Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Softbank 007sh, but...

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score

Bought a Softbank 007sh, but...

I just bought a Softbank 007sh on Yahoo Auctions, but I noticed after the fact that it has the USIM lock screen on it. Did I just waste my money or is there someway I can remove that (in Canada)? I read the thread about unlocking/rooting 007sh phones but it's quite the mess of information and I have no idea if it would even help me unlock the phone anyways. I'm not concerned with getting the phone on a network just yet (my current provider wouldn't support it anyways), I just want to be able to use the other functions of the phone.

If I need to buy a hypersim, what kind do I need (and where can I find it?)

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tantantan View Post
    I just bought a Softbank 007sh on Yahoo Auctions, but I noticed after the fact that it has the USIM lock screen on it. Did I just waste my money or is there someway I can remove that (in Canada)? I read the thread about unlocking/rooting 007sh phones but it's quite the mess of information and I have no idea if it would even help me unlock the phone anyways. I'm not concerned with getting the phone on a network just yet (my current provider wouldn't support it anyways), I just want to be able to use the other functions of the phone.

If I need to buy a hypersim, what kind do I need (and where can I find it?)
    The 007SH can be software unlocked but you will need to ship it to an unlocker. I suppose you can contact Kyoex.com to ask for a price.
    Alternatively, there was one Chinese guy who did the whole thing (rooting + unlocking) remotely using TeamViewer. I've listed his contact details on my website: http://sharp.cheeseus.org/market/2. His Skype name is the same as his email, without the @... part.

Hypersims can be quite a hassle. And I have no idea who sells them now, if they still do.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    The 007SH can be software unlocked but you will need to ship it to an unlocker. I suppose you can contact Kyoex.com to ask for a price.
    Alternatively, there was one Chinese guy who did the whole thing (rooting + unlocking) remotely using TeamViewer.

Hypersims can be quite a hassle. And I have no idea who sells them now, if they still do.
    Wow. 80USD to run a program... I wonder what they are using. There is no way I could do it myself with root? I'm no stranger to tinkering with phones... If the phone is locked is it even possible to use USB debugging like that?

If I bought a deactivated Softbank SIM, would it allow me to at least get into the phone? What type do I need for this kind of phone?
    Last edited by tantantan; 01-30-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow. 80USD to run a program... I wonder what they are using. There is no way I could do it myself with root? I'm no stranger to tinkering with phones... If the phone is locked is it even possible to use USB debugging like that?

If I bought a deactivated Softbank SIM, would it allow me to at least get into the phone? What type do I need for this kind of phone?
    $80 was his asking price three or more years ago, when the service was in high demand. Try to get in touch with him and check if it's been discounted.

Any type of Softbank SIM, deactivated or not, should let you inside the phone.
    You could do it yourself, I suppose. You can get the rootkits from my website. The instructions and the rest of the files required for the actual SIM unlock should be somewhere in the thread.

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    $80 was his asking price three or more years ago, when the service was in high demand. Try to get in touch with him and check if it's been discounted.

Any type of Softbank SIM, deactivated or not, should let you inside the phone.
    You could do it yourself, I suppose. You can get the rootkits from my website. The instructions and the rest of the files required for the actual SIM unlock should be somewhere in the thread.
    Good to know. I sent them an email so we'll see, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by chia~ View Post
    Thanks to cheeseus and Weaknespase that I have unlocked my 007sh (0020 built version).
    Following are the steps that i did (for those who are noob and unlocking their 007sh for the First time, like me)

(1) download the folder of files from "mobile 1" website (look at Weaknespase post page 22)
    (2) i did a Full Backup using rootkit from cheeseus and 007sh add on.
    I did backup using this as, initially i was trying to unlock with this rootkit as it said for "all version" but cheeseus
    warn that built version should be at least 0038. So, this step will do a backup into phone micro SD card and
    inside the rootkit folder.
    (3) Use rootkit in mobile 1 to root and flash "0048" custom image onto recovery partition
    (the image option "0048" is inside the rootkit when selected option of "flash image onto recovery partition")
    (4) After it is done, select option to reboot from recovery partition. When phone reboot and "SOFTBANK" shows in
    the phone screen, press "home button" repeatedly (button is right below the '0' key on phone keypad). It should
    show recovery menu with a "android guy in the middle with a triangle behind him". Sometimes you can see the
    android guy but not Recoery Menu, press "home button" 1 more time and it should appear. This custom image
    does not boot up properly for my phone, it will loop at "Aquos" non stop. I flash it so to get into Recovery menu.
    (5) Inside recovery menu select "enable adb USB connection" then on my PC, i go to command prompt, type "cd
    C:\desktop\mobile1\007unlock" (for "C:\destop\mobile1\007unlock" is just for example, its the pathname
    to mobile1/007unlock folder)
    (6) type "adb.exe" this will get into Android Debug Bridge. ( to confirm that your device is connected, type "adb
    devices", should see your device, mine is a string of numbers, if im not wrong, its my phone IMEI number")
    (7) Then type "adb shell" , should see a $ sign, then type "su" , should see a # sign after that
    (8) use dump_image command given by Weaknespase on page 22. (this will copy the modem image to sd card)
    (9) type "exit" . Do this 2 times to exit adb shell.
    (10) type "adb pull /sdcard/modem.img" ( this will extract modem.img to your PC mobile1/007unlock folder)
    (11) Type "st3.exe .\modem.img ......" from Weaknespase post page 22
    (12) After that, should see a image file "modem-p" inside mobile1/007unlock folder
    (13) Type "adb push modem-p.img /sdcard/modem_p.img" (this will copy image to sd card and renaming it to
    modem_p)
    (14) Repeat step(7) to get into adb shell, type "flash_image ...." command by weaknespase ( this will flash modified
    image back to modem partition)
    (15) After flash is done, i did a "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" from phone recovery menu
    (16) Then "Restore image back to partition"
    (follow the menu carefully, when pressed this option, im not sure first is asking to select image to restore or
    select partition for restore. If its image first then go to "clockmodwork" -> "boot.img" . If asking for partition,
    then it is boot partition.) Can restore recovery partition back as well, do these exact same steps, just that
    image will be recovery.img and partition will be recovery partition. I did for both partitions.
    (17) select reboot from boot partition, let it boot up, it should be done. If everything ok, next is insert SIM card and
    set APN settings.
    This post above seems promising, and doesn't seem too difficult, but I'll have to wait until I actually have the phone in my hands to know for sure! ^^; How do I tell what version the phone is?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How do I tell what version the phone is?
    By checking the Build version in the menu (last item in Settings, can't remember what it's called).

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    By checking the Build version in the menu (last item in Settings, can't remember what it's called).
    Name:  t1rsz_screenshot_20170131-113224.png
Views: 257
Size:  103.4 KB

Can I access that if the phone is stuck on this screen? (Photo from the auction) Thank you for all your help, by the way.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Name:  t1rsz_screenshot_20170131-113224.png
Views: 257
Size:  103.4 KB

Can I access that if the phone is stuck on this screen? (Photo from the auction) Thank you for all your help, by the way.
    No, without an unlock, or a Softbank SIM (you said you have one), you can't go past this screen. You're welcome

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    No, without an unlock, or a Softbank SIM (you said you have one), you can't go past this screen. You're welcome
    I can buy one online, but I don't actually have one (yet). When I looked it was mostly the micro size type for iPhone and I'm not sure if that will work in this phone or not. So I would need one in to root the phone? Or can I just boot the phone into recovery menu (home button??) and do it from there?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can buy one online, but I don't actually have one (yet). When I looked it was mostly the micro size type for iPhone and I'm not sure if that will work in this phone or not. So I would need one in to root the phone? Or can I just boot the phone into recovery menu (home button??) and do it from there?
    The 007SH uses standard-size SIM cards, not the micro or nano.
    You need a SIM card in order to get past that screen so that you can enable USB debugging and proceed to rooting/unlocking after that. Any kind of SIM with a hypersim attached to it will also do the trick. Just check which one will be the cheaper option for you.

The phone doesn't have a recovery menu. It will only have a recovery menu after rooting (it's part of the rootkit features).

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    The 007SH uses standard-size SIM cards, not the micro or nano.
    You need a SIM card in order to get past that screen so that you can enable USB debugging and proceed to rooting/unlocking after that. Any kind of SIM with a hypersim attached to it will also do the trick. Just check which one will be the cheaper option for you.

The phone doesn't have a recovery menu. It will only have a recovery menu after rooting (it's part of the rootkit features).
    I see. I can't find any regular sized sims on Ebay, but I did find this.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-iSmartSim-N...759?nav=SEARCH

Would this do the trick?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Folder
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I see. I can't find any regular sized sims on Ebay, but I did find this.

Would this do the trick?
    According to an old thread on this very site (which I can't link to as this is my first post), no, that one won't work. You're gonna need a Mr. Sim or INEX.

Also, unlike what cheeseus mentioned earlier, not just *any* SoftBank USIM will work. It has to be a Mini-sized smartphone USIM. These are recognized by the aqua-colored strip that says "smartphone." There's a compatibility list on the official site. Just do a Google search for "softbank faq 71652" Any other SoftBank USIM will just give you a different error and still lock you out of the phone.

There's a seller on Yahoo Auctions Japan that's selling bootleg smartphone USIMs for just 400 yen. I'm guessing these are the blank USIMs you can easily get on AliExpress, but with SoftBank data written to them. Just look for the seller "simlockfree711"

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Axersia View Post
    According to an old thread on this very site (which I can't link to as this is my first post), no, that one won't work. You're gonna need a Mr. Sim or INEX.

Also, unlike what cheeseus mentioned earlier, not just *any* SoftBank USIM will work. It has to be a Mini-sized smartphone USIM. These are recognized by the aqua-colored strip that says "smartphone." There's a compatibility list on the official site. Just do a Google search for "softbank faq 71652" Any other SoftBank USIM will just give you a different error and still lock you out of the phone.

There's a seller on Yahoo Auctions Japan that's selling bootleg smartphone USIMs for just 400 yen. I'm guessing these are the blank USIMs you can easily get on AliExpress, but with SoftBank data written to them. Just look for the seller "simlockfree711"
    Will this one work? http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/f204210216

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Folder
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Will this one work?
    Yeah, that's the one. Of course, you can always PM the seller first if you wanna be absolutely sure.

By the way, how was your Buyee experience? I planning to use them soon as well, but they have terrible ratings on Trustpilot. Though I get the impression they're mainly people who bought something cheap and expected cheap shipping. If I'm spending over 10k yen on a phone, I don't really care that total shipping comes down to like 5k. That's still way cheaper than what these phones go for on eBay (ugh, profiteers...).

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Axersia View Post
    Yeah, that's the one. Of course, you can always PM the seller first if you wanna be absolutely sure.

By the way, how was your Buyee experience? I planning to use them soon as well, but they have terrible ratings on Trustpilot. Though I get the impression they're mainly people who bought something cheap and expected cheap shipping. If I'm spending over 10k yen on a phone, I don't really care that total shipping comes down to like 5k. That's still way cheaper than what these phones go for on eBay (ugh, profiteers...).
    This is my first time using it, so I can't exactly say, but what I saw about them seemed positive enough, beyond people complaining about fees. I think wherever you go in regards to middleman services, you're gonna have to pay for the convenience of having someone bid and ship for you. 1300JPY estimate on fees+shipping for a bloody SIM CARD kinda stings though, lol. I think I paid like 5000JPY for the 007sh when all was said and done, which could certainly be worse (see: ebay)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast