Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon sending out disconnect letters for UDP plans even if usage is < 100GB

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Verizon sending out disconnect letters for UDP plans even if usage is < 100GB

Per this Reddit thread, and several of the commentors, they received disconnect letters even if they used well under 100GB for months. So far, it seems like this is happening only to those out of contract.

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...ans_are_being/

Just got my letter in the mail that if I don't switch to a tiered plan by the middle of February, my service will be discontinued. I haven't gone above 70 GB (usually closer to 50) since before the word was out that they were revoking unlimited data from high throughput users, and it seemed like they were only targeting users who went 'significantly above' 100 GB per month - their highest tiered plan at $710 per month. I was staying well below 100 GB and still had the axe fall.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Per this Reddit thread, and several of the commentors, they received disconnect letters even if they used well under 100GB for months. So far, it seems like this is happening only to those out of contract.

I wonder if the letter was sent accidentally.
    Can you post a pic of the letter with your personal info blacked out?

Also, the reddit thread it says you're using a Google Pixel. I'm just curious if there is any mention of the device you're using in the letter.
    Not sure if the IMEIs of the non-VZW Pixels would technical not meet the requirements of the TOS (terms of service).

Perhaps others on this forum can give good advice how to ask Verizon to see if the letter was in error.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ShammoooooOOO!!!!!!!

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HFNube View Post
    I wonder if the letter was sent accidentally.
    Can you post a pic of the letter with your personal info blacked out?

Also, the reddit thread it says you're using a Google Pixel. I'm just curious if there is any mention of the device you're using in the letter.
    Not sure if the IMEIs of the non-VZW Pixels would technical not meet the requirements of the TOS (terms of service).

Perhaps others on this forum can give good advice how to ask Verizon to see if the letter was in error.
    Just to be clear I never received the letter, I just saw this on reddit and wanted to share it. But it looks like several people replied saying they also got the letter. I'm under contract until October 2017, but I'll let you know if I ever receive a letter.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Time to give T-Mobile more of my money and a little more to sprint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    They aren't the same, both have limits if not more aggressive than the 200GB VZW was putting up with and no throttling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_S4 View Post
    They aren't the same, both have limits if not more aggressive than the 200GB VZW was putting up with and no throttling.
    Did I say they were the same? No. But do you see T-Mobile getting rid of their unlimited? NOOOOO thank you

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    A shame VZW is taking a turn like this for UDP users. Let us know in the TMO forum how the network works in your area

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLink View Post
    A shame VZW is taking a turn like this for UDP users. Let us know in the TMO forum how the network works in your area
    We already have lines with all four carriers and all Udps. T-Mobile lines are old plans. T-Mobile is great here. Same with att and Verizon. Sprint is okay here.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2; iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score

It appears the Recipient was using more than 200 until he/she heard Verizon might do something. They obviously looked back and identified the user's +200 use in the past.
    Pixel 2 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    It appears the Recipient was using more than 200 until he/she heard Verizon might do something. They obviously looked back and identified the user's +200 use in the past.
    It's not clear how long ago it was, it sounds like it may have been before Verizon mentioned this several months ago. There are many people who received these letters, I'd be curious if they ever used that much.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Verizon's insistence on keeping 3G alive through 2020 may prevent Unlimited LTE data

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_S4 View Post
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veriz...s-plan_id84389

Verizon CFO Fran Shammo said a few months ago at an industry conference that unlimited doesn't work with 4G LTE connectivity. That is because carriers need to generate cash to reinvest in their infrastructure. As a result, the executive said that unlimited will eventually fade away. But analyst Walter Piecyk of BTIG Research says that the real problem is that Verizon is running out of spectrum to convert to 4G from 3G. And Verizon has promised to keep 3G services up through 2020 which limits it even more.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    ShammoooooOOO!!!!!!!
    If it is him, it's a parting shot. He stepped down December 31.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post

I read that reddit thread and it seems like many people who received
    the letters used no more than 20gb per month.(monthly average during
    the last 12 months)

Has anyone here on Howard Forums received such letters with such low
    usage? I generally don't trust anything I read on reddit, but that thread
    has me worried.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    I read that reddit thread and it seems like many people who received
    the letters used no more than 20gb per month.(monthly average during
    the last 12 months)

Has anyone here on Howard Forums received such letters with such low
    usage? I generally don't trust anything I read on reddit, but that thread
    has me worried.
    I have not seen anyone on HoFo get the letter with such low usage. Everyone here that I have seen has had at least one month above 200GB.

Again, the one X-factor is how far into the past Verizon is going, and if they are actually averaging... or if just a single month >200GB triggers the action.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast