Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: AT&T Will Now Offer Unlimited to Everyone According to this article...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Darn you and I are on the same page. People are crying all of a sudden.

I started a thread about having 4 lines which is the sweet spot and how AT&T is actually cheaper.

'But we want a hotspot!' You never had it before to begin with.
    But now everybody else has an unlimited data plan that offers at least some hotspot.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kpo'm View Post
    But now everybody else has an unlimited data plan that offers at least some hotspot.
    ATT isn't obligated to offer anything. If it's an issue for you, do like most people and switch. If an extra 10GB and throttled UL 3G are your thing, then by all means it sounds appealing.
    ATT 500GB WHPI /AT&T Unlimited Plus Multi Line:2015-Present
    Verizon: 2008-2016 (UDP)
    Sprint: 2008-2014
    Alltel:2005-2008
    Cingular:2006

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    ATT isn't obligated to offer anything. If it's an issue for you, do like most people and switch. If an extra 10GB and throttled UL 3G are your thing, then by all means it sounds appealing.
    Haha! Funny post. Technically you're right, but you do realize that AT&T has to stay competitive in order to stay in the mobile network business correct?

Ma Bell, SM-N920A, On the road

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyds45 View Post
    Haha! Funny post. Technically you're right, but you do realize that AT&T has to stay competitive in order to stay in the mobile network business correct?

Ma Bell, SM-N920A, On the road
    I mean, their revenue has been steadily going up. I don't think it's necessary for them to "keep" adding wireless postpaid subs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    I mean, their revenue has been steadily going up. I don't think it's necessary for them to "keep" adding wireless postpaid subs.
    I'm shorting ATT stock with put options. Their revenues might be going up due to their other divisions like Directv, uverse, and etc... T has been the biggest loser of wireless customers this past year. Revenue short falls are made up with price increases like the upcoming $5 per line for legacy udp. I see the majority of legacy udp switching to another carrier for less money such as myself. With this plan, I personally think there will be a massive outflow of customers, especially those without fan discounts. Whatever financial engineering T is using will eventually catch up with them.

The loss of bundling with Directv puts T as risks for further cord cutting from the TV side. T needs to come up with a new bundle that will lock users in, so far there has been nothing. Running the business is secondary to getting the time warner deal through. Mad bonuses for these execs on consummation of the deal.

Feedback Score
    The bundle benefit is what really ticked me off. Which is why I think they have more in the works.

Anyway, I live in the NYC market and I don't mind going to VZW. Since customer loyalty doesn't mean jack, I'll hop around if need be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post
    The bundle benefit is what really ticked me off. Which is why I think they have more in the works.

Anyway, I live in the NYC market and I don't mind going to VZW. Since customer loyalty doesn't mean jack, I'll hop around if need be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Truer words have never been said
    AT&T Unlimited Plus with Netgear DC112A
    $20 Mobley stand-alone hotspot for home internet

Unlimited ZTE Mobely Hotspot

Device(s)
    Nokia 6610
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dhau001 View Post
    I'm shorting ATT stock with put options. Their revenues might be going up due to their other divisions like Directv, uverse, and etc... T has been the biggest loser of wireless customers this past year. Revenue short falls are made up with price increases like the upcoming $5 per line for legacy udp. I see the majority of legacy udp switching to another carrier for less money such as myself. With this plan, I personally think there will be a massive outflow of customers, especially those without fan discounts. Whatever financial engineering T is using will eventually catch up with them.
    A bit early for shorting, no? DOW just shot to all time highs and if the S&P follows your position is a loss. Plus if T's revenues are up there's no reason their stock would be weaker than any other carriers, especially as its stock price is holding sideways/rangebound and not turning down. The ones that turn down first, ahead of the index, would be the best short sale candidates. At least that's what my analyst fairy tells me.

Anyway, this thread has me actually thinking about switching to Verizon. We pay $180 pre-tax on three lines with the grandfathered UPDs. Tethering is a non-issue as I have jailbroken phones. Pulled down 75gb last month while traveling with no slowdown. We don't call Canada or Mexico so that's not enticing either. I'm happy with T's coverage and don't love the idea of switching to CDMA phones. Seems I'm paying about the same no matter what I do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trem0lo View Post
    A bit early for shorting, no? DOW just shot to all time highs and if the S&P follows your position is a loss. Plus if T's revenues are up there's no reason their stock would be weaker than any other carriers, especially as its stock price is holding sideways/rangebound and not turning down. The ones that turn down first, ahead of the index, would be the best short sale candidates. At least that's what my analyst fairy tells me.

Anyway, this thread has me actually thinking about switching to Verizon. We pay $180 pre-tax on three lines with the grandfathered UPDs. Tethering is a non-issue as I have jailbroken phones. Pulled down 75gb last month while traveling with no slowdown. We don't call Canada or Mexico so that's not enticing either. I'm happy with T's coverage and don't love the idea of switching to CDMA phones. Seems I'm paying about the same no matter what I do.
    Your analyst fairy is telling you to buy high and sell low.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Att today is making the case for their time deal saying it means better prices for customers. Where's the better prices on unlimited with hotspot now that there's more competition from T-Mobile ?

The least competitive carrier talking about better prices is crazy

"The merger is about giving consumers what they want"

Well we wanted hotspot and $80 for unlimited like Verizon or even $70 like T-Mobile. I'm a big fan of att's network but their bs meter just got upgraded to the newest model.

Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Factory Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T Will Now Offer Unlimited to Everyone According to this article...

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Att today is making the case for their time deal saying it means better prices for customers. Where's the better prices on unlimited with hotspot now that there's more competition from T-Mobile ?

The least competitive carrier talking about better prices is crazy

"The merger is about giving consumers what they want"

Well we wanted hotspot and $80 for unlimited like Verizon or even $70 like T-Mobile.

Let's be honest they don't give a **** about the customers. They care about their money. It's unbelievable they have the second most spectrum out of any other cellphone carrier and refuse to offer hotspot on unlimited while others with less spectrum can? Come on AT&T you're full of ****

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscustomer View Post
    Let's be honest they don't give a **** about the customers. They care about their money. It's unbelievable they have the second most spectrum out of any other cellphone carrier and refuse to offer hotspot on unlimited while others with less spectrum can? Come on AT&T you're full of ****
    I agree. Att bs meter keeps getting upgraded to more advanced and more capable models

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trem0lo View Post

Just my opinion, if your costs will be exactly the same and you're happy with T-Mo, then I would stay, they're the devil you know. T-Mo keeps making improvements on their network and they're catching up quite quickly and I honestly never thought they'd be where they're at now. If I didn't need rural coverage for traveling for work, I would've switched over to them a year ago.

On top of all that, between T-mo, VZW & AT&T, T-Mo is probably a sure bet they won't pull unlimited down the road while it's a crap shoot on what VZW or AT&T will do since they seem to change course on a whim depending on what they feel is best for them at that moment in time.

Something made VZW panic and that's why we have "unlimited" back today but who knows what next month will bring. Even with grandfathering, it doesn't mean our new plans will be eligible on a 5G network or if they decide to ban this plan from say the iPhone 8 to get people off the plan, that was Sprint's old strategy to get people off SERO, not let them on newer phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Factory Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny hotsauce View Post
    Just my opinion, if your costs will be exactly the same and you're happy with T-Mo, then I would stay, they're the devil you know. T-Mo keeps making improvements on their network and they're catching up quite quickly and I honestly never thought they'd be where they're at now. If I didn't need rural coverage for traveling for work, I would've switched over to them a year ago.

On top of all that, between T-mo, VZW & AT&T, T-Mo is probably a sure bet they won't pull unlimited down the road while it's a crap shoot on what VZW or AT&T will do since they seem to change course on a whim depending on what they feel is best for them at that moment in time.

Something made VZW panic and that's why we have "unlimited" back today but who knows what next month will bring. Even with grandfathering, it doesn't mean our new plans will be eligible on a 5G network or if they decide to ban this plan from say the iPhone 8 to get people off the plan, that was Sprint's old strategy to get people off SERO, not let them on newer phones.
    This is true and you bring up good points

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9