Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Results 1,216 to 1,224 of 1224

Thread: Check out this AT&T Home Phone and Rural Internet offer

  1. #1216
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anybody had the opportunity to play with the new homebase device (AT&T Wireless Internet (MF279)) and figure out the antenna ports? Why are there two of them? Do you need to use both? If not use which one? I noticed in the specs, it showed that VOLTE was enabled whereas in the old homebase it was disabled. What difference does this make?

  2. #1217
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's call home base.

  3. #1218
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,751
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmccorm View Post
    Has anybody had the opportunity to play with the new homebase device (AT&T Wireless Internet (MF279)) and figure out the antenna ports? Why are there two of them? Do you need to use both? If not use which one? I noticed in the specs, it showed that VOLTE was enabled whereas in the old homebase it was disabled. What difference does this make?
    VoLTE is enabled in the latest firmware on the Z700a. At least, enhanced calling is, which indicates VoLTE is present. Now, I don't know if the network is using it or not, it may fall back to UMTS in-call. I actually haven't ever checked, I don't really use them. One person on my team swears by them, wouldn't even take a Unite Explore when I offered them one.

    The reason the MF279 has two antennas is for MIMO on LTE, a prerequisite for a lot of things like Carrier Aggregation. I'm not saying you have to use both... but I wouldn't just use one.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

  4. #1219
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    647
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wonder if you do use two antennas do you want them close to each other or split apart.

  5. #1220
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,751
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Wonder if you do use two antennas do you want them close to each other or split apart.
    The best antenna would be a MIMO antenna with two antenna ports built-in. If you don't have that, I would suggest using two separate antennas.

    Using a splitter on a non-MIMO antenna is not advisable in my opinion. It may be worse than the built-in antenna, depending on situation.

  6. #1221
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    284
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is this plan still available for new customers? I'd hate to read through 80+ pages of this thread.
    I will have questions for you.
    Don't be afraid to ask me questions.

  7. #1222
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,751
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by br3akth3lim1t View Post
    Is this plan still available for new customers? I'd hate to read through 80+ pages of this thread.
    You could get a good idea from reading through the last few pages. At least have the courtesy to do that and say that you read through the past few before posting. It's common board courtesy.

    If everyone posted saying "I'd hate to read through 80+ pages" then threads wouldn't work. The thread has a search tool, there's Google search for threads. At least share what you've tried before asking a well-repeated question.

    Point aside, call your local store. If they don't have it, you can't get it.

  8. #1223
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    284
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    You could get a good idea from reading through the last few pages. At least have the courtesy to do that and say that you read through the past few before posting. It's common board courtesy.

    If everyone posted saying "I'd hate to read through 80+ pages" then threads wouldn't work. The thread has a search tool, there's Google search for threads. At least share what you've tried before asking a well-repeated question.

    Point aside, call your local store. If they don't have it, you can't get it.
    Most threads I do read all the way through if they're only 30 or so pages. But thank you for the tip.

  9. #1224
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    It is still available. I know two people in western KY who signed up for the 250GB/$60 plan within the last month. Their experiences indicate there is still a lot of confusion at AT&T call centers and stores about who is eligible for the plan. Basically, call on a different day or talk to a different rep and get a different answer, until you get the answer you want.

    I saw this Nov '17 article that references the plan and reviews the MF279 device to be helpful:

    https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att...more-advanced/

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 08:21 PM
  2. Check out this Phone...
    By ConceptVBS in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 04:34 AM
  3. Check out this awesome phone
    By heybabyheybaby in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 02:40 AM
  4. Check out this phone
    By ujpatel in forum Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2002, 07:34 AM
  5. check out this new phone i just got!
    By magnesium12 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-03-2002, 11:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks