Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New AT&T Customer

Feedback Score

New AT&T Customer

VoLTE won't work at my house on iPhone SE, but works away from my house just fine. Ideas?
    Last edited by FastGPRS; 01-10-2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Correcting a spelling error

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Maybe FastGPRS doesn't have wifi at home for wifi calling?

There may be a tower here and there where it isn't working, although I never find any around here. Where are you at? Are you on a fringe area where HD Voice stops and regular voice begins?

Feedback Score
    I don't believe in providing the back haul that I'm paying $130/month for AT&T to provide. In my opinion, Wi-Fi calling is just a way for them to un-congest the cell towers while making the customer pay to provide the bandwidth. I'm paying for it, I'm using it! To answer Gus, yes, I get full LTE bars at home. I waited 30 minutes on hold to have someone answer the line with "What be VoLTE?" I said, "Voice over LTE. Its where you make calls using LTE instead of using Circuit Switched UMTS." His response was, "You need to have insurance on your phone." I hung up and went to the store, where the employees still did not know what I was talking about. "You don't want to make calls using data, you'll use up all your data!"
    Last edited by veriztd; 01-10-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGPRS View Post
    I don't believe in providing the back haul that I'm paying $130/month for AT&T to provide. In my opinion, Wi-Fi calling is just a way for them to un-congest the cell towers while making the customer pay to provide the bandwidth. I'm paying for it, I'm using it! To answer Gus, yes, I get full LTE bars at home. I waited 30 minutes on hold to have someone answer the line with "What be VoLTE?" I said, "Voice over LTE. Its where you make calls using LTE instead of using Circuit Switched UMTS." His response was, "You need to have insurance on your phone." I hung up and went to the store, where the employees still did not know what I was talking about. "You don't want to make calls using data, you'll use up all your data!"
    If it's working elsewhere then you probably already have "Enable LTE" set to "Voice and Data"

Next thing you can do is go to settings<general<about. Where you see "carrier", tap on it til you see "IMS Status". It'll say "Voice & SMS" if your phone is getting VoLTE. If not it'll just say "SMS". Keep us posted.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    What exactly happens when you try to make a call at home? Does it just not work inside, but works outside.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    It doesn't matter if im indoor out outdoors as long as im attached to this tower

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Does calls connect without issues on 3g at the house?

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint :(, Verizon 2009-2015, US Cellular 2006-2008
    Feedback Score
    VoLTE won't work at my house on iPhone SE, but works away from my house just fine. Ideas?
    Not all towers have VoLTE and LTE, some are just LTE. It's not a big deal. Wifi calling is not exactly an excuse not to have coverage. Around here if you don't have broadband cable or DSL at the minimum the you don't have cell service either more then likely.

I like wifi calling in the iPhone. I love how it automatically switches to wifi when I come down to the man cave. Sounds the same. I also made calls on 4G and they sound good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Wifi calling is good when you don't have a signal but when I have a good signal I feel that wifi calling just serves to release att of their backhaul obligations

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wifi calling is good when you don't have a signal but when I have a good signal I feel that wifi calling just serves to release att of their backhaul obligations
    They have obligations???? Hmm. Nah, don't look at it like that. Look at it as increasing reliability. They don't have to offer Wifi calling. They also don't have to upgrade the tower in your area but do it to assist in coverage and service to their customers.

Backhaul has little to do with phone calls these days as if VoLTE was saturated then calls still have priority and there just so much that would have to be wrong for that to happen, UNLESS you were in a heavily congested area.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Also VoLTE is highly unreliable I have found when I had Verizon. I have had 0 VoLTE issues with ATT. Better prices and service where I have coverage.

You do have LTE at home right?

Feedback Score

New AT&amp;T Customer

I doubt it's an AT&T problem it might be an phone problem!

Feedback Score
    Do you think it's a phone issue when it happens with two iPhone se

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    If it's working elsewhere then you probably already have "Enable LTE" set to "Voice and Data"

Next thing you can do is go to settings<general<about. Where you see "carrier", tap on it til you see "IMS Status". It'll say "Voice & SMS" if your phone is getting VoLTE. If not it'll just say "SMS". Keep us posted.
    @FastGPRS did you try this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wireless was never intended to replace a wired connection indoors. There is no guarantee of service inside a building unlike a wired connection, that's why they offer WiFi calling.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast