Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 200gb lose your unlimited by feb 16,2017

Feedback Score

200gb lose your unlimited by feb 16,2017

"Verizon customers on unlimited plans who consume an average of 200 GB of data or more per month must move to a new plan or switch carriers in the next month.

The nation’s largest carrier told its employees last week that customers who surpass the 200 GB-per-month threshold risk losing their unlimited data plans by Feb. 16, Droid Life reported this morning. The move followed Verizon’s announcement last July that it planned to kill service to customers on unlimited plans who consume “extraordinary” amounts of data unless they switched plans.

Verizon stopped offering unlimited data to new customers in July 2011, roughly a year after AT&T discontinued its own unlimited data service. The carrier last year introduced plans with a high-end, "XX-Large" offering of 24 GB per for $110 per month. Its 100 GB plan costs $450 per month.

Verizon remains staunchly opposed to unlimited data plans even as its rivals rushed to offer unlimited data last year. T-Mobile and Sprint both introduced unlimited data plans last August, and AT&T last year began to offer unlimited data to its customers who also subscribe to DirecTV.

Verizon maintains that unlimited data simply isn’t viable in a world of ever-increasing mobile data usage, however.

“At the end of the day, the majority of people don’t need unlimited plans. But the people who use unlimited plans can be abusive; they can really wreak havoc to your network,” former Verizon CFO Fran Shammo said during an investors conference several months ago. “You cannot make money in an unlimited video world. You just cannot do it, because you need the cash flow to keep up with your demand.”

Read more on"

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...nlimited-plans

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    This sounds par for the course for Verizon. Move along nothing to see here.
    In a world full of Droids, I'm a shiny Apple.

Feedback Score
    I would love to see what happens in a 5g Verizon world...500 gig plans? A user could go thru 200 gigs like nothing if 5g lives up to even part of its hype. They will find a way to put a pall on it. I remember their first iphone killer the Blackberry Storm had only 3g and no wifi so that every bit of data use would have to go thru their control freak fingers. Then they started saying wifi is good because it helped relieve their network at no cost. Verizon is only for Verizon. That'll never change

Sent from my LGLS676 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has disconnected subs for using too much data also. Nothing new to the wireless industry.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbudha View Post
    "At the end of the day, the majority of people don’t need unlimited plans. But the people who use unlimited plans can be abusive; they can really wreak havoc to your network,” former Verizon CFO Fran Shammo said during an investors conference several months ago. “You cannot make money in an unlimited video world. You just cannot do it, because you need the cash flow to keep up with your demand.”
    I wouldn't really believe anything Shamwow says. He's been opposed to a lot of things and Verizon has done an about face on their position.

I remain optimistic that in a 5G world, unlimited data may be coming back. Of course that may mean decommissioning Band 13 if they want to really control usage on the network, but it might not happen that way.

I mention the decommission of Band 13 because CDMA would be shut down by 2020. Not factual but a prediction.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What does Band 13 have to do with shutting down CDMA?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    What does Band 13 have to do with shutting down CDMA?
    Nothing at all. I'm saying If VZW doesn't want to be restricted because of the Block C rules, then decommissioning Band 13 and replacing it with 800MHz and 600MHz might be something they might consider down the road.

It just gives them control of their network if they wanted to dance around the concept of reintroducing Unlimited data in a 5G world.

It's just pure speculation. They might not do it at all. Or just reintroduce it or not bring it back at all.

But as far as Shammo, he remains firm UD can't be sustained. Verizon has changed their minds plenty of times contradicting him so let's see what happens when 5G is here officially

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There's a belief that the open device/application provisions of the Block C (i.e., Band 13) regulations prevents Verizon from doing any significant network management, precluding them implementing measures that could allow them to handle high-usage customers while maintaining quality of service for others. I don't subscribe to that belief.

As for the tie-in with shutting down CDMA, I think he's suggestion that Verizon could replace the 10mhz of nationwide spectrum in Band 13 with the ~10mhz of cellular spectrum in the 800mhz band that's currently being used for the CDMA network.

As a side note, the Block C provisions don't apply to other bands. Verizon is perfectly free to prioritize, block, throttle, etc. devices and applications on every other band.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie14 View Post
    There's a belief that the open device/application provisions of the Block C (i.e., Band 13) regulations prevents Verizon from doing any significant network management, precluding them implementing measures that could allow them to handle high-usage customers while maintaining quality of service for others. I don't subscribe to that belief.

As for the tie-in with shutting down CDMA, I think he's suggestion that Verizon could replace the 10mhz of nationwide spectrum in Band 13 with the ~10mhz of cellular spectrum in the 800mhz band that's currently being used for the CDMA network.

As a side note, the Block C provisions don't apply to other bands. Verizon is perfectly free to prioritize, block, throttle, etc. devices and applications on every other band.
    ^ Exactly this. Thank you for the insight on the Block C provisions.

Feedback Score
    Did I say if you can use that much you deserve to be kicked off. Bye bye period every Network should have a 100 gigabyte hard cap if you over at your dad's goes to DVD ridiculous get home internet or helps keep your wireless usage and streaming to a minimum. Causes Network congestion I can't even use close to 200 gigabytes even on phone and computer usually about 50 Wi-Fi and cellular combined bathroom have a month 4 gigabytes on cellular 45 Wi-Fi

Sent from my SM-N910P using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    How is this thread different from the other one? http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ing-over-200gb

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint1 View Post
    Did I say if you can use that much you deserve to be kicked off. Bye bye period every Network should have a 100 gigabyte hard cap if you over at your dad's goes to DVD ridiculous get home internet or helps keep your wireless usage and streaming to a minimum. Causes Network congestion I can't even use close to 200 gigabytes even on phone and computer usually about 50 Wi-Fi and cellular combined bathroom have a month 4 gigabytes on cellular 45 Wi-Fi

Sent from my SM-N910P using HoFo mobile app
    Name:  lolwut.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  70.7 KB

Sent from my computer

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    How is this thread different from the other one? http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ing-over-200gb
    This one contains Verizon's official statement on unlimited data, the other is just a report of people getting letters.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    This one contains Verizon's official statement on unlimited data, the other is just a report of people getting letters.
    Okay. I read the linked article and didn't see any "official statement" from Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohio818 View Post
    Name:  lolwut.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  70.7 KB

Sent from my computer
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaba

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast