Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Post 10 Years Ago Today Apple Changed The Face of Mobile Phones Forever

Name:  01-09-2007.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  37.0 KB

The fact of the matter is that back in the day this Canadian could only really muse on the first iPhone from afar—the long queues at Apple stores wouldn't be a thing in this country until 2008's iPhone 3G.

Over the course of today I expect there to be no shortage of tributes and retrospectives; look for those in this afternoon's news round-up. Until then, for some proper U.S. perspective you'll just have to make do with Apple CEO Tim Cook:

January 9 marks the tenth anniversary of iPhone’s blockbuster debut. At Macworld 2007 in San Francisco, Steve Jobs introduced the world to iPhone as three products in one — “a widescreen iPod with touch controls, a revolutionary mobile phone and a breakthrough internet communications device.” In the ten years since, iPhone has enriched the lives of people around the world with over one billion units sold. It quickly grew into a revolutionary platform for hardware, software and services integration, and inspired new products, including iPad and Apple Watch, along with millions of apps that have become essential to people’s daily lives.

“iPhone is an essential part of our customers' lives, and today more than ever it is redefining the way we communicate, entertain, work and live,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “iPhone set the standard for mobile computing in its first decade and we are just getting started. The best is yet to come.”
    Shout-outs to anyone still hanging on to their original iPhone unlimited data plan from AT&T...!

Source: Apple
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score

10 Years Ago Today Apple Changed The Face of Mobile Phones Forever

Quote Originally Posted by acurrie View Post
    Name:  01-09-2007.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  37.0 KB

The fact of the matter is that back in the day this Canadian could only really muse on the first iPhone from afar—the long queues at Apple stores wouldn't be a thing in this country until 2008's iPhone 3G.

Over the course of today I expect there to be no shortage of tributes and retrospectives; look for those in this afternoon's news round-up. Until then, for some proper U.S. perspective you'll just have to make do with Apple CEO Tim Cook:

Shout-outs to anyone still hanging on to their original iPhone unlimited data plan from AT&T...!

Source: Apple
    The iPhone was introduced by Apple in 2007. The iPhone 3G officially came to Canada with Rogers and Fido in 2008. Bell and Telus Mobility announced their release of iPhone on November 4 and 5, 2009, respectively.
    Last edited by Doolie; 01-09-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Time flies faster then ever.

Phone
    Iphone 3G and now the Iphone 4
    Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    It sure does fly. Wow

Phone
    iPhone 7
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was so turned off by the initial hysteria surrounding the iPhone that I refused to get it. I finally broke down after a couple years and got one.

Feedback Score
    I remember thinking that the iPhone was a fad that wouldn't last and bought the Nokia N95 instead for its superior camera! I eventually gave in and bought into the iPhone concept, only Samsung's version of it

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I myself never paid for any iPhone, All my iPhones are hand me donw from my brother and sister.

Feedback Score
    Just purchased my first iPhone ever. The 5S 16GB. Coming from Android 5.1, the iPhone's iOS 10.1 is just meh. Guess I'm 10 years too late!

Los Angeles / San Diego - Tijuana / CDMX - Puebla
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Samsung Galaxy S7 / BlackBerry Passport / BlackBerry Classic
    Carrier
    Pacific Bell Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    I was so turned off by the initial hysteria surrounding the iPhone that I refused to get it. I finally broke down after a couple years and got one.
    Yeah, same here..
    I ended up with my first iPhone which was the 3GS.

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My first iPhone was a 4 when my brother upgraded to a 5.

Phone
    Currently: Note 4, followed by an Umi eMax
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That first one was indeed a game changer....pity the newest ones simply don't matter anymore. Apple needs a new idea and soon....

Carrier
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I remember around that time I was a huge Blackberry fanboy, and vowed I'd never get an iPhone. Ha! How times have changed, pretty much been hooked since the 5s and have or had every iPhone that has come after that.

Phone
    iphone 6S
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    That first one was indeed a game changer....pity the newest ones simply don't matter anymore. Apple needs a new idea and soon....
    Agreed. My iPhone 6S isn't much different than my Samsung Galaxy S5. Both companies seem to be borrowing ideas from the other.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Marty View Post
    Agreed. My iPhone 6S isn't much different than my Samsung Galaxy S5. Both companies seem to be borrowing ideas from the other.
    I just bought a 7+ coming from an S7 Edge & S6 Active. I'm amazed at just how much my 7+ reminds me of my S7 Edge everytime I see them. What I miss most about my android phones was being able to use my phone's stock dialer with my GV number. Now with this new iPhone I don't have any major problems using GV, but dialing out requires my using the Google Hangouts app. I suppose I could also use the Google Voice app. The one thing I'm looking forward to if I stay the course is the lack of fragmentation compared to android. Still I'm pretty dependent on google services.