Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1154

Thread: Check out this AT&T Home Phone and Rural Internet offer

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson T610
    Carrier(s)
    MSN
    Feedback Score
    We have an AT&T landline that is $45 a month. I already have an AT&T wireless number that I got when I got the home base. Is it possible port the landline number to replace the wireless number so I can get rid of the landline bill? (Plug home phone into the home base but keep landline number.) I chatted with ATT and they said no but I'm thinking he didn't understand or was wrong possibly.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson T610
    Carrier(s)
    MSN
    Feedback Score
    Dear God, sorry about that, internet was being funky.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattzane227 View Post
    We have an AT&T landline that is $45 a month. I already have an AT&T wireless number that I got when I got the home base. Is it possible port the landline number to replace the wireless number so I can get rid of the landline bill? (Plug home phone into the home base but keep landline number.) I chatted with ATT and they said no but I'm thinking he didn't understand or was wrong possibly.
    I ported my landline number over to the home base with no problems and no charge. It was a Frontier number which shouldn't make a difference. Try calling the Port Activation Center directly at 888-898-7685.

Feedback Score
    Anyone else having video throttled? I was confirmed by tech that my Home Base was set at medium for stream saver and he tried to turn it off. So far no changes after 10hrs. My connected car mobley has no throttling - also confirmed by the tech. Stream saver is unavailable and turned off on both devices according to web and the first CSR I spoke to.

Feedback Score
    forgot I asked it here, but since we're all using this as home internet it seems AT&T is forcing some of us on stream saver. You need call tech support and talk to an advanced tech and have them change the Stream saver entry in the Data Tracking feature to dsoff. This will get you back to 1080p on video streaming

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    forgot I asked it here, but since we're all using this as home internet it seems AT&T is forcing some of us on stream saver. You need call tech support and talk to an advanced tech and have them change the Stream saver entry in the Data Tracking feature to dsoff. This will get you back to 1080p on video streaming
    Thank you! I noticed Netflix and YouTube were buffering a lot more than usual lately and had a suspicion that some throttling was occurring. Confirmed with 4.5mbps speed on fast.com compared to 15+ on speedtest. I'll give the advanced techs a call tonight to get streamsaver off. So dumb that it can't be disabled client-side at the moment

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson T610
    Carrier(s)
    MSN
    Feedback Score
    I just switched to the unlimited on my home base and I went on the website and turned stream saver off but I'm getting throttled still. 4.5 on fast.com but 10 on speedtest. Youtube looks crappy on the big screen. I guess I'll have to try to chat also.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattzane227 View Post
    I just switched to the unlimited on my home base and I went on the website and turned stream saver off but I'm getting throttled still. 4.5 on fast.com but 10 on speedtest. Youtube looks crappy on the big screen. I guess I'll have to try to chat also.
    Yea, there's a bigger discussion on the Stand Alone Mobley thread and Mobley stream saver thread with quotes on chats and stuff.

Feedback Score
    I have a sprint hotspot and my ip address goes through like I am in Nashville Tennessee but yet I am in southeastern Kentucky. My question is does the ip address for this at&t fixed wireless unit act as a local ip or an ip somewhere else like my sprint modem does ? Thanks

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Cowden View Post
    I have a sprint hotspot and my ip address goes through like I am in Nashville Tennessee but yet I am in southeastern Kentucky. My question is does the ip address for this at&t fixed wireless unit act as a local ip or an ip somewhere else like my sprint modem does ? Thanks

Somewhere else. I am in central ny but ip shows nyc about 300 miles away

Feedback Score
    darn figures. I was wanting to use it to be able to stream ps vue or hulu live and watch my local news over the air broadcast channels

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Cowden View Post
    darn figures. I was wanting to use it to be able to stream ps vue or hulu live and watch my local news over the air broadcast channels

You could get a cheap leaf type antenna. Depending on where you put it and your location you could grab stations 50+ miles. I got a cheap 1byone powered version and get stations almost 70miles away. Grab a hd homerun connect and you can stream 2 simultaneous shows to just about any device.

Feedback Score
    Antennas wont work where i live.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    With summer here now and full leave coverage I have degraded alot.

My signal even with an external outside antenna has dropped to -116 dBm. If i remember correctly I was at about -104 dBm

My download right around 6-12

My upload is real bad..... most time under 1.

The good news still way better than any other options I have. Surfing, wifi calling and streaming works just fine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmrick View Post
    With summer here now and full leave coverage I have degraded alot.

My signal even with an external outside antenna has dropped to -116 dBm. If i remember correctly I was at about -104 dBm

My download right around 6-12

My upload is real bad..... most time under 1.

The good news still way better than any other options I have. Surfing, wifi calling and streaming works just fine
    I'm still having a problem with the damn unit wanting to connect to the congested weaker tower. I figured how to fix the problem... put a mesh wire colander over it to block the weaker signal and wait for it to pick up the stronger signal. The modem can get enough stregnth to connect to the weaker tower even with the z700a's internal antenna disconnected (modded mine for external only). Putting a little interference on and it can only connected to my preferred tower.

Download on the rural tower is about 10-12Mb/s, but it's constant since it's not a heavily used antenna. The other tower has a higher top speed, but that's only in the middle of night. I can it almost 20Mb/s at prime time. Uploads are always at 15Mb/s on that tower. The rural tower has only a 1Mb/s upload. But since I don't upload much it's no problem. If I do need to upload I'll just take off the colander.

I prefer a steady 10Mb/s over one that's all over the place and swings from 50Kb/s to 20Mb/s

Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast