Thread: Google Fi in eastern Iowa while keeping current number?

Feedback Score

Google Fi in eastern Iowa while keeping current number?

I know a few people in eastern Iowa that use Google Fi and have great coverage. The problem is that when I try to sign up, it says that the service is not available in my area. The people that have Google Fi in eastern Iowa either had a number from a different area that was supported or lied and said they lived in a different area and got a new phone number. Would it be possible to move my number to Google Voice and then sign up for Google Fi?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If memory serves, you have to be in T-Mobile's native coverage area to sign up for Google Fi. T-Mobile actually houses the main cellular phone number in the porting process, then you get two other hidden numbers for Sprint and US Cellular.

I know you can port your mobile number to Google Voice, but not sure if that will help you sign up for Project Fi.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can always choose to get a new number for Project Fi, so you could be like others are lie about where you are and get a number for that area. If you do that, I'm guessing you'd want to do it on another Google account, or transfer your Google Voice to another Google account, since getting a new number replaces your Google Voice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprtfan View Post
    I know a few people in eastern Iowa that use Google Fi and have great coverage. The problem is that when I try to sign up, it says that the service is not available in my area. The people that have Google Fi in eastern Iowa either had a number from a different area that was supported or lied and said they lived in a different area and got a new phone number. Would it be possible to move my number to Google Voice and then sign up for Google Fi?
    They have good customer service. I'd ask them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using HoFo mobile app