Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Freedompop FUBAR

Feedback Score

Freedompop FUBAR

I knew it was to good to be true, but still ported a number to them.
    First it was painful to downgrade from the promotional plan - they sand me two SIM's when I wanted just one and one of the inactive ones just charged me another $7.99 after I was thinking I had canceled the $19.99 plan.
    Now, my SIM's are both downgraded to the free plan (there was no other option to downgrade), but I cannot "upgrade" back to the $12.99 plan because their billing has issues, not accepting any of my CC or the PayPal that they just used to charge me before.
    I can't submit a ticket either online or by phone because the system keeps circling back to the login screen (online) or to the main phone menu (by phone). By phone can't talk to a person because I need to call during the normal business hours... which are NOW!

On their forum I see other people with the same problems and it seems that nobody is there to answer them. I posted my issue there too, someone asked for "more info" in a PM Monday morning (I have provided that) and then... nothing happen.

I hate myself for falling for this scam.

Device(s)
    Moto G3 (Goodbye W376!)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Freedompop, Tello
    Feedback Score
    It's not a scam, but it does require the customer to carefully read all the fine print and downgrade both plan AND services before the trial period ends. Go into My Account ==》Services and make sure it says, "You have not signed up for any services." If not, you need to cancel whatever services you are signed up for, which can be done online. Then you can call and request a refund of the $7.99 which you were not expecting to be charged.

Sent from my SM-T217S using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I got that now, however it is structured like a scam (send me two activated SIM's that are active when they ship and that require separated places to click some VERY small links).
    And I would maybe eat that (not the first or last $7.99 that I lose) if the billing/support systems would actually work!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    First it was painful to downgrade from the promotional plan - they sand me two SIM's when I wanted just one and one of the inactive ones just charged me another $7.99 after I was thinking I had canceled the $19.99 plan.
    Now, my SIM's are both downgraded to the free plan (there was no other option to downgrade), but I cannot "upgrade" back to the $12.99 plan because their billing has issues, not accepting any of my CC or the PayPal that they just used to charge me before.
    I can't submit a ticket either online or by phone because the system keeps circling back to the login screen (online) or to the main phone menu (by phone). By phone can't talk to a person because I need to call during the normal business hours... which are NOW!

On their forum I see other people with the same problems and it seems that nobody is there to answer them. I posted my issue there too, someone asked for "more info" in a PM Monday morning (I have provided that) and then... nothing happen.

Any active trials you're signing up for should show up during check-out. You can downgrade through the account any time and going to the Account Overview will show you if you have any paid plans/services. Contact FreedomPop Support on Twitter. They will respond within one business day and issue you a refund for any accidental purchases.
    I got that now, however it is structured like a scam (send me two activated SIM's that are active when they ship and that require separated places to click some VERY small links).
    And I would maybe eat that (not the first or last $7.99 that I lose) if the billing/support systems would actually work!
    Plans/Services will both be displayed under the Account Overview. You probably purchased an additional device mistakenly as they often offer additional devices following check-out.

Feedback Score
    No need. They will refund the $7.99 on request. Follow the suggestions of aenews as he is a FreedomPop pro.

But support is SLOW. It can take days to sort out anything.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    No need. They will refund the $7.99 on request. Follow the suggestions of aenews as he is a FreedomPop pro.

As the old saying goes.."you get what you pay for"

But really freedompop is great for what it is ... free
    AT&T Unlimited Plus with Netgear DC112A
    $20 Mobley stand-alone hotspot for home internet

Unlimited ZTE Mobely Hotspot

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post

Depends on the channel. Twitter/Facebook has consistently responded within one business day for months. Those support channels are also run by the experienced moderators and representatives, so you'll be guaranteed to get competent support. I highly recommend anyone looking for support to head there immediately.

The Support Tab available on the FreedomPop Account may respond within a day, but they may also take several days or up to a week at times to issue a response. The representatives also will vary greatly in terms of experience which means the best possible support will not always be offered.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aenews View Post
    Plans/Services will both be displayed under the Account Overview. You probably purchased an additional device mistakenly as they often offer additional devices following check-out.
    The cards came activated like that.

Quote Originally Posted by aenews View Post
    Depends on the channel. Twitter/Facebook has consistently responded within one business day for months. Those support channels are also run by the experienced moderators and representatives, so you'll be guaranteed to get competent support. I highly recommend anyone looking for support to head there immediately.
    The Support Tab available on the FreedomPop Account may respond within a day, but they may also take several days or up to a week at times to issue a response. The representatives also will vary greatly in terms of experience which means the best possible support will not always be offered.
    I don't use FB or Twitter and I think they shouldn't be used for business contact/operations.
    The freedompop website "support" is not functional as of now - it keeps asking the password even if it is the correct one, and other users complain about that on their forum. And their phone support also goes in circles to the main menu. Like I said, no person is avail now because I "need to call at the normal business hours". Which I am calling right now!

This is the first business that has problems getting my money!!! Right now I want to pay for a plan and I can't! I want to submit a ticket about that and I can't! The billing account is the same that they somehow managed to auto-charge the $7.99 (for a service that I didn't realize I had to cancel) and the $3.99 for the other SIM (service that I wanted)!

Name:  BILLING_ERROR.png
Views: 448
Size:  10.9 KBName:  fubar.JPG
Views: 475
Size:  28.5 KB

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

I don't use FB or Twitter and I think they shouldn't be used for business contact/operations.
    The freedompop website "support" is not functional as of now - it keeps asking the password even if it is the correct one, and other users complain about that on their forum. And their phone support also goes in circles to the main menu. Like I said, no person is avail now because I "need to call at the normal business hours". Which I am calling right now!

This is the first business that has problems getting my money!!! Right now I want to pay for a plan and I can't! I want to submit a ticket about that and I can't! The billing account is the same that they somehow managed to auto-charge the $7.99 (for a service that I didn't realize I had to cancel) and the $3.99 for the other SIM (service that I wanted)!
    I submitted a FP ticket to ask a question just moments ago. Their support ticket system is working fine for me. Have you tried a different web browser?

Feedback Score
    Mister solved. The plan that I wanted (unlimited text and 500MB data) and it is presented in their system... is no more. Even if it is available for clicking on it!
    Like bait and switch

As for the Support Ticket - tried again with Chrome and IE. It just circles a little bit and then is back to the user/password. If I put a wrong password, it tells me that is wrong!

Feedback Score

Name:  BILLING_ERROR.png
Views: 448
Size:  10.9 KBName:  fubar.JPG
Views: 475
Size:  28.5 KB
    I'd just make an account and contact them through those channels. That's the best way to get support.

You can also call their technical support line at 1 (888) 743-8107. The glitch you mentioned randomly happens and causes the support to not work properly through the account.

If it's rejecting your billing method, then it was unable to charge your card. They definitely want your money. It would be because the card has a limited balance or that your credit card issuer is rejecting the payments.

Feedback Score
    No, that plan, that I was clicking on, is no longer available (but still click-able). That's why the billing was failing.Name:  plan.JPG
Views: 444
Size:  50.3 KB
    That phone is for my teen child, 500 SMS are nothing, needed that unlimited option. Now she will have to use hangouts and let know all the friends the new number. If I knew before I would NOT port her number to FP, but to Google.

LE: To be fair, they just refunded now the $7.99 charge.

Feedback Score
    No, that plan, that I was clicking on, is no longer available (but still click-able). That's why the billing was failing.Name:  plan.JPG
    That phone is for my teen child, 500 SMS are nothing, needed that unlimited option. Now she will have to use hangouts and let know all the friends the new number. If I knew before I would NOT port her number to FP, but to Google.

If you acted promptly at all times, then ask them to refund the port-in charge in too then unless they can honor their offer. I would. Maybe they will find a way to honor the offer then.

I cannot guarantee anything on this score but no harm trying.

Feedback Score

Yep I always recommend using Hangouts with a Google Voice Number.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Never port a number you need to keep. I read they blacklisted someone phone for not paying the upgrade charges even though he cancelled.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast