Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

So in the wake of the unlimited data plan being offered there seems to be a lot of people worried/wondering how Verizon will manage to handle capacity not just from current users switching but newer users joining up and adding to the data traffic. One of the things we all know Verizon is working hard at deploying is small cells and outdoor DAS (distributed antenna system for those who don't know) to help maintain the integrity of the network. I'm closely associated with the front-end engineering portion of these types of setups and I just want to (hopefully) ease some minds that Verizon is fully engaged and aggressively deploying these types of sites in all sorts of areas outside of their macro LTE carrier upgrades. The scale at which they're doing so is, in my opinion, far exceeding what other carriers are doing despite any reports or press releases they have.

With this thread I'm encouraging people to share questions and pictures of these types of setups and I'll answer as best I can.

Device(s)
    Droid Turbo
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just started to notice some here in Tampa. The only place where I still drop LTE at a couple Target stores and Publix.

Moto Z Droid on Verizon

Feedback Score
    Would this do something for like the walmart parking lot? I was there this evening and only got 0.75Mbps on B13 dropped down to EVDO and got 1.3Mbps.

I think it might be congested.

This is unrelated to the new unlimited plan it's been like that there for a long time.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven't seen any DAS installs here in NH unfortunately, I've been watching like a hawk too. Whenever I see a new telephone pole go up I'm hopeful it's for a DAS lol.

Feedback Score
    Installed summer 2016 to fill in a coverage gap maybe 1/2 a mile long if that. Amazing that these are going up so far around here. I have attached a map with the small cells location and the approximate area it is covering. Attachment 149000 Attachment 149001

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Installed summer 2016 to fill in a coverage gap maybe 1/2 a mile long if that. Amazing that these are going up so far around here. I have attached a map with the small cells location and the approximate area it is covering. Attachment 149000 Attachment 149001
    Is that Endwell, NY?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Is that Endwell, NY?
    Yes it is sir

Feedback Score
    There are many small cell application in Utah. Verizon is in process to build small cells in most Walmart in Utah and probably all over country.

Here's how they look

Sent from my SM-G925V using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I like what Verizon is doing with small cells. Just got Verizon and in South Carolina so far the signal has been strong. A definite edge over att. I'll have to look at what Verizon has in South Carolina whatever it is it works. Att is good but doesn't seem quite as dense
    Last edited by wilbur101; 02-18-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Verizon is making a big push for Small cells at high schools, middle schools, and junior highs.

Two examples here:

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news/...34dcc1f67.html

PLATTSBURGH — Verizon Wireless small cells will be installed on Plattsburgh City School District properties.

The School Board recently voted 6 to 2 in favor of approving a lease agreement with Verizon Wireless, allowing the company to house wireless base stations at Plattsburgh High School and the district's Bus Garage and mount OMNI antennas on those buildings' roofs.

http://www.pequotlakes-mn.gov/vertic...aff_Report.pdf

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA; CH: Sunrise; D: Vodafone; ES: Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    A sample of some of the various types of Verizon Small Cell installations in San Francisco - VZW small cells are now in every neighborhood in this city: http://imgur.com/a/vrGaJ

VZW has also made a huge push with small cells in Utah - here's what some of them look like there: http://imgur.com/a/PJDU5

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    We have a few of those rooftop ones around me and more are in the pipeline. I haven't seen many utility pole mounted setups around me but I know there are some coming.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy84094 View Post
    A sample of some of the various types of Verizon Small Cell installations in San Francisco - VZW small cells are now in every neighborhood in this city: http://imgur.com/a/vrGaJ

VZW has also made a huge push with small cells in Utah - here's what some of them look like there: http://imgur.com/a/PJDU5
    Verizon is deploying small cells all over Utah. First picture is in corner of 9400 South and 1300 South which its perfect for Sandy amphitheater. Where is second picture located?

Did you see my post where Verizon is in process of deploying small cells in almost all Walmarts in Utah?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA; CH: Sunrise; D: Vodafone; ES: Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charles2001 View Post
    Verizon is deploying small cells all over Utah. First picture is in corner of 9400 South and 1300 South which its perfect for Sandy amphitheater. Where is second picture located?

Did you see my post where Verizon is in process of deploying small cells in almost all Walmarts in Utah?

I did not see your post, but I know there are 30+ small cells at Walmarts that are either in planning or already live.

The other picture I posted is 8600 S 1300 E in Sandy. There's lots of Verizon small cell installs at places like strip malls and gas stations across Utah. Southern Utah is getting lots of love as well.

Feedback Score
    http://boston.maps.arcgis.com/apps/V...555d10ce58976a

Here's the oDAS/small cell list in Boston

Most of the orange ones are the old MetroPCS system. Some of the green ones are neutral host and others are VZW-only.
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus

Verizon LTE B4+B2

AT&T LTE B2+B17

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast