Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Volte??

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caddypower View Post
    For call quality I prefer att and T-Mobile. CDMA seemed really good for not having dropped calls(very few) back when dropped calls were the norm. I haven't been all that impressed with vote at least not yet.

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using HoFo mobile app
    That's because CDMA has had soft hand-off from the beginning. GSM until 3G/WCDMA did not, and physically dropped the call from tower to tower whereas CDMA (and GSM'S WCDMA) monitors multiple towers at once and connects the call to one before disconnecting the other.

The other thing I always noticed (and preferred) with CDMA was that the network handles the background noise cancellation -- where the phone handled it in GSM (I believe it still does on WCDMA)... calls on CDMA2000 networks almost have complete silence in the background even when someone is driving or at a concert. GSM lets in most of the background noise and can completely overpower someone in noisy environments.

Feedback Score
    Malls is a luxury and we don't need it. Just consumes more bandwidth which is unnecessary and crazy to do. I think ball is way overrated no it needs it really. Most of these fancy new features all these carriers have are things people think they need but they really don't. Just give me a phone that works and works well and never drops phone calls. I'll probably don't remember but when Verizon started vault they were complaints all over the place of dropped calls all of the time. Never happened to me so I can't say but I do notice that whenever won't care around Horizon state of speech did seem to get store sometimes during congested times such as 5 megabytes download speed and pent-up so I knew there was congestion because believe it or not people still make phone calls and lots of them. I used 2000 minutes a month so he I don't need to be talking up the LTE data connection for phone calls when there's a perfectly good phone calling that work to do that. However Sprint could use a slight call Quality boost that's probably how cricket and T-Mobile have such a call Quality but that's probably cause a GSM anyway. That's my major thing was Sprint and all CDMA carriers is a call Quality but Sprint is way better than Verizon. Verizon calls sound like you're in a tin box yelling at someone it was outside and can barely hear. When I was with Verizon I remember all the time asking for people to repeat themselves especially with numbers I could not understand what they were saying as it sounded so much like AM radio is all I can describe it

Sent from my SM-N910P using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint1 View Post
    Malls is a luxury and we don't need it. Just consumes more bandwidth which is unnecessary and crazy to do. I think ball is way overrated no it needs it really. Most of these fancy new features all these carriers have are things people think they need but they really don't. Just give me a phone that works and works well and never drops phone calls. I'll probably don't remember but when Verizon started vault they were complaints all over the place of dropped calls all of the time. Never happened to me so I can't say but I do notice that whenever won't care around Horizon state of speech did seem to get store sometimes during congested times such as 5 megabytes download speed and pent-up so I knew there was congestion because believe it or not people still make phone calls and lots of them. I used 2000 minutes a month so he I don't need to be talking up the LTE data connection for phone calls when there's a perfectly good phone calling that work to do that. However Sprint could use a slight call Quality boost that's probably how cricket and T-Mobile have such a call Quality but that's probably cause a GSM anyway. That's my major thing was Sprint and all CDMA carriers is a call Quality but Sprint is way better than Verizon. Verizon calls sound like you're in a tin box yelling at someone it was outside and can barely hear. When I was with Verizon I remember all the time asking for people to repeat themselves especially with numbers I could not understand what they were saying as it sounded so much like AM radio is all I can describe it

Sprint uses the same voice codec as Verizon unless you're calling another Sprint customer with another HD Voice capable smartphone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A

Galaxy S7 Onyx Black- with Unlimited Data!
    Carrier Aggregation Band 4 15 MHz PCC + Band 30 10 MHz SCC

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint1 View Post

Malls....?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdekema View Post
    Malls....?
    Probably the voice recognition software he/she uses on his PC misspells words?

Kind of like when we receive a text transcript of a voicemail.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue 023 View Post
    Sprint is in last place in more areas then one. If the FCC allows it under the new Prez we may see a sequel to the takeover attempt of Tmobile. It will cost them a lot more but they will get Tmobiles much more developed volte infrastructure. But if they keep Sprint management even if they more then double in size and become big enough to compete in costs scalability but nor necessarily coverage with Verizon and Att they will still be last place...

Sent from my LGLS676 using HoFo mobile app
    I keep running scenarios in my mind what would happen if Magenta and the Yellow School bus hook up? How soon could the combined entity route calls over T-Mobile's VoLTE infrastructure and whether or not it could handle the load?

With over 150 of spectrum at play minus any divestitures I'm sure they could make something work.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Methinks they were typing with auto-correct enabled... Malls = VoLTE and vault = VoLTE lollol

That said, I am pretty sure Sprint and Verizon use different codecs. I seem to remember reading that Sprint uses EVRC at 13k, while Verizon is using EVRC or possibly it's predecessor, but at only 9k. When you're taking voice quality, the difference between 9k and 13k is a pretty big difference. Sprint, having half the customers of Verizon, has been able to get away with it.

What I do know is Verizon's voice quality has always sounded muffled - I can almost always tell when I am talking to someone on Verizon. It's been that way for years -- the voice is somewhat muffled, but it still has the noise cancellation that is similar to other CDMA providers. It's definitely something different with Verizon, as US Cellular has similar voice quality to Sprint.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Way back in the day I had this phone on Big Red. https://www.verizonwireless.com/mult...9900/main.html

It was the only Verizon Wireless phone I ever had that allowed me to force Sprint roaming simply by making the request through the Settings Menu. I used to purposely force the phone over to Sprint just because I liked how clear sounding calls were on Sprint's network in comparison.

This was way back in the day when I used to post regularly on WirelessAdvisor with our resident Sprint Moderator Larry! https://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/

It literally would just lock on Sprint until either I powercycled the phone or I lost service.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3