Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Is the Moto G series the only budget phone that's quad carrier?

Feedback Score
    If all three were the same price would you go for the Moto G Play, Moto G4 or a manufacturer-refurbished 16gb Moto X Pure?

Device(s)
    LG G2 VS980
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket eBay Plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by myun View Post
    If all three were the same price would you go for the Moto G Play, Moto G4 or a manufacturer-refurbished 16gb Moto X Pure?
    Moto X Pure Edition

Feedback Score
    Do not see where the Moto X Pure has an FM Radio. Both Moto G4 and 4Play have the FM Radio. Saves a lot of data if you like to listen to the radio (Like me)... I am on Verizon towers, so the Verizon Moto G4 Play is the best deal for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    Do not see where the Moto X Pure has an FM Radio. Both Moto G4 and 4Play have the FM Radio. Saves a lot of data if you like to listen to the radio (Like me)... I am on Verizon towers, so the Verizon Moto G4 Play is the best deal for me.
    You're correct, the X Pure does not have FM radio.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Moto X Pure Edition
    Thanks, Boz1.

Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    That's good to know about the FM radio, although, personally, I don't think I'd miss it, so it's not a deal breaker for me.

Feedback Score
    myun,
    How much for the refurbished Moto X Pure and what's the warranty?

Feedback Score
    The Ebay used mint unlocked Moto G4 I referenced earlier has dropped in price from $129.99 to $124.99.

But if it were me I would wait for the Moto G4 Play from B&H Photo to drop down in price to $99 again. Depends on if you are willing to wait a couple months to see if that happens. A brand new unlocked Moto G4 Play for $99 with a full warranty from a good seller - hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    myun,
    How much for the refurbished Moto X Pure and what's the warranty?
    Around $195 for the 16gb with a 90 day warranty. Do you think that's good? (I was theoretically asking if it were the same price as the Play.)
    I think I might be concerned about 16GB not being enough memory, I think Marshmallow is supposed to take up quite a bit?
    Last edited by myun; 01-09-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nutN2Lewz View Post
    The Ebay used mint unlocked Moto G4 I referenced earlier has dropped in price from $129.99 to $124.99.

But if it were me I would wait for the Moto G4 Play from B&H Photo to drop down in price to $99 again. Depends on if you are willing to wait a couple months to see if that happens. A brand new unlocked Moto G4 Play for $99 with a full warranty from a good seller - hard to beat.
    I am considering waiting to see if the play goes on sale again. A lot of people seem to think it's a good phone. I am having a hard time justifying spending full price on it now though, but I don't know if there's any way to predict it going on sale again any time soon. Either way, this phone purchase is going to be a major purchase for me since I don't have a lot of money to work with, but at the same time, I want to get a phone I can get a lot of future use out of and not have to replace any time soon. That's why I was debating whether to save up for the Moto X Pure or not.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I think I might be concerned about 16GB not being enough memory, I think Marshmallow is supposed to take up quite a bit?
    It has expandable memory, so no worries. Having said that, I have the 16GB model and it's just fine, but on the other hand I'm not a power user.

Device(s)
    LG G2 VS980
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket eBay Plan
    Feedback Score
    Around $195 for the 16gb with a 90 day warranty. Do you think that's good? (I was theoretically asking if it were the same price as the Play.)
    The X Pure has a microSD card slot, so I wouldn't be concerned about the 16GB of internal storage. If somebody doesn't agree with that logic, please post. Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG G2 VS980
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket eBay Plan
    Feedback Score
    I am considering waiting to see if the play goes on sale again. A lot of people seem to think it's a good phone. I am having a hard time justifying spending full price on it now though, but I don't know if there's any way to predict it going on sale again any time soon. Either way, this phone purchase is going to be a major purchase for me since I don't have a lot of money to work with, but at the same time, I want to get a phone I can get a lot of future use out of and not have to replace any time soon. That's why I was debating whether to save up for the Moto X Pure or not.
    When the G 4 Play went on sale for $89.99 at B&H, I think it was a very good deal. When it went up to $99.99 at B&H and stayed that price for a couple of weeks, I think it was still a good deal.

But at $149.99, if I needed a phone right now, I'd be very tempted to spend the extra $50 to go to a G 4 or a "like new" refurb X Pure for $200, and would probably lean toward a "like new" refurb X Pure.

That being said, my wife is happy with the Moto G 4 Play XT1607 that we got when it was $89.99.

She previously had a Moto G 1st generation, originally purchased from Koodo in Canada.

The Moto G 4 Play XT1607 isn't a huge upgrade from the Moto G 1st gen, with a few of the bigger differences being compatibility with all cell networks, a user removable battery, a microSD card slot, and a bigger screen. One of the biggest advantages of the G 4 Play is band 12 and T-Mobile certification for extended range LTE and VoLTE, since she is using a T-Mobile business plan.

See T-Mobile's 700 MHz A Block Spectrum Extended Range LTE Band 12 VoLTE Compatible Devices at http://www.spectrumgateway.com/compatible-phones .

My wife is a basic smartphone user and plays only basic games on her phone. The battery on her G 4 Play XT1607 lasts over 2 days per charge for her.
    PagePlus-PayG 2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 PayG 2013-2016
    Selectel-PayG 2013-2015
    Puppy Wireless-Test 2014
    Tracfone-PayG 2015-2016
    TruPhone-PayG 2015-TBD
    Red Pocket-eBay 2016-TBD (Main)
    Piranha-PayG 2016-TBD
    FreedomPop-GSM 700MB/Mo Free 2016-TBD

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted/De-Bloated) May15-TBD

Feedback Score
    MM takes up 5GB on my G4 Play.

Feedback Score
    So you had 11GB free internal storage out of the box out of 16GB total?
    How much do you have free now?

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    MM takes up 5GB on my G4 Play.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Thanks, everyone for the info on the Moto Play.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast