Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How to make tethering look like on device data use?

Feedback Score

How to make tethering look like on device data use?

I would like to discuss how to make tethering look like on device data use.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    VPN would probably work, kinda of a pain to use though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AT&T Unlimited Plus with Netgear DC112A
    $20 Mobley stand-alone hotspot for home internet

Unlimited ZTE Mobely Hotspot

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican-bum View Post
    VPN would probably work, kinda of a pain to use though
    I thought if you used a VPN they could still detect it using deep packet inspection?

Feedback Score
    Are y'all stop trying to break the rules and just get home internet like the rest of us. I am in the process of moving tomorrow in apartment and just got Time Warner Cable for $14.99 per month. I think you can afford that. Either that or go to the library.

Sent from my SM-N910P using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint1 View Post
    Are y'all stop trying to break the rules and just get home internet like the rest of us. I am in the process of moving tomorrow in apartment and just got Time Warner Cable for $14.99 per month. I think you can afford that. Either that or go to the library.

Sent from my SM-N910P using HoFo mobile app
    Lol! Do you not realize that not everyone has access to high speed internet? Not everyone lives in town, some people live out in the country. I have a lot a family that lives on farms, they raise cattle for a living and make a nice living doing it.

Feedback Score
    Are y'all stop trying to break the rules and just get home internet like the rest of us.
    Well alrighty then, if you say so I guess I will, lol!!!

Feedback Score
    I am in the process of moving tomorrow in apartment and just got Time Warner Cable for $14.99 per month.
    Dude not everyone is a poor person who qualifies for Obamanet.

Feedback Score
    Wouldn't this be completely dependent on what method Verizon uses to determine how we are accessing data? Do we know how they will do that yet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Wouldn't this be completely dependent on what method Verizon uses to determine how we are accessing data?
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Do we know how they will do that yet?
    No but I don't think Verizon has any new ways to do this. They probably are doing it the same way that AT&T or TMobile do it. They just have less experience doing it since this is new to Verizon.

So I think we can use whatever methods the AT&T and TMobile users use to hide tethering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican-bum View Post
    Lol! Do you not realize that not everyone has access to high speed internet? Not everyone lives in town, some people live out in the country. I have a lot a family that lives on farms, they raise cattle for a living and make a nice living doing it.

If they're making a nice living doing it then they can pay for a regular Verizon Hot Spot and accept the trade off of a $300 a month Verizon bill as the cost of doing business living on a farm.

Device(s)
    LG VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    If they're making a nice living doing it then they can pay for a regular Verizon Hot Spot and accept the trade off of a $300 a month Verizon bill as the cost of doing business living on a farm.
    My bill is $355 for 4 lines. I want to know how to do this also.
    Life is way too good for words....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    Um, yeah no. It wouldn't be $300 and no one should give the fat cat verizon execs a dollar more than they have to.

Thanks for playing, but huge FAIL!!!

Device(s)
    Droid Turbo
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Um, yeah no. It wouldn't be $300 and no one should give the fat cat verizon execs a dollar more than they have to.

Thanks for playing, but huge FAIL!!!
    So you live in an area on unaccessible by fiber and or cable? You're the one who started this thread, just curious.

Moto Z Droid on Verizon

Feedback Score
    I've always assumed that the vast majority of people using UDP for internet couldn't get broadband at home (why wouldn't you? It's cheaper, easier to get and your isp wouldn't always be trying to get you to switched to a metered plan.)

I have no wired options other than dial up, I used to have satellite but capped satellite didn't compare well to uncapped alltel 3G.
    Since then two WISPs have moved into the area but neither covers my or my neighbors house due to a nearby hill.

If I wanted to drop a few grand I could get my own tower to see over the hill and get service from one of the WISPs that way but that's very impractical and i'd be concerned with it falling on the house with oklahoma weather.

Oh and for the last few years my bill (UDPs only) has been about $170/mo (if were talkin total total is about $305/mo since the 4 lines on ME run $135/mo)

Feedback Score

How to make tethering look like on device data use?

Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    I've always assumed that the vast majority of people using UDP for internet couldn't get broadband at home (why wouldn't you? It's cheaper, easier to get and your isp wouldn't always be trying to get you to switched to a metered plan.)

I have no wired options other than dial up, I used to have satellite but capped satellite didn't compare well to uncapped alltel 3G.
    Since then two WISPs have moved into the area but neither covers my or my neighbors house due to a nearby hill.

If I wanted to drop a few grand I could get my own tower to see over the hill and get service from one of the WISPs that way but that's very impractical and i'd be concerned with it falling on the house with oklahoma weather.

Oh and for the last few years my bill (UDPs only) has been about $170/mo (if were talkin total total is about $305/mo since the 4 lines on ME run $135/mo)
    Even though cable is pretty accessible I tried VZW UDP as home internet to test it. It was horrible. We have 4 in our family and use our devices a lot at the same time and our 2 sons and are gamers and often run 2 PS4 at once. Didn't work out. Running like an iPad an iPhone and 2 PS4's at once was lousy. Even running 3 iPhones internet on our Mac at once was lousy. For one person maybe 2 it could work. Comcast internet Blast which works great without any hitches is $82 a month.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast