Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to get Tmobile to work indoors?

Feedback Score

How to get Tmobile to work indoors?

I wonder what specs do I need to be looking for to get proper cellular, calling, text, and data, for Tmo indoors?

I also know that what will give good data reception may not necessarily give good talk and text reception.

So I need to know what specs to look for to ensure proper talk and text and what specs to look for to ensure proper data reception.

Thank you for your help.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by MVNO!!! View Post
    I wonder what specs do I need to be looking for to get proper cellular, calling, text, and data, for Tmo indoors?

I also know that what will give good data reception may not necessarily give good talk and text reception.

So I need to know what specs to look for to ensure proper talk and text and what specs to look for to ensure proper data reception.

Thank you for your help.
    Do you have high speed broadband? T-Mobile has a cellspot for what you're describing, it piggybacks on your broadband. If not, there's a repeater Tmo used to sale..
    https://support.t-mobile.com/communi...sonal-cellspot

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    Do you have high speed broadband? T-Mobile has a cellspot for what you're describing, it piggybacks on your broadband. If not, there's a repeater Tmo used to sale..
    I need the specs and so the phone has to be the final word in functionality.

I travel to places where I have no say over installation of hardware to better my reception.

So I need the specs.

They keep on adding new bands to phones, but is tbat for data or is that for talk and text, and some phones have aws and some do not. Does aws make indoor talk and text reception more able?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score

I need the specs and so the phone has to be the final word in functionality.

I travel to places where I have no say over installation of hardware to better my reception.

So I need the specs.

They keep on adding new bands to phones, but is tbat for data or is that for talk and text, and some phones have aws and some do not. Does aws make indoor talk and text reception more able?
    T mobile utilizes VoLTE, so essentially voice/text/data is amplified equally. It sounds as if you need a portable solution? Have you looked at Wilson amplifiers? I have an ambiguous unit that boosts most current bands of LTE. AWS is a mid to high band frequency, it is less desirable than say bands 2 or 12. It is band 4.

Feedback Score
    T mobile utilizes VoLTE, so essentially voice/text/data is amplified equally. It sounds as if you need a portable solution? Have you looked at Wilson amplifiers? I have an ambiguous unit that boosts most current bands of LTE. AWS is a mid to high band frequency, it is less desirable than say bands 2 or 12. It is band 4.
    So TMO will not carry out calls but mobile data is off?

If it will carry out when mobile data is off, is that still considered VOLTE?

And if it is still considered, then which bands will allow the best reception indoors?

And if no band will allow a better indoors reception, then please explain the amplifiers to me. Are they heavy? How expensive? How do you install one? If it is carried on your person and brought indoors, indoors where there is weak to no current talk and text signal, what will it do to make the signal stronger? I am aware that some unit reroute your calls through wifi, which with GV that is already covered, and some units have a piece outdoors and it runs via wire to another piece indoors, so it carries the good outdoors signal into indoors, but that is not usually a solution when you are constantky on the move from office building to office building.

Awaiting to hear more good news.

Feedback Score
    Does aws make indoor talk and text reception more able?
    It could, so you need to get a phone with all bands that T-Mobile supports.

For HSPA, you need both 1700 (AWS) (Band IV) and 1900 (PCS) (band II)

For LTE, it should have band 2, 4, and 12. It should have VoLTE which in most cases means it should be a phone that is sold by T-Mobile although there are a few exceptions.

Having all of the bands and VoLTE will give you the greatest opportunity at functionality.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    It could, so you need to get a phone with all bands that T-Mobile supports.

For HSPA, you need both 1700 (AWS) (Band IV) and 1900 (PCS) (band II)

For LTE, it should have band 2, 4, and 12. It should have VoLTE which in most cases means it should be a phone that is sold by T-Mobile although there are a few exceptions.

Having all of the bands and VoLTE will give you the greatest opportunity at functionality.
    Having all bands will allow the best functionality with data reception, correct?

But what if I turn off mobile data and am just relying on cellular? How will I then enable TMO to work indoors as well as Verizon and ATT?

Feedback Score
    https://support.t-mobile.com/communi...sonal-cellspot
    what is the difference between the cellspot (not the wi-fi router, but the first one in the link) and the signal booster?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    what is the difference between the cellspot (not the wi-fi router, but the first one in the link) and the signal booster?
    The cellspot piggybacks off the users broadband, the signal booster is a two part solution. The cellspot creates a signal where there is no signal(think mini cell site) vs a signal booster which takes a weak signal and amplifies.

Feedback Score
    The cellspot piggybacks off the users broadband, the signal booster is a two part solution. The cellspot creates a signal where there is no signal(think mini cell site) vs a signal booster which takes a weak signal and amplifies.
    But besides for using external hardware, there is no way to ensure that TMO will have the same reception indoors as that of ATT and Verizon?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    But besides for using external hardware, there is no way to ensure that TMO will have the same reception indoors as that of ATT and Verizon?
    Correct, even using external hardware is no guarantee. Proximity to the site, frequency used, down tilt, antenna type, etc. All come into play to determine which carrier works best at a given location. There's no "silver bullet".

Feedback Score
    Having all bands will allow the best functionality with data reception, correct?

But what if I turn off mobile data and am just relying on cellular?
    If you're asking if VoLTE will work with mobile data turned off the answer is yes.

How will I then enable TMO to work indoors as well as Verizon and ATT?
    If you don't need mobile data then just get a phone on an AT&T or Verizon MVNO so that you will get their voice calling instead of trying to get T-Mobile to give you equivalent indoor coverage. It just doesn't make sense why you're trying to get T-Mobile to provide you equivalent voice coverage when AT&T or Verizon already does it.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Band 12 phone

/thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    If you're asking if VoLTE will work with mobile data turned off the answer is yes.

If you don't need mobile data then just get a phone on an AT&T or Verizon MVNO so that you will get their voice calling instead of trying to get T-Mobile to give you equivalent indoor coverage. It just doesn't make sense why you're trying to get T-Mobile to provide you equivalent voice coverage when AT&T or Verizon already does it.
    TMO has shown that they have some of the best competative prices.

I would like to take advatage of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mossme89 View Post
    Band 12 phone

/thread.
    Band 12 will make TMO indoor coverage for talk and text, even if the mobile data is off, the same as that of ATT and Verizon?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast