Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone 'minutes' bundles - does TF track who bought (ie from HSN) or who activates?

Feedback Score

Tracfone 'minutes' bundles - does TF track who bought (ie from HSN) or who activates?

Quick question... does it matter who specifically BUYS a phone-with-minutes bundle from HSN, QVC, or elsewhere? Or only who activates?

Like if I buy a phone with minutes and give it to my girlfriend. Then she buys a phones with minutes bundle (to a different address) and is claiming the prior phone as hers, to keep the phone number, port the old days/minutes, migrate to the new phone, and add the bundled days/minutes... is this likely to create any problems?

HSN just has this 15% off first time order benefit that she might independantly claim but wondering if TF in any way attaches the phone minutes to an original purchaser, the way they apparently attach it to a specific phone ordered as well. (since I thought you can only use the bundled minutes with the phone you ordered it with anymore - unless i'm wrong on that too)

Feedback Score
    They don't not care. People give gifts .

Feedback Score
    Who else would have ever given this a thought??? (unless one was considering some illegal with the phones) LOL

Minutes in a bundle are attached to the phone because people were ordering bundles off HSN and QVC last year, using the airtime pin's printed on the invoice, then returning the phone. There was a post about that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by unit_shifter View Post
    Quick question... does it matter who specifically BUYS a phone-with-minutes bundle from HSN, QVC, or elsewhere? Or only who activates?

Like if I buy a phone with minutes and give it to my girlfriend. Then she buys a phones with minutes bundle (to a different address) and is claiming the prior phone as hers, to keep the phone number, port the old days/minutes, migrate to the new phone, and add the bundled days/minutes... is this likely to create any problems?

HSN just has this 15% off first time order benefit that she might independantly claim but wondering if TF in any way attaches the phone minutes to an original purchaser, the way they apparently attach it to a specific phone ordered as well. (since I thought you can only use the bundled minutes with the phone you ordered it with anymore - unless i'm wrong on that too)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    They don't not care. People give gifts .
    Well yes but after hearing horror stories about Tracfone seeming to find excuses to make peoples minutes disappear potentially years after you bought them for the crime of 'having a high balance' I was wondering if anyone has had trouble. I had heard sometimes when activating HSN bought phones they want to know the order number from HSN for instance, and was wondering if there is some loophole or excuse they could use to deny the 'bundled minutes' even if you bought the phone in part for those minutes. It seems like a person may need to either keep rigorous documentation or hold Tracfone's feet to the fire on occasion from the hearsay i've been reading...

Feedback Score
    Keeping records would be a good thing. Also I would not buy airtime from any eBay or Amazon sellers because it could be from stolen funds and that may have been a factor in TracFone raping people, but they never bothered to contact the rapee and give a reason.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Exactly~! When has any rapist ever contacted a rapee and given them a reason for the rape?
    Tracfone is notorious for keeping us in the dark and never providing anyone a reason to summit with litigation.
    If Tracfone could come up with a way to keep us from knowing we had been cellular raped, they would utilize it.

Feedback Score
    Sure have been a lot of user's "raped" by companies recently. what's up with that?

Feedback Score
    Currently, bundled minutes are attached to the new phone..............Last year, as I explained, sometimes you did have to supply the order number because the airtime pin # was attached to the HSN/QVC order number, as the pin was printed on the packing list.....A thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by unit_shifter View Post
    Well yes but after hearing horror stories about Tracfone seeming to find excuses to make peoples minutes disappear potentially years after you bought them for the crime of 'having a high balance' I was wondering if anyone has had trouble. I had heard sometimes when activating HSN bought phones they want to know the order number from HSN for instance, and was wondering if there is some loophole or excuse they could use to deny the 'bundled minutes' even if you bought the phone in part for those minutes. It seems like a person may need to either keep rigorous documentation or hold Tracfone's feet to the fire on occasion from the hearsay i've been reading...

Device(s)
    Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her daddy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    You cricket drifters are welcome!
    Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her daddy a lot of money! Also tell everyone i am making my post # grow! I love chatting!!! How about you?

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by medontknow View Post
    You cricket drifters are welcome!
    There sure seem to be a lot of snide remarks tossed around that I have a hard time figuring out what they are related to....cricket drifters??

Feedback Score
    gmannix,
    medontknow went to the cricket section and dropped a bomb there a few days ago and it turned into a big mess.

Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    There sure seem to be a lot of snide remarks tossed around that I have a hard time figuring out what they are related to....cricket drifters??

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    gmannix,
    medontknow went to the cricket section and dropped a bomb there a few days ago and it turned into a big mess.
    An exact example of what I meant !I saw the comment you speak of and thought it rather childish, but I also saw the back and forth prior to that comment as well as in a couple tirades in recent posts and I fail to see the need for it. This ain't third grade people, and bullying has become a no-no, nowadays. I will admit I did a bit of drive-by shooting myself, but enough is enough.

Feedback Score
    gmannix,
    Oh, that's what that smell was.

Feedback Score
    Yep, all those threads are now C L O S E D ! !

gmannix,

Feedback Score
    How many were there? I thought just one .

Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    Yep, all those threads are now C L O S E D ! !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast