Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Volte??

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Volte??

soo when is Sprint going to offer VOLTE? the other carriers been had it along with prepiads Metro PCS and VZW..
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Feedback Score
    Wondering the same thing. Let's send these comments to corporate, maybe then they will listen ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    VoLTE requires more coverage density than Sprint has. It took Verizon quite a while to get it rolled out and not without issues, but it works great now. AT&T on the other hand seemed to just start flipping it in here and there and eventually it was mostly on for everyone. It was easier for AT&T because they have denser coverage around here.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    It took Verizon quite a while to get it rolled out and not without issues, but it works great now.
    Not everywhere. It is not ready for prime time here anyway. I have turned it off on quite a few phones here just outside Wash DC because it is too inconsistent/unreliable.

I'm seriously considering switching to AT&T. (via Cricket/H20 Wireless) Been testing against my Verizon phone for 2 months now & finding

-Reliability as good & even better in some Verizon weak spots (especially in the boonies)
    -Great sound quality(comes darn close to VoLTE-much better than 2g)
    -Simultaneous surf & talk

Agree that Sprint likely needs better LTE coverage before implementing VoLTE, especially since there is no hand-off capability with CDMA (call will drop if LTE is lost)

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    damn well looks like i wont be switching to sprint anytime soon, voice over CDMA is really bad for both VZW and Sprint, guess ill be sticking with metro pcs and just up my plan to unlimited data and just leave a ATT prepaid phone in my car just in case

i left sprint a lil over 3 years now,they didnt move 1 inch..meanwhile t-mobile was able to launch LTE (with awesome speeds) and was able to buy metro pcs, tear down metros CDMA and replace with LTE...i think sprint should be bought out by U.S Cellular

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Not everywhere. It is not ready for prime time here anyway. I have turned it off on quite a few phones here just outside Wash DC because it is too inconsistent/unreliable.

I'm seriously considering switching to AT&T. (via Cricket/H20 Wireless) Been testing against my Verizon phone for 2 months now & finding

-Reliability as good & even better in some Verizon weak spots (especially in the boonies)
    -Great sound quality(comes darn close to VoLTE-much better than 2g)
    -Simultaneous surf & talk

Agree that Sprint likely needs better LTE coverage before implementing VoLTE, especially since there is no hand-off capability with CDMA (call will drop if LTE is lost)
    calls will always sound 500x better on HSPA/HSPA+ and 2,000x while on LTE (VOLTE)

Feedback Score

Volte??

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    The handoff was probably what made the AT&T VoLTE deployment more problem free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    calls will always sound 500x better on HSPA/HSPA+ and 2,000x while on LTE (VOLTE)
    For what it's worth as far as Voice Quality goes, Sprint does have HD Voice without VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    soo when is Sprint going to offer VOLTE? the other carriers been had it along with prepiads Metro PCS and VZW..
    Short answer: When Sprint has good solid LTE capacity in the areas they cover. They don't now, but they are working on it as fast as they can with the limited capital they have.

They are definately working on my area. Over the past few years I have gone from 1x to slow 3G to slow LTE. I have been watching the coverage maps during this time for several areas that interest me. They are filling in with multi-band LTE Plus even in some non-major metro areas.

Here is the kicker. Sprint depends extensively on roaming on Verizon for postpaid subscribers to call themselves a nationwide network. Verizon plans to twilight CDMA voice and go to all VoLTE in 2018. If Sprint does not get to VoLTE in time to be compatible with Verizon they will be in big trouble.

Feedback Score
    Sprint is in last place in more areas then one. If the FCC allows it under the new Prez we may see a sequel to the takeover attempt of Tmobile. It will cost them a lot more but they will get Tmobiles much more developed volte infrastructure. But if they keep Sprint management even if they more then double in size and become big enough to compete in costs scalability but nor necessarily coverage with Verizon and Att they will still be last place...

Sent from my LGLS676 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Short answer: When Sprint has good solid LTE capacity in the areas they cover. They don't now, but they are working on it as fast as they can with the limited capital they have.

They are definately working on my area. Over the past few years I have gone from 1x to slow 3G to slow LTE. I have been watching the coverage maps during this time for several areas that interest me. They are filling in with multi-band LTE Plus even in some non-major metro areas.

Here is the kicker. Sprint depends extensively on roaming on Verizon for postpaid subscribers to call themselves a nationwide network. Verizon plans to twilight CDMA voice and go to all VoLTE in 2018. If Sprint does not get to VoLTE in time to be compatible with Verizon they will be in big trouble.
    i notice that sprint added roaming to both Boost and Virgin Mobile but its only 50min worth which is a odd number, it just voice tho no text/data? i mean i understand about that data part but texting doesnt cost anything along with voice mins...i think sprint should add a unlimited roaming voice/text plan $5-$10 extra for their prepaid

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The handoff was probably what made the AT&T VoLTE deployment more problem free.
    I agree with both of the above. Tmo and ATT Volte sounds amazing and has worked fine. Sure, has it dropped down to UMTS/HSPA at times? Yeah, but it still sounds great and it's seamless. Also, as time has gone on, at least using mostly Tmo these days, it holds onto LTE very well for a call. Even in bad or terrible data areas, the Volte works surprisingly well so they are ironing out issues.

I wasn't using ATT really when it was launched, but the launch on Tmo was painful to the point it pushed me back to ATT. So, I hope Sprint can learn from the other networks and the bumps encountered to make their Volte roll out better.

i notice that sprint added roaming to both Boost and Virgin Mobile but its only 50min worth which is a odd number, it just voice tho no text/data? i mean i understand about that data part but texting doesnt cost anything along with voice mins...i think sprint should add a unlimited roaming voice/text plan $5-$10 extra for their prepaid
    And if they did that, what incentive would anyone have to be on Sprint Postpaid? Also, as far as I can tell and anyone has been able to explain to me, Sprint has killed their prepaid. Which is odd, it seemed a bright spot for them in the recent past.

Feedback Score

Volte??

For what it's worth as far as Voice Quality goes, Sprint does have HD Voice without VoLTE.
    Yeah and it sounds like popcorn crackling in a microwave. Sounds terrible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    And if they did that, what incentive would anyone have to be on Sprint Postpaid?
    Flagship phones? Most phones on Boost, other than iPhones are limited to 16GB memory, and Sprint phones cannot be BYOD'd to Boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Also, as far as I can tell and anyone has been able to explain to me, Sprint has killed their prepaid.
    Sprint plots strategy for Virgin's relaunch as Boost returns to growth

Quote Originally Posted by CellLyfe View Post
    Yeah and it sounds like popcorn crackling in a microwave. Sounds terrible.
    Not sure which phone you are using, but I find Sprint's HD Voice to sound great, much better than Verizon CDMA.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE_A View Post
    Flagship phones? Most phones on Boost, other than iPhones are limited to 16GB memory, and Sprint phones cannot be BYOD'd to Boost.

Sprint plots strategy for Virgin's relaunch as Boost returns to growth

Not sure which phone you are using, but I find Sprint's HD Voice to sound great, much better than Verizon CDMA.
    I agree. Sprint's HD voice sounds great. Verizons CDMA is the worst of all 4 carriers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast