Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: February 16th Disconnects Extended to March 16th and Told to Move to New UDP

Feedback Score

February 16th Disconnects Extended to March 16th and Told to Move to New UDP

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...fathered_plan/

OP says they are off contract but don't use anywhere close to 200GB per month:

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com..._plan/ddr0qmj/

I wonder how much longer before we all get this email?

Important service notification regarding your account

Back in early January, we let you know that we wouldn't continue offering your current unlimited data plan after February 16. But now, we've got some great news. On February 13, Verizon introduced Verizon Unlimited, our new unlimited data plans with a single line plan starting at $80 per month, as well as plans with multiple lines that you can switch to today. We have also extended the deadline for you to switch to a new plan by 30 days to March 16, 2017.

We hope you'll consider switching to this new plan.

To learn more about all of your options with the new Verizon Plan, visit vzw.com/Plan. If you need help choosing the best plan for your needs, simply call 1.800.922.0204 to speak with an expert. Remember, you need to switch to a new plan by March 16 or your service will be disconnected.

We are committed to making this a smooth transition for you. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to bring you the best in wireless for years to come.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    We have also extended the deadline for you to switch to a new plan by 30 days to March 16, 2017.
    No dumbasses, February only has 28 days.

Feedback Score
    Hahaha tru

Feedback Score
    There you go, nitpicking again.

Feedback Score
    awww.

Anyhow i'm thinking this is a good thing.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    awww.

Anyhow i'm thinking this is a good thing.
    It's not a good thing for those who use the old UDP as a home Internet source.

Feedback Score
    Why not? They get an extra 28 days to use the crap out of their unlimited plan before its disconnected and find and alternative.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    There you go, nitpicking again.
    hahahaha, yep!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    Why not? They get an extra 28 days to use the crap out of their unlimited plan before its disconnected and find and alternative.
    I would get back on contract if possible (I still see it as an option on my account), then change the phone number. If you get disconnected, call in play dumb and act like you have no idea why you got disconnected and ask them to reconnect your line. Worked for others last time.

Feedback Score
    But now, we've got some great news. On February 13, Verizon introduced Verizon Unlimited, our new unlimited data plans with a single line plan starting at $80 per month, as well as plans with multiple lines that you can switch to today. We have also extended the deadline for you to switch to a new plan by 30 days to March 16, 2017.
    This is certainly very considerate of Verizon. They are giving the heavy data users another option to change their service to aside from the tiered data plan. I'm sure this is a big relief for those who were two days away from complete shut down.

Device(s)
    Samsung Rant (M540)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I've heard some are using the iconic portal to get back under contract.

Sent from my VK410 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 6 Shamu
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile One Plus
    Feedback Score
    Is there anyway to know if you were going to be dropped? I changed my addresses to Nevada at least 5 years ago since taxes were so low there. I changed billing to my real address a couple of weeks ago in case they were going to snail mail me a letter after I got wind of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I would get back on contract if possible (I still see it as an option on my account), then change the phone number. If you get disconnected, call in play dumb and act like you have no idea why you got disconnected and ask them to reconnect your line. Worked for others last time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Is there anyway to know if you were going to be dropped? I changed my addresses to Nevada at least 5 years ago since taxes were so low there. I changed billing to my real address a couple of weeks ago in case they were going to snail mail me a letter after I got wind of it.
    When your next billing cycle starts, log on and go to MyBilling, Documents and Receipts, View Next Bill. People saw a $0 by their lines when they were set to be disconnected.

Feedback Score
    I was able to use the iconic portal and get my last UDP back on contract last week. This line was at the 49.99 price level. My new contact end date is feb 2019

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast