Thread: Sorry, but it's been real guys!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Sorry, but it's been real guys!!

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1487244985.226569.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  93.4 KB

I couldn't do it anymore. The fact they are screwing over existing customers like they are is absurd. The way their call centre reps treat customers who have never had a late payment and have stuck with the company through the Nextel merger and all the network vision LIES. Yea and the promise of B41 back home in Alabama two years ago yet not a single site in the state have ticked me off to the point where it's better to pay out my lease and cut ties with Sprint.

Thanks for offering sub-par 3G service in the middle of Austin, 3G/1x on my 800 mile trips back home, rude customer service, and failing to keep existing customers in the loop and providing them with new customer pricing like EVERYONE else has been doing for a while.

Also thanks for offering to put me back on the same plan + over $900 in credits for switching back, but if would have been easier and cheaper for you to just offer me a more recent plan and no courtesy credits (I would gladly have accepted a current plan and NO credits).

So to the remaining 26 million postpaid phone Sprint users, I bid you farewell and have one line on a SERO account I may keep around for testing since it's so inexpensive. But you've lost 3 more seemingly insignificant lines.

I will miss seeing extended 1x and the late night drives trying to find new LTE coverage, but it's time for a phone that just works. The rest of my family can say, hello Verizon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post

I couldn't do it anymore. The fact they are screwing over existing customers like they are is absurd. The way their call centre reps treat customers who have never had a late payment and have stuck with the company through the Nextel merger and all the network vision LIES. Yea and the promise of B41 back home in Alabama two years ago yet not a single site in the state have ticked me off to the point where it's better to pay out my lease and cut ties with Sprint.

Thanks for offering sub-par 3G service in the middle of Austin, 3G/1x on my 800 mile trips back home, rude customer service, and failing to keep existing customers in the loop and providing them with new customer pricing like EVERYONE else has been doing for a while.

Also thanks for offering to put me back on the same plan + over $900 in credits for switching back, but if would have been easier and cheaper for you to just offer me a more recent plan and no courtesy credits (I would gladly have accepted a current plan and NO credits).

So to the remaining 26 million postpaid phone Sprint users, I bid you farewell and have one line on a SERO account I may keep around for testing since it's so inexpensive. But you've lost 3 more seemingly insignificant lines.

I will miss seeing extended 1x and the late night drives trying to find new LTE coverage, but it's time for a phone that just works. The rest of my family can say, hello Verizon!
    Congratulations!! I sure hope you enjoy Verizon's services and they beef up their network in a market like Austin...where spectrum is sparse.

Feedback Score

I got one of those letters too. I got it about 2 months ago and did go back to Sprint only to port out to T-Mobile just a couple of days ago. Their network is great for calls and text. They roam on Verizon so it seems like they have voice coverage everywhere. It's their pathetic LTE coverage that drove me away. They have a ton of spectrum and don't use it. At times their LTE was so slow it wasn't usable. I kept noticing T-Mobile increasing their coverage in my area and now T-Mobile has the best signal and speeds at my house than any other carrier. So I still had almost $175 left in credit on my Sprint account but I don't care. I ported to T-Mobile and will just let Sprint disappear in my rear view mirror. I'm done too.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Congratulations!! I sure hope you enjoy Verizon's services and they beef up their network in a market like Austin...where spectrum is sparse.
    I've had a line with Verizon in Austin and haven't had too much trouble. I don't drop to 3G like I did with Sprint in San Marcos and by the river walk in San Antonio. The other two lines will be used in TN and AL where Verizon works great. I wish Sprint the best overall!

Feedback Score
    I've had a line with Verizon in Austin and haven't had too much trouble. I don't drop to 3G like I did with Sprint in San Marcos and by the river walk in San Antonio. The other two lines will be used in TN and AL where Verizon works great. I wish Sprint the best overall!

Verizon isn't terrible in Austin? Shocking to hear considering they have only 40 MHz of spectrum deployed.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T(work)
    Feedback Score
    I am on my way out too. I left Verizon back in 2015 for Sprint as I needed Unlimited I was paying around 92.00 a month for 10GB of data with Verizon and would go over every month. I knew I would be dropping down a tier in terms of coverage but never fully understood how much I would actually lose.

I live in the old nTelos market where Shentel purchased the network. Don't get me wrong they have made vast improvements in the past year however it is just not enough. Band 25 is what is mainly deployed with a few 26 sites every now and then. Band 41 is only in the direct city limits and speeds most of the time are still hovering around 1 Mbps if that during the work day. Customer Service has actually been the weakest link as I get the overseas call center first and then usually get transferred back to the states where I have to repeat the story over and over again.

Now that the options are out there Verizon is going to be my choice. 20 dollars more a month in total is fine for me to pay in order to get a better network and customer service. I really do think the end is near for Sprint and I am sad to say that. I remember being around when Power Vision came out and thought that was the best thing since sliced bread and then I stuck around for the Network Vision that was a total failure.

I am going to be on the first thing out as soon as the dust settles on the Verizon plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Verizon isn't terrible in Austin? Shocking to hear considering they have only 40 MHz of spectrum deployed.
    http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootsco...tin-tx/2016/2H

They rank just a tick below T-Mobile in data speeds and tie AT&T in reliability. They are ramping up small cell deployments in the city center as well. Honestly AT&T is the one to beat here. T-Mobile can't even touch them in some areas.

Feedback Score

They rank just a tick below T-Mobile in data speeds and tie AT&T in reliability. They are ramping up small cell deployments in the city center as well. Honestly AT&T is the one to beat here. T-Mobile can't even touch them in some areas.
    Yeh they will never beat At&t there with all the spectrum they have. However if they can turn their network into one that's solid in terms of speeds and reliability then that's a plus ( given their spectrum holdings). It sounds like that's what they are trying to do with small cells.

Feedback Score
Size:  93.4 KB.... but it's time for a phone that just works. The rest of my family can say, hello Verizon!
    If I like the pleasant experience of a phone that is as useless as a bar of soap in my pocket... due to no data coverage in the vast majority of places in the US... I will go with Sprint. If I want to actually use my phone, I will go with one of the two true nationwide networks.

Feedback Score

Make an honest comparison and Verizon would be a lot faster. The speed tests that say T-Mobile is so fast are cooked in that they weed out places with data speeds of 0.... and there are currently a lot more areas with no T-Mobile than there are places with no Verizon.

Of course companies would trumpet "studies" that exclude anyplace where the service is terrible.

If you want an honest speed comparison, throw a dart at a map of the continental US. Do it 20 times. take note of where it hits. Average the speed of each network at these points. There, you have more accurate indicator of relative carrier speed in the US than any of these being discussed. As more data points to make it even better.
    Last edited by NotABiot; 02-17-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    So I still had almost $175 left in credit on my Sprint account but I don't care. I ported to T-Mobile and will just let Sprint disappear in my rear view mirror. I'm done too.
    Can you use this to buy a phone to sell or give to someone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Can you use this to buy a phone to sell or give to someone?
    Credits are for plans only. Can't use it for phones or accessories. Sprint will probably send me a couple more statements showing a negative balance, then it will just drop off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Credits are for plans only. Can't use it for phones or accessories. Sprint will probably send me a couple more statements showing a negative balance, then it will just drop off.
    Oh well, just phantom money then.

Feedback Score
    The ONLY THING for me that justified sticking with Sprint was the availability of subsidized equipment. Apparently, they finally stopped those, even for legacy and SERO plans. No reason to keep holding on to Sprint's plans as their value has been greatly diminished. Time to move on.