Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Check out this AT&T Home Phone and Rural Internet offer

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Its a brand new plan not all att reps may know about. Follow the first post in this thread for more info

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    I checked here and they said that plans isn't in existence. Lol Wtf that sucks. They said it's 25/50 GB for 60/100
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmrick View Post
    Its a brand new plan not all att reps may know about. Follow the first post in this thread for more info
    Came here to say this. Since it's new, it might take some digging to find it, just like the standalone unlimited data Mobley plan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128GB, iPad Pro 12.9"
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 20GB RNA, w/ $20 unlimited connected Car / ZTE Mobley
    Feedback Score
    5 volts and does also have a backup battery but don't know how long battery lasts
    Thank you!! I'm sure I can make something to hook into the car to power that when out and about, camping, traveling, etc.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Name:  meter.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  102.0 KB

my att data meter

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I checked here and they said that plans isn't in existence. Lol Wtf that sucks. They said it's 25/50 GB for 60/100
    I just tried to add this as well, and it only gives me the 25GB or 50GB plan option. I'm guessing this is dependent on location? edit: nevermind I read the small text. You have to call the special numbers.
    Last edited by Cedius; 02-16-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    ATT 500GB WHPI /AT&T Unlimited Plus Multi Line:2015-Present
    Verizon: 2008-2016 (UDP)
    Sprint: 2008-2014
    Alltel:2005-2008
    Cingular:2006

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Where is the best place to buy the device and what's the most current one being used ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    At&T
    Feedback Score
    I tried calling the number in Maryland but went to voicemail. I'll try again after 10est

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyds45 View Post
    To be honest I don't care for this, if many people sign up for it, it'll just congest the network for mobile users, which is what the network is for, not for everyone in the neighborhood to stream Netflix all day and night in their RV or home... This is where AT&T over extends themselves. Hopefully many don't see those plans. It is a limited deal it looks like, and you have to get it in certain areas (oh crap, Missouri is one of them) and have to talk to the right person. Right now it's 50gb for $100 online, which will keep people off of it and using the wired networks meant for home Internet. And will mean only the rare person would be using this, keeping the load down. Speeds should at least be throttled on these accounts to around 10 mbps

Ma Bell, SM-N920A, On the road
    There are people in many areas like myself that are in areas not served by any high speed internet except satellite. This is the type of service we are looking for. I currently use a Mobley connected to a power supply and then bridged to my home router. In the area we live there is no congestion because it is remote. I think the same would remain to be true even if everyone within a 5 mile radius of me were to begin using this type service.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So you have to go through some pretty strong loops in order to get this plan if you're out of the markets served since it's a "regional promotion."

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    At&T
    Feedback Score
    I think if I can't get the 500gb deal I'll go the mobley route. It's better and cheaper then the 25/50 plans

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    At&T
    Feedback Score
    I just called the 1800-331-0500, number and talked to a representative. At first she didn't know what I was talking about and was going to push me over to Uverse. I then asked here to pull up MyCSP and search 250gbwhpi, like it says on the webpage. She did that and it took a while but, now my order is in progress status. I hope it goes thru without a problem, but it sound from what she said everything was good to go. I hope this helps for anyone trying to add it. This is way better then paying $150 for only 30gb of satellite internet. Thanks to OP @TheRealDannny for showing this information. Good luck to those who are going to try. If the first rep you get doesn't help, call back and try another rep. Also I live in WV which isn't on the adds area for this, so that's why I'm hoping the order status goes through.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My successful order story:

Ok, I just successfully ordered this, and I am OUT of the market area. I called 888-333-6651, got a rep close (North East Texas) and we chatted. She had no idea that this plan even existed, I asked about the plan and the home internet/ phone, and she proceeded to tell me about the 25-50GB plan. I said there was a new plan, that she probably didn't know about yet and it was 250-500GB plans. She said No way! I said "can you pull up MyCSP and search 250gbwhpi" and she said wow I see it, that's crazy! She said it was select markets, read the markets (which I am not in) and then proceeded to process my order. She was reading the fine print, and I'm pretty sure it said "do not sell to those outside the market, only available to these select markets." She read the description from Mycsp. And said "well you're good to go!" and my order is processing. I think some may get a rep that actually understands and reads that it says SELECT MARKETS may not sell it to you, but I could be wrong. Just my opinion. Now I have the 500GB plan, should be here soon. That's my order story.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    At&T
    Feedback Score
    Cedius what's your order status say. Mine still says "In Progress"

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Awesome how do I get this
    Contact att or go to corp store
    I'm guess you have to live in a certain area. I'm in West Virgina probably **** out of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    I just tried to add this as well, and it only gives me the 25GB or 50GB plan option. I'm guessing this is dependent on location? edit: nevermind I read the small text. You have to call the special numbers.
    This is what happens when people don't read the whole article. Clearly everyone's skipping over the part that I actually scrolled down for:

Quote Originally Posted by RV Mobile Internet News Center
    The special rural plan Robert discovered takes the AT&T Wireless Home concept to the next level - delivering a literal order of magnitude improvement in data limits.

These plans are not to be found anywhere on AT&T's web pages, and this initially had us thinking this new promotion may have been a typo with an extra zero?

But a back office AT&T employee named David Hunnings preparing for a future full-time RV life himself happened to be on the Facebook thread, and he became intrigued and spent considerable time with the AT&T operations team and was eventually able to confirm that the the plan was real indeed:

"It's only available in certain areas...

States where this can be found are Missouri, Kansas, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Western PA, and Upstate New York.

These rate plans are intended for specific customers and rural areas with sufficient network capacity. Customers attempting to use these plans in non-targeted areas with network congestion will experience slow data speeds and will likely find the experience unacceptable."

But... Though the plan was only being offered in certain areas - we were quickly able to confirm that it would actually work anywhere on AT&T's domestic network.

These rural plans are subject to 'network management' when on congested towers outside of these specially served markets, but this only means speeds could be slowed during those times.

On a non-congested tower, customers will receive full speed no matter where they go.

David dug deeper, and explained:

"Technically this plan is designed for people in certain rural areas who have limited connectivity to high-speed internet for their landlines. Once you leave those areas you MAY be slowed down considerably ONLY IF THERE IS HIGH NETWORK CONGESTION in that area. What that means is that if the tower you are connected to is very busy your connection takes a back seat priority.

I should state that AT&T towers generally aren't congested. In some instances (like midnight on New Years Eve) it's almost guaranteed, but for the most part the towers aren't even at half capacity.

What this means is that you SHOULDN'T be slowed down."
    What I find most amazing with this plan is that, although it has Overage Fees (a policy that AT&T really needs to do away with) they are THE LOWEST OVERAGE FEES IN THE BUSINESS at only $10 for an extra 10 GB. That works out to only $1 a GB!

FYI, I have the AT&T BLAST Plan that is offered exclusively by Authorized Reseller 4G Antenna Shop/4GHS.Com, and offered ONLY to their EXISTING CUSTOMERS that have already had a DIFFERENT plan with them first. I use the AT&T UDP SIM in the MoFi 4500 SIM4 Version 2 that 4GAS sells to go along with it. In my neighborhood, with the MoFi 4500 locked to Band 12/17, my average speeds are fully twice as fast, at least, as the speeds I see on my Legacy Verizon Wireless Unlimited Data Plan in my T1114 LTE Router. And I pay about $108 a month for what is essentially the same plan limitations as the Direct TV UDP, only WITHOUT the Device Restrictions.

And ultimately, it is those Device Restrictions that are going to prevent me from jumping on this deal. If AT&T would let me have this deal and continue to use my MoFi 4500, I'd be all over it. But being limited to their supplied router doesn't appeal to me at all, as I'm fairly certain it won't allow me to use the window-mount signal boosting LTE antenna I have connected to my MoFi. It's that antenna that's allowing me to pull in and lock in a nice, strong signal on Band 12/17, so I'm not willing to give up that capability, especially because without using the Lock To Band feature of my router, the AT&T Network would shove me over onto Band 2, with only 1/3 the speed (I'd average 10 mbps down on Band 2, but I average 30 mbps down on Band 12/17.)

The final thing I'll share is this: Even though I live in a highly-populated suburb where all the VZW cell sites in town are always very highly congested, and I'm making an educated guess that the same is true for the AT&T sites, therefore meaning that I SHOULD be deprioritized after going over 22 GB, I only ever notice absolutely normal LTE speed fluctuations, nothing more. Any slow downs I see are momentary, and then I'm right back up to full speed. It's a beautiful thing! So if, unlike me, you're okay with using the supplied router, and you can get on this plan, I can absolutely recommend it!
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast