Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Is the Moto G series the only budget phone that's quad carrier?

Feedback Score

Is the Moto G series the only budget phone that's quad carrier?

I want to buy a smartphone that is affordable to use with tracfone but, preferably can use both CDMA for Verizon and GSM for AT&T. I could only find the Moto G play or Moto G4 under $200. Are there any other choices or deals better than that?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by myun View Post
    I want to buy a smartphone that is affordable to use with tracfone but, preferably can use both CDMA for Verizon and GSM for AT&T. I could only find the Moto G play or Moto G4 under $200. Are there any other choices or deals better than that?
    You might be able to find a good/excellent condition used Moto X Pure Edition for around $200.

Feedback Score
    There are a number of models of Verizon phones that also have unlocked GSM capability. Samsung Galaxy S4, LG G3, etc. New under $200. These usually don't support AT&T LTE, but will run fine on HSPA+ which is faster than throttled Verizon LTE.

Feedback Score
    Brand new Moto X Pure Edition 64GB was $250 yesterday only at Best Buy and BHPhotoVideo
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone. My budget is pretty strict to stay under $200, but preferably closer to $100. Is there a noticeable difference between the play and the g4 to justify the price difference? Is is better to get a refurbished phone to save money? i really like being able to have the freedom of choice in carriers with the moto series, so just want a little advice from people who have experience with these phones.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Is there a noticeable difference between the play and the g4 to justify the price difference? Is is better to get a refurbished phone to save money?
    I considered both & ended up going with the Play. Too many negative reviews on the Moto G4. Very pleased so far with the Play.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    I considered both & ended up going with the Play. Too many negative reviews on the Moto G4. Very pleased so far with the Play.
    What's negative about the G4?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    In my opinion, the G 4 Play is worth about the $89 or $99 that B&H had it on sale for last month. I question whether the G 4 is really worth $200. Between a new G 4 and a gently used X Pure Edition for $200, I'd probably get the X Pure Edition, if I could find the right deal on a used one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    In my opinion, the G 4 Play is worth about the $89 or $99 that B&H had it on sale for last month. I question whether the G 4 is really worth $200. Between a new G 4 and a gently used X Pure Edition for $200, I'd probably get the X Pure Edition, if I could find the right deal on a used one.
    Thanks, I was wondering about the refurbished Moto X Pure as well. It's a little higher than I can pay at the moment but maybe any of these phones will be cheaper in the next month or so while I save up enough for the extra cost (I hope).

I thought about the Moto G4 because it has a better processor and camera than the Play, but if it has issues, maybe I shouldn't go for that one. I don't see any sales or deals on these Moto phones right now either, so I'm wondering if it's better to wait a little and see if there's a sale soon anyway?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What's negative about the G4?
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/moto-g4-problems/3/ Other comments where phone wasn't working, sent in for repairs, 2nd phone had issues requiring repair. Haven't seen the same complaints for the G4 Play.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I thought about the Moto G4 because it has a better processor and camera than the Play, but if it has issues, maybe I shouldn't go for that one. I don't see any sales or deals on these Moto phones right now either, so I'm wondering if it's better to wait a little and see if there's a sale soon anyway?
    Best Buy seems to put the Moto X Pure on sale every few weeks. You missed the golden period for phone purchases which is BF week through the end of December. Check prepaidphonenews.com weekly for phones on sale.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Myun, if you can stick with CDMA, the moto G4PLAY can still be found for $40 at the Dollar General...at least they still have one in my area. The phone can be unlocked for less than $2 and used as a tracfone on the Verizon network.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Myun, if you can stick with CDMA, the moto G4PLAY can still be found for $40 at the Dollar General...at least they still have one in my area. The phone can be unlocked for less than $2 and used as a tracfone on the Verizon network.
    gmannix, that Moto G 4 Play is Vzw branded and won't work for myun's purposes because it has no GSM capabilities.

Feedback Score
    Another consideration is screen size. The Moto G4 is 5.5" and the Moto X Pure is 5.7". To each their own, but I would not like anything much over 5".

Feedback Score
    Look at the minimal difference in overall size:
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/com...hp?p=5179,4883

Battery consumption and cost difference factors need to be considered also.

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Another consideration is screen size. The Moto G4 is 5.5" and the Moto X Pure is 5.7". To each their own, but I would not like anything much over 5".

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast