Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: will AT&T have to respond to Verizon / T-mobile / Sprint's unlimited data plans?

Feedback Score

will AT&T have to respond to Verizon / T-mobile / Sprint's unlimited data plans?

The earth has shook today. Aside from Sprint's $50 unlimited data plan promo (good til 3/18), T-mobile's Unlimited ONE plan, now Verizon introduces a new Unlimited data plan for $80 for a single line, $45 for up to 4 lines with $10gb shared hotspot (3g after that). http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...vzw-com-teaser

AT&T lost post-paid customers in the last quarter, I'm curious how AT&T is going to respond to this new strike from Verizon.

I love me some AT&T (freedom to switch devices at will, able to buy cheap GSM devices, plus great coverage)... I wonder how AT&T will strike back. Come on Death Star, you can do it!!

Feedback Score
    AT&T will surely respond, and I am curious, too. Thank goodness Verizon is shaking things up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Doesn't really matter if they counter Verizon. I'm out by the end of my billing cycle. 2 more weeks

I've been an AT&T customer for almost two decades. My grandfathered plan is great, but I get none of the perks, such as hotspot, can/mex roaming, etc.

Verizon does, plus I get slightly better rural coverage in Northern New England.

AT&T is also letting me out of my contract for free due to the grandfathered plan increase
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus

Verizon LTE B4+B2

AT&T LTE B2+B17

Device(s)
    Product Red 128 GB iPhone 7 Qualcomm
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I'm guessing they're going to let go of the DTV stipulation and allow hotspot. Maybe something like 15 GB @ LTE, then a cap at 8 Mbps. Same deprioritization policies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using HoFo mobile app

Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC + Band 12 10 MHz TCC

iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC + Band 12 5 MHz TCC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy321 View Post
    Doesn't really matter if they counter Verizon. I'm out by the end of the week.

I've been an AT&T customer for almost two decades. My grandfathered plan is great, but I get none of the perks, such as hotspot, can/mex roaming, etc.

Verizon does, plus I get slightly better rural coverage in Northern New England.

AT&T is also letting me out of my contract for free due to the grandfathered plan increase
    That's hilarious 😂 good on you. I have 6 lines attached so it would be harder for me, but I'll see what goes on first.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't really matter if they counter Verizon. I'm out by the end of the week.

damn... some good reasons. Only thing is you may have to get new Verizon devices (although according to the other thread Verizon is doing free phone trade-ins, so if you trade in an iPhone 6 / 6s you get a free iPhone 7, etc...).

Do current AT&T plans allow for mobile hot spot, and mexico / Canada roaming? That's one thing Verizon has always done well...allow any phone to be used as hot spot on their plans.

I imagine AT&T having some emergency meetings to figure out how to respond to this...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    I'm guessing they're going to let go of the DTV stipulation and allow hotspot. Maybe something like 15 GB @ LTE, then a cap at 8 Mbps. Same deprioritization policies.

I hope for this. Otherwise my family is headed to big red.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post
    That's hilarious �� good on you. I have 6 lines attached so it would be harder for me, but I'll see what goes on first.
    Yeah, I think I'll give it some time. My billing cycle ends in two weeks.

Out of my family plan, I'm the only one left on AT&T. It's kind of annoying to be in rural NH with weak service, whereas the VZW users have no problems at all...

Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    damn... some good reasons. Only thing is you may have to get new Verizon devices (although according to the other thread Verizon is doing free phone trade-ins, so if you trade in an iPhone 6 / 6s you get a free iPhone 7, etc...).
    I actually have an unlocked Qualcomm iPhone 7+

Do current AT&T plans allow for mobile hot spot, and mexico / Canada roaming? That's one thing Verizon has always done well...allow any phone to be used as hot spot on their plans.
    My grandfathered plan doesn't have any of these features, but the DTV unlimited plan comes with mex/can roaming. No hotspot though.

I imagine AT&T having some emergency meetings to figure out how to respond to this...
    I bet Sprint and TMo are freaking out

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'd switch if I didn't have an Intel iPhone 7

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 7

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I'll give it till the end of the week to see how it works out for people

If att doesnt tweak the plans at least similar to Verizon 5gb plan and/or drop the dtv requirement for unlimited, I'll switch by the end of the week. That will be price points that lure me one way or another
    Sent from my windows phone

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Like I said in the Verizon forum, AT&T ARPU is steady. They haven't matched anything in a year with retention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ (Qualcomm) Georgetown, TX ........................... Spectrum 300/20, $84.99/month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicothetechguy View Post
    I'd switch if I didn't have an Intel iPhone 7

I was reading on reddit that Verizon will be doing trade-in offers. You should be able to swap it for free or pay a little more for a Plus variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nucleartx View Post
    Like I said in the Verizon forum, AT&T ARPU is steady. They haven't matched anything in a year with retention.

I wonder what will happen to VZW's data speeds.

I'm sure AT&T/Sprint/TMo will all experience faster data speeds if everyone starts going to Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleartx View Post

That is a bad move on AT&T's part if they wait it out

I'm on their unlimited plan & this deal by VZW is itching me to switch. Verizon just shook the industry up with this one

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post

I'm hoping for a hotspot myself. I have to have satellite so that part does not bother me but being able to have hotspot would be great!
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was reading on reddit that Verizon will be doing trade-in offers. You should be able to swap it for free or pay a little more for a Plus variant.

I wonder what will happen to VZW's data speeds.

I'm sure AT&T/Sprint/TMo will all experience faster data speeds if everyone starts going to Verizon.
    I'll look into. I'm hoping they offer that or AT&T matches it so I can keep my phone

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast