Thread: Bought a Softbank 007sh, but...

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axersia View Post
    Also, unlike what cheeseus mentioned earlier, not just *any* SoftBank USIM will work. It has to be a Mini-sized smartphone USIM. These are recognized by the aqua-colored strip that says "smartphone." There's a compatibility list on the official site. Just do a Google search for "softbank faq 71652" Any other SoftBank USIM will just give you a different error and still lock you out of the phone.
    As I said, any Softbank USIM will work for what tantantan needs to do -- go past the lock screen. The special smartphone USIM is only required if you want to actually be able to make calls and use data, which is not what he wants to do. I have the 005SH (exact same specs and firmware except for the camera) and I can go past that screen using a... Vodafone Japan USIM (that came with my 904SH). Softbank purchased Vodafone Japan in 2006 and kept the network IDs, which is all that's required to get past the lockscreen -- Any Softbank (or even Vodafone Japan) USIM. You're also wrong about the size. It is, as I said, a standard-size USIM card. Even the Softbank FAQ page you mention says this: the cards listed there are 1. Smartphone USIM card (005SH, 007SH), 2. Smartphone micro USIM card, and 3. Smartphone nano USIM card.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Folder
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    As I said, any Softbank USIM will work for what tantantan needs to do -- go past the lock screen. The special smartphone USIM is only required if you want to actually be able to make calls and use data, which is not what he wants to do. I have the 005SH (exact same specs and firmware except for the camera) and I can go past that screen using a... Vodafone Japan USIM (that came with my 904SH). Softbank purchased Vodafone Japan in 2006 and kept the network IDs, which is all that's required to get past the lockscreen -- Any Softbank (or even Vodafone Japan) USIM. You're also wrong about the size. It is, as I said, a standard-size USIM card. Even the FAQ you mention says this: the cards listed there are 1. Smartphone USIM card (005SH, 007SH), 2. Smartphone micro USIM card, and 3. Smartphone nano USIM card.
    Ah, my apologies then. I had to do some research on this myself in the past and was lead to this site, where someone mentioned it had to be the Mini (a.k.a. Standard) SIM-sized smartphone USIM with the aqua strip.

That FAQ does seem to distinguish between NFC and non-NFC USIMs, though. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by tantantan View Post
    This is my first time using it, so I can't exactly say, but what I saw about them seemed positive enough, beyond people complaining about fees. I think wherever you go in regards to middleman services, you're gonna have to pay for the convenience of having someone bid and ship for you. 1300JPY estimate on fees+shipping for a bloody SIM CARD kinda stings though, lol. I think I paid like 5000JPY for the 007sh when all was said and done, which could certainly be worse (see: ebay)
    Just won myself a brand new unlocked green Kyocera Gratina 4G for just 11k. Pretty stoked about it.

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    As I said, any Softbank USIM will work for what tantantan needs to do -- go past the lock screen. The special smartphone USIM is only required if you want to actually be able to make calls and use data, which is not what he wants to do. I have the 005SH (exact same specs and firmware except for the camera) and I can go past that screen using a... Vodafone Japan USIM (that came with my 904SH). Softbank purchased Vodafone Japan in 2006 and kept the network IDs, which is all that's required to get past the lockscreen -- Any Softbank (or even Vodafone Japan) USIM. You're also wrong about the size. It is, as I said, a standard-size USIM card. Even the Softbank FAQ page you mention says this: the cards listed there are 1. Smartphone USIM card (005SH, 007SH), 2. Smartphone micro USIM card, and 3. Smartphone nano USIM card.
    Uh-oh. Does this mean I bought the wrong kind of sim card? Or is that one still okay?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Uh-oh. Does this mean I bought the wrong kind of sim card? Or is that one still okay?
    It will do. As long as you use it as a standard-size USIM, meaning you insert the small USIM inside the frame. And you need to tape or glue them together because you really don't want it to fall apart inside the USIM tray.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Folder
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just checked the thread again and it seems to contradict what you said. They mentioned the silver-colored SoftBank USIM didn't unlock the phone for them. It's called "Get past 'empty USIM card insert USIM card' screen on 007SH?"

Also, this bootleg seller is charging an extra 300 yen for Disney SoftBank smartphone USIMs, so you'd think they contain unique identifiers that the phone looks for. Do Disney phones have more picky firmware?

It will do. As long as you use it as a standard-size USIM, meaning you insert the small USIM inside the frame. And you need to tape or glue them together because you really don't want it to fall apart inside the USIM tray.
    They should already be stuck together so you can snap off the size of your choice.

Here's in the Netherlands all SIMs come pre-punched with micro and nano sizes, and I've never had an issue of one falling apart and getting stuck in the SIM slot. I suppose it could happen, though.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just checked the thread again and it seems to contradict what you said. They mentioned the silver-colored SoftBank USIM didn't unlock the phone for them. It's called "Get past 'empty USIM card insert USIM card' screen on 007SH?"
    I certainly can't speak for every possible case out there. The principle is that as long the USIM card contains the Softbank IDs, it lets you inside the phone.

Also, this bootleg seller is charging an extra 300 yen for Disney SoftBank smartphone USIMs, so you'd think they contain unique identifiers that the phone looks for. Do Disney phones have more picky firmware?
    No, the firmware is the same. It's the software creating the UI that differs. The networks IDs should be the same. I have never heard anything to the contrary. Don't ask me why someone is selling a "Disney" USIM.

They should already be stuck together so you can snap off the size of your choice.

Here's in the Netherlands all SIMs come pre-punched with micro and nano sizes, and I've never had an issue of one falling apart and getting stuck in the SIM slot. I suppose it could happen, though.
    The photo showed the microSIM broken off the frame. If it's never been broken, the problem will not occur.

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Well, phone's here and working fine with the SoftBank SIM in. Proceeding with a full backup right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chia~ View Post
    Thanks to cheeseus and Weaknespase that I have unlocked my 007sh (0020 built version).
    (2) i did a Full Backup using rootkit from cheeseus (sharp.cheeseus.org/index.php?page=Applications&id=49)
    and 007sh add on (sharp.cheeseus.org/index.php?page=Applications&id=50).
    I did backup using this as, initially i was trying to unlock with this rootkit as it said for "all version" but cheeseus
    warn that built version should be at least 0038. So, this step will do a backup into phone micro SD card and
    inside the rootkit folder.
    (3) Use rootkit in mobile 1 to root and flash "0048" custom image onto recovery partition
    (the image option "0048" is inside the rootkit when selected option of "flash image onto recovery partition")
    (4) After it is done, select option to reboot from recovery partition. When phone reboot and "SOFTBANK" shows in
    the phone screen, press "home button" repeatedly (button is right below the '0' key on phone keypad). It should
    show recovery menu with a "android guy in the middle with a triangle behind him". Sometimes you can see the
    android guy but not Recoery Menu, press "home button" 1 more time and it should appear. This custom image
    does not boot up properly for my phone, it will loop at "Aquos" non stop. I flash it so to get into Recovery menu.
    If my build version is already 0048, do I still need to flash the recovery partition with 0048 as outlined here?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, phone's here and working fine with the SoftBank SIM in. Proceeding with a full backup right now.

If my build version is already 0048, do I still need to flash the recovery partition with 0048 as outlined here?
    Yes, you do.

Carrier(s)
    WIND, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you do.
    >(6) type "adb.exe" this will get into Android Debug Bridge. ( to confirm that your device is connected, type "adb
    devices", should see your device, mine is a string of numbers, if im not wrong, its my phone IMEI number")

I seem to have hit a snag at this step. My phone's in recovery menu with adb enabled but it isn't showing up under adb.exe. There's a listing under 'unknown devices' in Device Manager called SBM007SH when it's connected in recovery mode. Does this possibly mean I missed a step/messed something up when installing adb and Softbank USB drivers?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2