Thread: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6

Feedback Score

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6

From what I can tell if I move an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 over to Verizon I'm going to have a bad time.

I figure I'm barking up the wrong tree but wanted to see if anyone has done it and had okay results?

I've heard the LTE bands are a little different between the AT&T and official Verizon models.

Device(s)
    Jet Black 128 GB iPhone 7 Qualcomm
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Can't be used. AT&T S6 doesn't have CDMA enabled. Even if it did there's no B13 so you wouldn't have service in 95% of the country.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using HoFo mobile app

Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC + Band 12 10 MHz TCC

Feedback Score
    Kinda what I figured.
    Thank you sir.

Feedback Score
    I've heard recent iPhones like 6 and 6Ss work fine (AT&T versions but unlocked). Is that a fair statement?

Device(s)
    Jet Black 128 GB iPhone 7 Qualcomm
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utDcp9UvILVcrXK View Post
    I've heard recent iPhones like 6 and 6Ss work fine (AT&T versions but unlocked). Is that a fair statement?
    right. Although the AT&T 6S is the best 6S, as it has B30 support and CDMA support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I got you.

Feedback Score
    Sell your S6 and buy a VZW S6 on Swappa.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Samsung is really good/bad (depending on your point of view) about customizing phones for specific carriers. They may have the exact same hardware but the firmware has been totally customized for one carrier. If your goal is to be able to jump from one carrier to another at will, Apple or Google devices might suit you better.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Samsung is really good/bad (depending on your point of view) about customizing phones for specific carriers. They may have the exact same hardware but the firmware has been totally customized for one carrier. If your goal is to be able to jump from one carrier to another at will, Apple or Google devices might suit you better.
    Samsung does offer the s7(not they s6 though) carrier Free. It will work on att and Verizon.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/pho...m-g930uzkaxaa/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post
    Sell your S6 and buy a VZW S6 on Swappa.com
    And then repeat the process if you want to switch to a different carrier again I think buying a phone that works on all carriers would be a much better alternative.

Device(s)
    Pixel
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utDcp9UvILVcrXK View Post
    Yes, but be careful because that is not the case with the AT&T iPhone 7 or 7+.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Yes, but be careful because that is not the case with the AT&T iPhone 7 or 7+.
    Depends on where you got your AT&T iPhone 7/7Plus from. If you get it from Best Buy then it'll have CDMA, since Best Buy only sells one model to cover every carrier. If you get it from AT&T then definitely no CDMA.