Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Small cell in my town. Didn't run a speedtest but they had a B4 RRH at the equipment level.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Panel small cell running B4:

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    Don't want this thread to die since small cells seem to be the infrastructure of the future. I'll see if I can take some photos of local small cells and post them if I remember.

If anyone is curious on how the networks are being run I'll be glad to shed some light.
    2 Verizon stores in my area now has a small cell on top of the roof, is this something new Verizon is doing? Using their own locations to add small cells?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure but it's in their best interest to do so since what better way to advertise the network than having a great signal while you're in the store. I believe the stores also have indoor signal boosters.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpmanj2395 View Post
    2 Verizon stores in my area now has a small cell on top of the roof, is this something new Verizon is doing? Using their own locations to add small cells?
    Could you please post a picture of those small cells at Verizon stores?

Sent from my SM-G925V using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charles2001 View Post
    Could you please post a picture of those small cells at Verizon stores?

Sent from my SM-G925V using HoFo mobile app

There was one small cell on the roof a week ago, now there is a total of 3. Speeds were limited to 40/30 on all 3. Not sure if any other bands were being used. The only one I connected to was 15x15 PCS. These small cells are pretty close to the macro site as well.

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Verizon in talks with Lowell on wireless cells
    By Todd Feathers, [email protected]
    UPDATED: 03/06/2017 09:28:21 AM EST

Residents and business owners have long yearned for Verizon to run its fiberoptic cables through Lowell -- breaking Comcast's local monopoly on cable and high-speed internet and driving down prices. Verizon won't budge on FiOS, but it is willing to offer an alternative.

The company is in negotiations with the city to install 50 small cells -- essentially miniature cell towers -- throughout Lowell. The canisters, which would be mounted on stop lights and utility poles, would boost wireless internet and cell phone service to Verizon customers.

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/local/ci_30...#ixzz4aggYgsn5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gvillager View Post

Residents and business owners have long yearned for Verizon to run its fiberoptic cables through Lowell -- breaking Comcast's local monopoly on cable and high-speed internet and driving down prices. Verizon won't budge on FiOS, but it is willing to offer an alternative.

The company is in negotiations with the city to install 50 small cells -- essentially miniature cell towers -- throughout Lowell. The canisters, which would be mounted on stop lights and utility poles, would boost wireless internet and cell phone service to Verizon customers.

The city should hold out for better pricing. eventually Verizon will have to deploy these small cells to soak up capacity no matter what. So if the city wants more money I feel like in their case it's just a waiting game. the Verizon rep in this article is trying to use Scare Tactics saying that there is " a timing aspect to this". That's a load of b******* they're going to have to build those small cells one way or another.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T LTE
    Feedback Score
    Lots of Verizon small cells in chicago
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

Ibotta link

Shopkick also a great app shopping discount program

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gvillager View Post

$1700 a YEAR for the whole group of small cells? That's beyond highway robbery if Verizon lands that good of a deal.

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    $1700 a YEAR for the whole group of small cells? That's beyond highway robbery if Verizon lands that good of a deal.
    "When Verizon proposed installing one small cell canister in Gage Park a year ago, they offered to pay Lowell $6,000 per year for the right, City Manager Kevin Murphy said. Now that the company is proposing 50 canisters, it's offering around $1,700 per year for the entire lot."

That's just insane...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Found this small cell on top of an auto repair place in Vernon, CT. Don't think it's AT&T because I only get like 2 to 3 bars in the area, but it could be a Verizon one? I'll let you guys decide?

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone 8, iPad Pro, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does the carrier have to run fiber to each small cell? Can it be fed from an Ethernet or cable connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    Does the carrier have to run fiber to each small cell? Can it be fed from an Ethernet or cable connection?
    From all the building permits I've seen for the small cells recently, they are running dedicated fiber to the control boxes. In places like retail shops and business parks, there is usually a fiber junction box not that far from a local provider like Zayo, CenturyLink, XO, Level3, Comcast Metro-E, etc...
    Could they run over a business class cable/dsl connection? Probably, but I think for reliability and SLA reasons, they will stick with fiber where possible. Not to mention, they probably have some contract that allows them a fiber connection for a fraction of what someone like you or me could get one for since they buy in volume.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Each site gets a fiber feed which is easier for the utility pole mounted sites since they can usually pull right from the fiber line on the pole. The building ones are handled like standard cell sites.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast