Thread: Grrr Any insight

Feedback Score

Grrr Any insight

Straight talk 6s Iphone that has been active for 372 days. It currently is running on V and need it on At&t. I have just talked to 3 unlockers and was hung up on by 2 and I hung up on the third. They say it has been only in payed service since June. Well 2 things happened in June. One the 1yr card ran out and I went to 30 day cards. Secondly we realized that it was running on V and Not At&t as we needed it to for an area we were moving. I called and talked to them in June and they tried to do say maybe then could change it to At&t. But nothing else. So now I have to pay for 6 more mnths of service on a phone that is not usable unless I happen to go into the local town.

Any advice much appreciated. I dont mind selling it and eating the cost of buying a new one,but the internet is flooded with used phones and I doubt it would sell??????

Feedback Score
    The phone must be active for 12 months before it can be unlocked.
    Have you already tried an active AT&T sim in the phone ? It might just work.

Feedback Score
    Thats the thing it has been active since 2JAN16 But I called in June to see about getting it on ATT network and they must have messed with the info online when they told me no.

So today I got a Straight talk ATT sim. It did not work just said no service. So decided to try the SIM out of another currently active ST Att phone we have and it worked but with the other phones info!! Can I call ST and tell them the old sim( a verizon) was damaged and have a new one to activate and get it to work with my current number? Luckily from what I have read this 6S on the box shows all carriers.
    TIA

Device(s)
    ST iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 things on this topic.
    1st, I have an Iphone 6 from Straight Talk. My phone runs on the ATT side. Long before my year had passed, I went to an ATT site and entered the info for an unlock request and they did it. I know they did because after it was done, I went and checked it again (I don't remember if it was on their site or by phone) and they said it was already unlocked. I never did anything about moving the phone somewhere else but after my year, I submitted an unlock request from ST and they told me it was already unlocked.

2nd, later on I wanted to move to the Verizon side so I got a ST Verizon sim and tried to change it over and it would not work. I talked to ST and they told me they cannot transfer a ST phone that was on ATT to Verizon or vise versa because something with their system will not allow that. Someone I had talked to said the only option might be to port out of ST to a normal carrier, then port back in to the side of ST you want. I don't know for certain this would work, it's just something I was told might work.

Feedback Score
    Any site I check says it is locked.

I have put a Sim in from another ST At&t phone and it works(as if its the at&t phone not the V one).

I have a new ST At&t chip that when I insert it is says no service. My guess is it needs to be activated. But how do I get them to activate it to the new sim with hopefully not loosing the number? Can I call and say something happened to the Sim??
    Or is there a way to do it online?

Side note I do have a At&t sim that the number was started on in a 5C before this 6s. Could I get them to reactivate it and just slide it in?

Feedback Score
    Still hoping someone can give me the answer to this question? Can I just tell them the Verizon sim got damaged and want the Att sim activated?Or can I pull the old Att sim out of a 5c and get them to activate it?

Have looked into buying another 6s to load At&t and ST tells me they only sell the cdma 6s.
    But our current 6s shows compatible across the board.

Device(s)
    iphone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspark View Post
    ST tells me they only sell the cdma 6s.
    Straight Talk is correct about the iPhone 6s. The AT&T iphone 6S has CDMA even though it is not needed. The 6S can be swapped between CDMA and GSM carriers. The iPhone 7 was launched with a CDMA version and a non CDMA version.

Sounds as if Straight Talk has the phone locked to Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspark View Post
    Still hoping someone can give me the answer to this question? Can I just tell them the Verizon sim got damaged and want the Att sim activated?Or can I pull the old Att sim out of a 5c and get them to activate it?

Have looked into buying another 6s to load At&t and ST tells me they only sell the cdma 6s.
    If you can't re-activate the 5c SIM , I always heard you can not,
    but on my ST profile/Account on the website, it shows my old iPhone 4 SIM
    and there are links to reactivate, but I did not ever try.

But why not just get a ST SIM kit and activate with the 5C again, and then put that SIM in the 6S ?