later in time? If the problems usually surface soon, then maybe if I bought one from a big name seller, knowing I could return it if it starts having problems, and if it doesn't have problems within the return period, it's looking good from there. I don't know.

I think it's down to a new Moto Play (I would like to see it go on sale for $100 since I missed that sale before), Moto G4 new or refurb from seller with good return policy, or refurb Moto X Pure. Unless the LG X Power goes on sale for a good discount, it's beyond my price range now for an unlocked version it looks like.

I'll just have to keep an eye out for sales and good priced refurbs for now. By the way, is there a reason why I never see manufacturer refurbished Play? Nothing ever goes wrong with it??

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ...I think it's down to a new Moto Play (I would like to see it go on sale for $100 since I missed that sale before), ...
    You can get an unlocked Moto G4 Play with Amazon offers for $99 right now. I have one and living with the lock screen offers from Amazon is not that bothersome for a $50 savings.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    You can get an unlocked Moto G4 Play with Amazon offers for $99 right now. I have one and living with the lock screen offers from Amazon is not that bothersome for a $50 savings.
    It's only for Prime member. If you're not, have to get at least a one-month membership for $10.99.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast