Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: New Single Line Postpaid plans starting 1/17. $55 for 5gb, $70 for 7gb.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon formerly AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As of this post the information is now showing on Verizon's website however it looks to be in store only until the 24th. As I said in another post I really think this is Verizon's answer to the fact that T-Mobile is discontinuing their simple choice plans.

Feedback Score
    It's not a bad price and tempting for me to switch to. I wonder how long they will offer it.
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/5gb-for-55/

It says you can get it either in store or by phone now, but it will be available online on Jan. 24th. I'm gonna call in later today to see what the final price would be for me after my discount.

Sent from my VS986 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well I did it. I just switched to the new Single Smartphone plan debuting today. I had UDP and an old Nationwide plan and am under contract until October.

To answer another posters question, no you are not charged an extra $20 line access fee just because you are still under contact. I will pay $55 per month before taxes since I also signed up for the autopay.

This is going to be a very good fit for me since the most data I have ever used is 3GB a couple of months out of the year. The rest of the time I am closer to 1 GB.

UPDATE: If you are still under contract the access fee doubles from $20 to $40 for the duration of that contract, They lied to me.
    Last edited by rjack22; 01-17-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjack22 View Post
    Well I did it. I just switched to the new Single Smartphone plan debuting today. I had UDP and an old Nationwide plan and am under contract until October.

To answer another posters question, no you are not charged an extra $20 line access fee just because you are still under contact. I will pay $55 per month before taxes since I also signed up for the autopay.

This is going to be a very good fit for me since the most data I have ever used is 3GB a couple of months out of the year. The rest of the time I am closer to 1 GB.
    Cool. Did they say you can use your employee discount with this plan? I have heard yes but want to make sure before I make any moves

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This is a lot better than the $60 2GB plan I have now. I will surely go for this plan once you can sign up for it online.

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I didn't ask anything about employee's discounts as I don't qualify for any of that. I also forgot to ask about a free hotspot. Maybe someone else knows about that.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm getting it right now and they are adding the employee discount. They said it applies to the $40 portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Didn't you have to pay an ETF for leaving your contract?

Also, did you look at the Verizon prepaid plan offered through Walmart? 7GB for $50/mo.

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ah...but I didn't have to leave my contract. I still have my contract until October.

And I just called and asked about the free hotspot and YES, it includes the free hotspot with this plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiszcz View Post
    I'm getting it right now and they are adding the employee discount. They said it applies to the $40 portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sweet that's what I found out too. Now more tempted to switch to it lol

Feedback Score
    I'll give att some time to come out with something but with discount and hotspot it's very tempting.

With same discount on att it comes out to be $1 cheaper on Verizon with 2gb more of data. Talk about a no brainier.

Only downside I see is less phone options (and maybe fall back) especially with the phones I have now. Just about all work on att but not all on Verizon. That's the main drawback for me and the hassle of switching

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Okay, update. They lied to me. I do have to pay the double access fee until out of contract. So $40 and not $20. I deliberately asked all the right questions. I questioned her not once but at least three times if the line access fee was going to be $20 or $40 and stated that I was still under contract. Each time I was told it would only be $20. So I switched.
    Now I have to decide whether to go back to my old plan or just keep it. Said I had 30 days. Cost wise it will be about the same as before and I won't see the reduction until my contract ends. And I am gaining unlimited text and a free hotspot. I have to think about this but I wanted to warn everyone that I was given misinformation.

Feedback Score
    Ah...but I didn't have to leave my contract. I still have my contract until October.

And I just called and asked about the free hotspot and YES, it includes the free hotspot with this plan.
    If there actually is a free hotspot included with this new plan I have a friend that might be very interested in switching ! I might even switch myself.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I called in and changed my $60 2GB loyalty plan over to the $55 5GB one. Indeed the access line fee is $40 instead of $20 since I'm under contract til December. They did discount the data fee however, which took the cost down to $67 which I expected. Safety mode and rollover are included. I'll have to monitor it when the contract is up to make sure they take off the extra $20. That would make it only $47 (plus taxes) for unlimited talk/text and 5GB data with no overages. Not bad.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast