Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: txt message?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Mount Washington
    Posts
    716
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Pre Paid
    Feedback Score
    0

    txt message?

    Is it common with Cricket Wireless to get a text that says STATUS from 111-3001 I have gotten this message twice.

    Sent from my LG-K120 using HoFo mobile app

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    266
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I get it on a regular basis also

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,948
    Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    0
    Only texts I get are from cricket telling me I have an autopay coming up or when there are plan changes. I actually use Google Voice for my phone number and SMS, so the only people with my actual carrier phone number are cricket. I wonder if it is something you guys somehow got signed up for without realizing, I don't think it's a cricket thing.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Mount Washington
    Posts
    716
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Pre Paid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    Only texts I get are from cricket telling me I have an autopay coming up or when there are plan changes. I actually use Google Voice for my phone number and SMS, so the only people with my actual carrier phone number are cricket. I wonder if it is something you guys somehow got signed up for without realizing, I don't think it's a cricket thing.
    I did not get these text messages until I ported over to Cricket Wireless.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,948
    Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    I did not get these text messages until I ported over to Cricket Wireless.
    I also ported in. 5 numbers on my plan, 2 from Sprint, 2 from Ring +, 1 from Verizon. None of us have gotten that text. Maybe something you were signed up for previously had an app that would ping itself? Some apps use sms triggers for verification purposes (Whatsapp, wallet/pay apps, some voicemail systems, etc) and are supposed to intercept the message so it never really shows up in your inbox. But if you switch carriers, perhaps now it is going through unchecked and unresponded, so you are seeing it instead of it going to whatever app requested it?

    EDIT: Did a Google search on the number. Turns out it has to do with Cricket's new Visual Voice Mail system. I guess we never got it because we don't use Cricket's VM services. Looks like it has to do with verifying during setup. Perhaps there's a glitch and its not verifying properly? Are you guys using Cricket visual VM? And did you get stuck during the setup process?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Mount Washington
    Posts
    716
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Pre Paid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    I also ported in. 5 numbers on my plan, 2 from Sprint, 2 from Ring +, 1 from Verizon. None of us have gotten that text. Maybe something you were signed up for previously had an app that would ping itself? Some apps use sms triggers for verification purposes (Whatsapp, wallet/pay apps, some voicemail systems, etc) and are supposed to intercept the message so it never really shows up in your inbox. But if you switch carriers, perhaps now it is going through unchecked and unresponded, so you are seeing it instead of it going to whatever app requested it?

    EDIT: Did a Google search on the number. Turns out it has to do with Cricket's new Visual Voice Mail system. I guess we never got it because we don't use Cricket's VM services. Looks like it has to do with verifying during setup. Perhaps there's a glitch and its not verifying properly? Are you guys using Cricket visual VM? And did you get stuck during the setup process?
    I use Cricket Wireless Visual Voicemail. I saw this text when I got my phone set up. I had to do a factory reset on my android phone since the buttons on the bottom of my screen got rearranged and I could not undue the change. Then I got the STATUS Text Message again. So that would explain why I got that text message twice if it was from the setup process of visual voicemail.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    682
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's the "Cricket Emergency Response System". Every time a Cricket store is robbed, that message is sent out.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,536
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    That's the "Cricket Emergency Response System". Every time a Cricket store is robbed, that message is sent out.
    Haha good one. It's like the Bat Signal, hoping that IDAVENPORT can continue to log the case as he writes his thesis on how Cricket only sells to gangbangers.

    But we jest. Seriously, IDAVENPORT, this text message is indicative that something is not pairing correctly with your phone and the Cricket backhaul telemetry. A 3001 status flag is not what you want to be seeing. I've heard of situations where it even leads to rejection of the handset by Cricket's anti-spoofing systems. They are trying to crack down on unauthorized access and you could be swept up in that. If you are a real customer and paying your bills then you want to check into that because right now they might think otherwise.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Mount Washington
    Posts
    716
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Pre Paid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    That's the "Cricket Emergency Response System". Every time a Cricket store is robbed, that message is sent out.
    lol

    Sent from my LG-K120 using HoFo mobile app

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    682
    Feedback Score
    0
    Levity is good!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,691
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    That's the "Cricket Emergency Response System". Every time a Cricket store is robbed, that message is sent out.
    That had me cracking up. If Hofo had a "Post of the day" award you would definitely have won it today!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    682
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    That had me cracking up. If Hofo had a "Post of the day" award you would definitely have won it today!
    Thank you!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,746
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Haha good one. It's like the Bat Signal, hoping that IDAVENPORT can continue to log the case as he writes his thesis on how Cricket only sells to gangbangers.

    But we jest. Seriously, IDAVENPORT, this text message is indicative that something is not pairing correctly with your phone and the Cricket backhaul telemetry. A 3001 status flag is not what you want to be seeing. I've heard of situations where it even leads to rejection of the handset by Cricket's anti-spoofing systems. They are trying to crack down on unauthorized access and you could be swept up in that. If you are a real customer and paying your bills then you want to check into that because right now they might think otherwise.
    Batman relies on Sprint for the Batsignal. Because Sprint only works in a small area, the Joker has already taken over most of the country.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,746
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    That had me cracking up. If Hofo had a "Post of the day" award you would definitely have won it today!

    Seriously, it's a bad idea go to storefronts for any of this.... the bad customer service and overcharging is always unpleasant.

Similar Threads

  1. ATT GSM 2-way txt messaging
    By sushiman in forum AT&T
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2002, 01:26 AM
  2. 8390 txt messaging
    By cellmam in forum Fido
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2002, 12:34 PM
  3. Txt Messages and Tm520.
    By dj4mula in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-12-2002, 11:17 AM
  4. Txt message not received...
    By Gioele in forum Fido
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2002, 05:49 PM
  5. txt messaging service #s?
    By aznsporter in forum AT&T
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2002, 03:40 PM

Bookmarks