Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy84094 View Post
    I did not see your post, but I know there are 30+ small cells at Walmarts that are either in planning or already live.

The other picture I posted is 8600 S 1300 E in Sandy. There's lots of Verizon small cell installs at places like strip malls and gas stations across Utah. Southern Utah is getting lots of love as well.
    I have noticed in the last three months that they have been swapping antennas with 3 RRUs in several macro cell sites. There are some weak locations where a macro cell site or small cells could be a perfect solution. Have you seen any small cells on by Alta Canyon Sport center or Fashion Place mall?

Sent from my SM-G925V using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charles2001 View Post
    I have noticed in the last three months that they have been swapping antennas with 3 RRUs in several macro cell sites. There are some weak locations where a macro cell site or small cells could be a perfect solution. Have you seen any small cells on by Alta Canyon Sport center or Fashion Place mall?

There is a macro site near 9750 S 1700 E which provides good coverage in that area. Do you have issues indoors at the sport center?

The Fashion Place West site had equipment swapped out recently and there are plans for new site build nearby which should offload even more traffic in that area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy84094 View Post
    There is a macro site near 9750 S 1700 E which provides good coverage in that area. Do you have issues indoors at the sport center?

The Fashion Place West site had equipment swapped out recently and there are plans for new site build nearby which should offload even more traffic in that area.
    I know that rooftop cell site is on blessed sacrament school but lte signal isn't strong around stores on 9400 South and highland Dr. Next tower is on flat Mesa iron park but it's too far away. AT&T has a rooftop cell site on top of Smiths. Do you know if verizon planning to put a small cell in that area?

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Don't want this thread to die since small cells seem to be the infrastructure of the future. I'll see if I can take some photos of local small cells and post them if I remember.

If anyone is curious on how the networks are being run I'll be glad to shed some light.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    Verizon small cell roll-out continues in Oakland, California with several small cell nodes along Piedmont Avenue under construction.

http://imgur.com/a/8cJxK

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    Don't want this thread to die since small cells seem to be the infrastructure of the future. I'll see if I can take some photos of local small cells and post them if I remember.

If anyone is curious on how the networks are being run I'll be glad to shed some light.
    Got anything on the network here in the Binghamton, NY market?

Feedback Score
    Small cell in Vestal, NY behind the plaza with home goods and across the street from Wal Mart. It's not verizon, really wonder who's it is. Attachment 149426

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Are you sure that's not Verizon? They're doing a lot of those exact same setups on Walmarts in the more rural upstate NY markets. In fact they're the only ones doing it from my knowledge. Maybe it's just not turned on yet.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Got anything on the network here in the Binghamton, NY market?
    I'll have to check but I can really only see what my firm is working on. I know there's a huge spread of sites in the Albany/Syracuse area and all towns in between. Not sure if we reach down that far, though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Small cell in Vestal, NY behind the plaza with home goods and across the street from Wal Mart. It's not verizon, really wonder who's it is. Attachment 149426
    I have found conditional permits in Utah stating that Verizon is working with Walmart throughout all states to deploy small cells in their rooftops even when there is a near macro cell tower.

Feedback Score
    Are you sure that's not Verizon? They're doing a lot of those exact same setups on Walmarts in the more rural upstate NY markets. In fact they're the only ones doing it from my knowledge. Maybe it's just not turned on yet.
    It's been there since this past summer...I'm thinking it's not turned on either. The coverage is excellent in this spot already with rare congestion issues. These popped up all over town last summer at an impressive rate but they aren't all on yet as far as I can tell.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Odd. I'd bet the house that's a Verizon site just based on the design. I'm not even sure if any of the other carriers are deploying small cells on anything other than utility and light poles. Verizon seems to be the main one also attaching to buildings.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Google Fi, VZW Wi-Fi
    Feedback Score

I haven't seen anything in Reno... Do the small cells typically run tri/quad band, or just certain bands?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Typically only one band, usually B4, although I have seen some B13/B4 setups and even B2 standalone sites. The antennas used usually have 2 ports, 4 at the max, so the only way to do tri or quad band would be a lot of diplexing which may not be feasible due to site constraints.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast