Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: New Single Line Postpaid plans starting 1/17. $55 for 5gb, $70 for 7gb.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon formerly AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjack22 View Post
    Okay, update. They lied to me. I do have to pay the double access fee until out of contract. So $40 and not $20. I deliberately asked all the right questions. I questioned her not once but at least three times if the line access fee was going to be $20 or $40 and stated that I was still under contract. Each time I was told it would only be $20. So I switched.
    Now I have to decide whether to go back to my old plan or just keep it. Said I had 30 days. Cost wise it will be about the same as before and I won't see the reduction until my contract ends. And I am gaining unlimited text and a free hotspot. I have to think about this but I wanted to warn everyone that I was given misinformation.
    I just spoke to Verizon customer service and they confirmed the $20 difference for people in contract. Apparently they just received email about this new plan yesterday so it sounds like some of the reps are still a little bit in the dark. I will be out of contract in a little more than a month so will probably take advantage of the new plan then.

Device(s)
    LG K4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baayers View Post
    I just spoke to Verizon customer service and they confirmed the $20 difference for people in contract. Apparently they just received email about this new plan yesterday so it sounds like some of the reps are still a little bit in the dark. I will be out of contract in a little more than a month so will probably take advantage of the new plan then.
    I can confirm that the details on the plan were confusing when I read them at work yesterday. Glad I'm only tech support and don't get too many of these calls.
    -- My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer, past, present, or future.

Feedback Score
    Did anyone try to do the 7gb plan? I don't see that on the page from Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjack22 View Post
    Okay, update. They lied to me. I do have to pay the double access fee until out of contract. So $40 and not $20. I deliberately asked all the right questions. I questioned her not once but at least three times if the line access fee was going to be $20 or $40 and stated that I was still under contract. Each time I was told it would only be $20. So I switched.
    Now I have to decide whether to go back to my old plan or just keep it. Said I had 30 days. Cost wise it will be about the same as before and I won't see the reduction until my contract ends. And I am gaining unlimited text and a free hotspot. I have to think about this but I wanted to warn everyone that I was given misinformation.
    To me this is totally unacceptable crap from a Verizon sales person ! but it's definitely not uncommon , I've experienced this type of stuff from Verizon employees at least 4 different times.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    If there actually is a free hotspot included with this new plan I have a friend that might be very interested in switching ! I might even switch myself.
    Please elaborate on free hotspot? Does that mean you can use hotspot as much as you want without it counting against your data allotment or does it mean it does count against it but it's just free to use it? Thanks 🏻🏻🏻

Feedback Score
    My guess is you can use hotspot according to your data allotment with no extra charge on top of the normal price

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    Please elaborate on free hotspot? Does that mean you can use hotspot as much as you want without it counting against your data allotment or does it mean it does count against it but it's just free to use it? Thanks ������
    I sure ain't No expert but am pretty sure u could use the jetpack on the account without any extra fee until 5gb gets used up then safety mode would kick in and slow the speed down, then if u wanted to you could buy more gb at the normal speed for $15 per gb.

Feedback Score
    I sure ain't No expert but am pretty sure u could use the jetpack on the account without any extra fee until 5gb gets used up then safety mode would kick in and slow the speed down, then if u wanted to you could buy more gb at the normal speed for $15 per gb.
    Yeah that's how it sounds to me

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The hotspot uses your data. But there is no extra charge to use it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    Please elaborate on free hotspot? Does that mean you can use hotspot as much as you want without it counting against your data allotment or does it mean it does count against it but it's just free to use it? Thanks ������
    No it means you can use your PHONE as a hotpsot without an extra charge But any data will count.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I am currently on the 2GB plan, which is $28 after 19% discount +20+20 for two lines= $68 ($79 with taxes).
    Can this new 5GB plan be used with two line access, or just 1 device?
    If it could be used with two, then it would be $32 after discount +20+20= $72 (about $4 more than my current 2GB plan).
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I am currently on the 2GB plan, which is $28 after 19% discount +20+20 for two lines= $68 ($79 with taxes).
    Can this new 5GB plan be used with two line access, or just 1 device?
    If it could be used with two, then it would be $32 after discount +20+20= $72 (about $4 more than my current 2GB plan).
    1 phone and up to 2 other devices such as a tbalet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunya_Bizness View Post
    1 phone and up to 2 other devices such as a tbalet
    But no jetpack, hotspot, mifi or whatever name they want to use for something like a 6620L ? If that's the case this is just another new deal that's worthless to me.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Any idea if the 3% paperless billing discount also applies or is that sort of rolled into the Autopay discount?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    But no jetpack, hotspot, mifi or whatever name they want to use for something like a 6620L ? If that's the case this is just another new deal that's worthless to me.
    I'm sure you can use them too but you will have to pay whatever those line access fees are and the data will count. Why pay for a jetpack or mi-fi when you phone can be used as a hotspot and it won't cost extra?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast