Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chatr 4G

Feedback Score
    If Mobi was migrated to Chatr, why limit to 3MBps speed? Should have whatever Chatr users get. Isn't this good grounds for a class action suit?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaustin0116 View Post
    If Mobi was migrated to Chatr, why limit to 3MBps speed? Should have whatever Chatr users get. Isn't this good grounds for a class action suit?
    I am a chatr user, never been Mobi user, and I get 3mbps speed as well. I wish they get me more! Or at least put some more data plans!

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    I'm experiencing something interesting for the last few days on the subway:

My phone shows full signal and 4G sign, ONLY when I connected to free TTC WIFI.

When I try to make a call it says, cell network unavailable.

Do you think they testing subway coverage?

I sent them Twitter messages, but they just ignore me Rogers style

Is anyone has the same experience?

Ps when I turn off WiFi, I never get to see 4G sign on mobile data, just 3G or H+

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using HoFo mobile app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine who was a mobilicity and now chatr sent that to me today! Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1486321248.838609.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  31.7 KB

It seems that we are going to have some change this year.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    A friend of mine who was a mobilicity and now chatr sent that to me today! Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1486321248.838609.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  31.7 KB

It seems that we are going to have some change this year.
    Can you elaborate more on that screenshot?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So, with Freedom LTE running already and getting new devices every month, its LTE new plans are pretty attractive.
    For now only chatr is full 3G.

Do you guys think that we'll have some speed changes or new 4G/LTE coverage?

I know they are different companies and different coverages (which chatr's is better) but 8gb LtE plans for $59 is a tease!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    I did a speed test on my girlfriend's phone which always shows "4G":

9.99 Mbps Download
    1.45 Mbps Upload
    36 ms Ping

She has the 1 GB data add-on for Chatr's $25 province-wide calling plan.

@beer_wisdom and, I believe, @Mr.Peppermint are like me. We came to Chatr from Mobilicity. We are on "Expired Mobilicity" plans that are hard limited to 3 Mbps.

Chatr's "Talk, Text & Data Plans (In-Zone)" are also hard limited to 3 Mbps.
    Why is your GF paying $40 for 1GB of data and 100 text messages + Unlimited province wide chat on chatr faux 4G?

She's got better options:

Zoomer Wireless (Runs on Rogers):
    - 400 Day time minutes Canada-Wide
    - Unlimited Evenings and Weekends after 6pm
    - 2GB LTE Data
    - Voicemail
    - Conference Calling, Call-Waiting, Name Display, Call Display
    - 2 Year contract with Free Phone which you can keep or flip
    - $36/month and after 6 months they allow you to switch to Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling for being a Loyal Member. This has been confirmed by 100s of people on the it and they have the absolute best customer service.

Koodo (Runs on Telus / Bell Combined):

Plan Details:
    - Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling
    - Unlimited Global Texting, Caller-ID
    - Voicemail 10
    - Conference Calling, Call-Waiting, Call Display
    - LTE 1GB/ $35/month+Tax
    - LTE 6GB/ $49/month+Tax

With Koodo and Zoomer for each referral you get $50 and your friends/family get $50 as well.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    So, with Freedom LTE running already and getting new devices every month, its LTE new plans are pretty attractive.
    For now only chatr is full 3G.

Do you guys think that we'll have some speed changes or new 4G/LTE coverage?

I know they are different companies and different coverages (which chatr's is better) but 8gb LtE plans for $59 is a tease!
    Currently Freedom has a Friends & Family 35% discount, combined that with Better Together (Multi-Line discount) you can save 40%+ off your bill every month with the $59 plan which has everything you'd need for usage within Canada+USA

Freedom's LTE is very consistent around GTA, I've been testing for the past 2 weeks from virtually every corner of GTA.

Mavis/401 & Mavis/steeles to Young/Steeles, Steeles/404, 404/401, 427/401, 400/401, Woodbridge (400/Highway 7), Thornhill (Bathrust/407), 407/Airport Road. Average Speed: 50mbps DN/20mbps UP, PING:<30

All consistent LTE. Only places where Freedom will continue to suffer is indoors, but they are working hard to launch WiFi Calling, already expanded to two phones now (LG V20 and new ZTE)

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Currently Freedom has a Friends & Family 35% discount, combined that with Better Together (Multi-Line discount) you can save 40%+ off your bill every month with the $59 plan which has everything you'd need for usage within Canada+USA

Freedom's LTE is very consistent around GTA, I've been testing for the past 2 weeks from virtually every corner of GTA.

Mavis/401 & Mavis/steeles to Young/Steeles, Steeles/404, 404/401, 427/401, 400/401, Woodbridge (400/Highway 7), Thornhill (Bathrust/407), 407/Airport Road. Average Speed: 50mbps DN/20mbps UP, PING:<30

All consistent LTE. Only places where Freedom will continue to suffer is indoors, but they are working hard to launch WiFi Calling, already expanded to two phones now (LG V20 and new ZTE)
    I do not agree. Wind has only 3,4 phones compatible with LTE.
    Most people are still using 3G, which has crappy coverage and holes in Toronto.
    On top of that you have to get more expensive LTE plan to have access to it. Most people cannot enjoy that LTE for those 2 barriers to enter listed above
    So if you want to switch from other provider and get access to LTE, you end up buying expensive compatibility LTE phone like LG and end up paying around 50 to get access to LTE.
    Not worth it from my perspective.
    It's better to go with discounted brands of big 3, than deal with this crap.
    IMHO

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2