Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cricket priority on network

Feedback Score

Cricket priority on network

Hi, I am hopeful that someone here knows what priority cricket has on the AT&T network. I live in a city (Lowell,MA) that has congestion issues with every carrier. This is a big college city and there are thousands of students that live and go to school here, not including the many businesses and permanent residents. There are very few towers and congestion is always an issue.
    I like crickets coverage and pricing but keep having problems with the network. I get missed calls frequently (goes right to voice mail). Sometimes on a call the call will get dropped.
    Data is a big problem. Sometimes the speeds drop under 1Mb/s and uploads around 1-2 Mb/s.
    I know all these issues are related to congestion. When I use GoPhone things seem much better.
    By the way this is with an iPhone 6s+ AT&T model, so I know it's not the phone.
    I would like to use cricket for the unlimited data plan, but what good is unlimited when cricket seems to be last on the totem pole.
    Right now I am back to Sprint postpaid and calls are never a problem, but as I mentioned before, Sprint also suffers from congestion with slow data speeds.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Thanks. I read that already. I was hoping that someone with inside info would be able to tell me (or all of us) just how low cricket is on the priority scale on the network. Is it below Straight talk?, H2O? other MVNO's? I know GoPhone seems to have a pretty high priority (I'm guessing right behind postpaid service).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Thanks. I read that already. I was hoping that someone with inside info would be able to tell me (or all of us) just how low cricket is on the priority scale on the network. Is it below Straight talk?, H2O? other MVNO's? I know GoPhone seems to have a pretty high priority (I'm guessing right behind postpaid service).
    Well, from my experience (just my opinion)... at&t not allowing cricket users to use volte and as soon as at&t postpaid user experience the slightest drop in speeds.. cricket user slow down quit a bit and only being that the Capp is 8mbps not a lot of room to play with.. I would say priority is very low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    From my experience and the experience of a lot of others who have compared side by side with AT&T, Cricket isn't really that low on priority..

Simple answer, when Cricket sucks due to speeds so does AT&T.. I have ran my test in very congested areas such as Disney on New Year's Eve, Myrtle Beach, Sporting Events, and large populated areas..

The only area I had major congestion issues was Myrtle Beach.. my phone actually started working better slightly before my friends postpaid AT&T phone. But both the Cricket and the AT&T phone sucked during the congested day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, LG Volt, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, RingPlus, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Another anecdote here. I have never experienced congestion problems on my Cricket line except for when my wife's ATT postpaid line also had issues.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Cricket is a Level 3-Beta priority rank unless there is a stack overflow penumbra in which case it could drop as low as a 5-Gamma. But this rarely happens, only basically in theory could it go that low.

Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Cricket is a Level 3-Beta priority rank unless there is a stack overflow penumbra in which case it could drop as low as a 5-Gamma. But this rarely happens, only basically in theory could it go that low.
    I agree and I could not have said it more clearly.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the answer. How about translating that for some of us that don't know what that means exactly.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the answer. How about translating that for some of us that don't know what that means exactly.
    Sure not a problem. I know sometimes it can be confusing so let me break it down. First of all, Cricket is a Level 3-Beta priority rank. That much we know, it's a given. Unless there is a stack overflow penumbra. If that occurs, it could drop as low as a 5-Gamma. In theory at least. But this rarely happens, in fact I'm not sure anyone has really seen it. So only basically in theory could it go that low.

Hopefully that helps clarify

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, LG Volt, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, RingPlus, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sure not a problem. I know sometimes it can be confusing so let me break it down. First of all, Cricket is a Level 3-Beta priority rank. That much we know, it's a given. Unless there is a stack overflow penumbra. If that occurs, it could drop as low as a 5-Gamma. In theory at least. But this rarely happens, in fact I'm not sure anyone has really seen it. So only basically in theory could it go that low.

You are clearly having too much fun here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score

Where is that darn "like" button when it's needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have an AT&T phone on a business plan and for 6 months a phone on Cricket. I travel 50,000 plus miles a year everywhere in NC SC VA TN GA. When the post paid phone is slow so is Cricket . When post paid AT&T is fast so is Cricket. I never saw one instance of a priority issue. My Cricket line is now on Gophone for tethering reasons and same observation.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Here is what we know, Cricket data speeds are capped at 8Mbps for LTE and 4Mbps on 4G. They run off proxy servers hence the higher pings/latency.

You ARE NOT going to get a solid answer to your question. Where they rate on the food chain is anyones guess.

I think Hogan773 gave you the best explanation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies. I really wanted cricket to be a good service for me but I guess I will just stay with GoPhone. Haven't had any issues with it like I had with cricket.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast