Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1179

Thread: Check out this AT&T Home Phone and Rural Internet offer

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coldknob View Post
    An AT&T rep on Reddit says that after Oct.3rd WHPI will no longer be offered on the unlimited plus plan. Take it for what its worth but if you're considering upgrading now may be the time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...nlimited_plus/
    We should be grandfathered in for now

Feedback Score
    Is there any way to get the activation fee waived

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmrick View Post
    We should be grandfathered in for now
    I read that post last night. The new options for whpi will be the same as the rural plan. so if you ever plan on unlimited then do it now or you'll be stuck with 250 and 500GB options.

I've barely hit over 150GB in month so far so I don't see myself needing to switch. Plus if i'm in bind and need more I either pay the overage or slap my mobley onto my router for the remainder. Still considering switching though... just in case.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How do you convert a 250 ,500 plan to unlimited ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    How do you convert a 250 ,500 plan to unlimited ?
    Online on your myATT account page. Click on devices-Home base-upgrade options. It's very easy and within a few hours my free HBO showed up on my Directv.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coldknob View Post
    Online on your myATT account page. Click on devices-Home base-upgrade options. It's very easy and within a few hours my free HBO showed up on my Directv.
    Are there any disadvantages to doing this ?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    In my opinion, having a concrete number is advantageous over a broad "unlimited" plan. With the recent changes in the industry, unlimited may not be "unlimited" and with the 250 or 500gb plan, you'll at least have a figure.
    ATT 500GB WHPI /AT&T Unlimited Plus Multi Line:2015-Present
    Verizon: 2008-2016 (UDP)
    Sprint: 2008-2014
    Alltel:2005-2008
    Cingular:2006

Feedback Score
    Who knows? In my case the cost was about the same either way after I factored in the discounts and extras included with unlimited plus. Both plans seem to work the same aside from the obvious data limit differences. There may well be disadvantages to switching but they're all based on speculation. There could also be disadvantages from not switching.

I agree with Cedius that a set amount of data "feels" more secure than a vague unlimited amount. My hope is that since I'm using a device that ATT sold explicitly for home internet use I won't have any problems as I'm using the plan as it was intended (unlike with some other devices).

The fact that the WHPI would no longer be available on the unlimited plans is what prompted me to switch at this time. I may regret it or I may not but either option is so much better than what I had previously that I'm not complaining.
    Last edited by coldknob; 09-28-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    With att expanding their fixed wireless option at a higher cost with less data.... it's anyone's guess how things may change

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    In my opinion, having a concrete number is advantageous over a broad "unlimited" plan. With the recent changes in the industry, unlimited may not be "unlimited" and with the 250 or 500gb plan, you'll at least have a figure.
    That's why I didn't switch to unlimited before. I was afraid they'd do something like verizon and start kicking you if you go over 100GB or so. At least with 250 I'm "officially" paying for a bucket. Plus with it being actually a rural broadband plan I'm hoping that if any changes happen to unlimited (like real throttling instead of depri) might not affect me... no I don't have an inside guy telling me this, it's all made up fears in my head.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    That's why I didn't switch to unlimited before. I was afraid they'd do something like verizon and start kicking you if you go over 100GB or so. At least with 250 I'm "officially" paying for a bucket. Plus with it being actually a rural broadband plan I'm hoping that if any changes happen to unlimited (like real throttling instead of depri) might not affect me... no I don't have an inside guy telling me this, it's all made up fears in my head.
    All true but could we not just switch to the 250/500 plan if att started messing with the 22gb plan? I switched from the 250/500 plan about 4 months ago have had zero issues

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128GB, iPad Pro 12.9"
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 20GB RNA, w/ $20 unlimited connected Car / ZTE Mobley
    Feedback Score
    All true but could we not just switch to the 250/500 plan if att started messing with the 22gb plan? I switched from the 250/500 plan about 4 months ago have had zero issues
    Not if they messed with the 250/500 plan too...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    With the recent termination of the mobley $20 plan, I feel ever more confident that I did the right thing by hanging on to the 500gb plan, especially since they stopped offering that soon after and only to specific markets. Who knows what att will do with any plan? They could nix the 250 and 500 gbs soon as well. But as for now a 250gb and 500gb plan will be grandfathered for the two years, and by that time hopefully 5g will have revolutionized the rural ISP market.

Feedback Score
    I'm still missing something with this antenna thing. I read through all the posts and some say to just pop off the back cover, then buy 3 things from amazon, plug them together somehow and you're good to go. Others say to take out the battery and sodder stuff on it. Totally confusing, especially if I don't sodder! LOL

I just want to plug in an antenna to get better signal. Is that too much to ask? Is that even possible?
    Can someone give a quick tutorial on how to use an antenna with the unit that comes with the Rural Home Plan 250g program?
    Get the best in Fitness Training with Fitness Professionals!
    www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post
    I'm still missing something with this antenna thing. I read through all the posts and some say to just pop off the back cover, then buy 3 things from amazon, plug them together somehow and you're good to go. Others say to take out the battery and sodder stuff on it. Totally confusing, especially if I don't sodder! LOL

I just want to plug in an antenna to get better signal. Is that too much to ask? Is that even possible?
    Can someone give a quick tutorial on how to use an antenna with the unit that comes with the Rural Home Plan 250g program?
    Both ways work I went with a hardware mod because I switch antennae daily to force my unit to the better tower.

Just do a quick search and you'll see some post with all the parts you need.

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast