Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Chatr 4G

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0

    Chatr 4G

    I have recently noticed that sometimes my phone when turned on showed 4G for a couple of seconds.

    Is anyone noticed that as well?

    PS my phone is not Samsung, so it doesn't lie about network type eg if it's 3g it does show 3g. If it's HSDPA it shows as well etc

    Never seen 4G before on Chatr

    Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using HoFo mobile app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    943
    Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had an older post (not sure if this forum or Mobi forum) about this
    My Nexus shows 4G nearly constantly

    It seems plenty fast enough (WAY faster than Wind in my testing) so I dunno
    It could be a tower thing where I live?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    355
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND Mobile -> Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Have you guys done any speed tests when on 4G?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    237
    Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneseeker101 View Post
    Have you guys done any speed tests when on 4G?
    I did a speed test on my girlfriend's phone which always shows "4G":

    9.99 Mbps Download
    1.45 Mbps Upload
    36 ms Ping

    She has the 1 GB data add-on for Chatr's $25 province-wide calling plan.

    @beer_wisdom and, I believe, @Mr.Peppermint are like me. We came to Chatr from Mobilicity. We are on "Expired Mobilicity" plans that are hard limited to 3 Mbps.

    Chatr's "Talk, Text & Data Plans (In-Zone)" are also hard limited to 3 Mbps.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    943
    Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    We came to Chatr from Mobilicity. We are on "Expired Mobilicity" plans that are hard limited to 3 Mbps.
    Yes on Mobi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,086
    Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    [...]PS my phone is not Samsung, so it doesn't lie about network type eg if it's 3g it does show 3g. If it's HSDPA it shows as well etc[...]HoFo mobile app
    There are lots of non-Samsung phones that do that. In fact, some models of phone will do that (or not) depending on which country they're sold in. HSDPA is just the old term for HSPA. Generally speaking 3G is broken down into HSPA, HSPA+, and DC-HSPA+, and different devices will display them different ways. Some will say 4G for HSPA+, some might not kick over to displaying 4G until it hits DC-HSPA+, and some only for LTE. None of this is to say you're not getting LTE, I don't know enough to say either way.
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is there any plan to change to 4G?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    237
    Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    Is there any plan to change to 4G?
    No, not that I have seen. Perhaps the 2 GB add-on for Chatr's $35 and $45 "Talk & Text Plans (Optional Data)" is faster than the 1 GB add-on my girlfriend has on her $25 Province-wide plan. But I doubt the 2 GB add-on is faster. If anyone has the 2 GB add-on, please let us know!

    My girlfriend's typical speeds of 9.99 Mbps down and about 1.5 Mbps upload are speeds I sometimes saw on my old 3G iPhone 4S on Virgin Mobile -- but Virgin Mobile's 3G upload speed was usually much faster at around 3 or 4 Mbps.

    And all of Chatr's In-Zone data plans are hard limited (i.e. Rogers limited) to 3 Mbps.

    So no 4G data on Chatr that I'm aware of.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    No, not that I have seen. Perhaps the 2 GB add-on for Chatr's $35 and $45 "Talk & Text Plans (Optional Data)" is faster than the 1 GB add-on my girlfriend has on her $25 Province-wide plan. But I doubt the 2 GB add-on is faster. If anyone has the 2 GB add-on, please let us know!

    My girlfriend's typical speeds of 9.99 Mbps down and about 1.5 Mbps upload are speeds I sometimes saw on my old 3G iPhone 4S on Virgin Mobile -- but Virgin Mobile's 3G upload speed was usually much faster at around 3 or 4 Mbps.

    And all of Chatr's In-Zone data plans are hard limited (i.e. Rogers limited) to 3 Mbps.

    So no 4G data on Chatr that I'm aware of.
    I am sorry! I put my question is the wrong way!
    My questions actually was: is there any plan to change the 3G to 4G in the future?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    237
    Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    I am sorry! I put my question is the wrong way!
    My questions actually was: is there any plan to change the 3G to 4G in the future?
    Oh, I see. Your question was already asked here a couple of months ago: Speculation on when Chatr will enable LTE access and drop zones

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    6,383
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    Is there any plan to change to 4G?
    Long term
    I personally suspect the day Wind/Freedom goes LTE we will see an announcement
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    355
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND Mobile -> Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Long term
    I personally suspect the day Wind/Freedom goes LTE we will see an announcement
    Freedom already has LTE (kind of). Do you mean the day they make it available for all plans (grandfathered plans included)?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,533
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneseeker101 View Post
    Freedom already has LTE (kind of). Do you mean the day they make it available for all plans (grandfathered plans included)?
    Fido offers LTE, Chatr subscribers can easily Port Out over to Fido to benefit the LTE network!
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    943
    Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Fido offers LTE, Chatr subscribers can easily Port Out over to Fido to benefit the LTE network!
    Does Fido have unlimited data plans still?
    With North America calling?
    For $40 (or less with some older plans)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Fido offers LTE, Chatr subscribers can easily Port Out over to Fido to benefit the LTE network!
    Unlimited for $30?

    Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TBAYtel Samsung Galaxy S II 4G i9100 Unlocking To Use On Rogers/Fido/Chatr/Bell/Telus
    By canadagsm.ca in forum Canadagsm.ca Best deals in mobilephones, accessories and unlocking all under one roof
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM
  2. Unlock Bell HTC Raider™ 4G LTE for Telus/Rogers/Virgin/Solo/fido/chatr
    By canadagsm.ca in forum Canadagsm.ca Best deals in mobilephones, accessories and unlocking all under one roof
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 04:59 PM
  3. Unlock Wind Samsung Galaxy S 4G to use on Mobilicity/Fido/Chatr/Rogers
    By canadagsm.ca in forum Canadagsm.ca Best deals in mobilephones, accessories and unlocking all under one roof
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 02:53 PM
  4. BELL - unlocked htc sensation 4g work with chatr?
    By CAMAROSOURCE in forum Chatr
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 07:14 PM
  5. Is CHATR 4G compatible?
    By CAMAROSOURCE in forum Chatr
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 04:17 AM

Bookmarks