Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: $20 Unlimited ZTE Mobley LTE Hotspot Setup and Troubleshooting thread

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post

What's the advantage of buying the Mobley outright vs getting it for free on a 2 year contract?
    Advantage is no contract and you could cancel anytime, the contract isn't a bad idea though, if they cancel the unlimited on the mobley for whatever reason they would have to let you out of the contract anyways since it would have a "material adverse effect" so you would have 30 days from the date of change to cancel without penalty.
    Last edited by mexican-bum; 02-21-2017 at 12:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    AT&T Unlimited Plus with Netgear DC112A
    $20 Mobley stand-alone hotspot for home internet

Unlimited ZTE Mobely Hotspot

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    If I get the Car Connect Unlimited Plan will I be able to use it with the Netgear?
    No its a home hotspot and would not be eligible for connected car unlimited.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Star View Post
    The obvious is that buying outright, if your circumstances change or a better deal comes out, you are free to cancel or change.

I am watching the Netgear LB 1120 and LB2120 that are coming out next month. Netgear would not produce a product like this without the knowledge and cooperation of ATT and agreement that they have a plan for it. ATT is definitely moving in a new direction.
    Moving in a new direction... seems like the plans they are offering for rural areas now is a new direction. Some people have Satellite internet and pay like $160 for 30GB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican-bum View Post
    Advangtage is no contract and you could cancel anytime, the contract isn't a bad idea though, if they cancel the unlimited on the mobley for whatever reason they would have to let you out of the contract anyways since that would be "a change of price for less service" you would have 30 days from the date of change to cancel without penalty.
    My parents got it on contract cause they don't plan to cancel. For me I wouldn't plan to cancel either.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with the Car Connect dept. Got to get the connected car dept cause they know what the plan is. 866-595-1222.

What's the advantage of buying the Mobley outright vs getting it for free on a 2 year contract?
    Haha! So I spent prolly 20 min trying to get them to understand what the mobley was. They kept wanting a phone number from the car. So YMMV even with them. Once we were on the same page as to what the mobley is then they transferred me to yet another dept. that sets it up. That took another 45min or so but funny enough the only plan she presented with was the unlimited standalone plan. So that worked out. And fyi Best Buy seems to have the mobley. I ordered it online and did store pickup an hour later. now I'm just waiting for it to do its update so it won't shut off after 2 hours. Sure would be nice if they made someway to check for updates.
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by astrand1 View Post
    Haha! So I spent prolly 20 min trying to get them to understand what the mobley was. They kept wanting a phone number from the car. So YMMV even with them. Once we were on the same page as to what the mobley is then they transferred me to yet another dept. that sets it up. That took another 45min or so but funny enough the only plan she presented with was the unlimited standalone plan. So that worked out. And fyi Best Buy seems to have the mobley. I ordered it online and did store pickup an hour later. now I'm just waiting for it to do its update so it won't shut off after 2 hours. Sure would be nice if they made someway to check for updates.
    Did you call the Car Connect Dept?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did you call the Car Connect Dept?
    Yes. They were very nice but had no clue. I kept telling her to just look up the mobley so she could understand what it was. She had no idea what the OBD2 port was. So I explained all of that to her. Side note. You would think that if your working in a particular industry you would want to know as much as possible. Like be on forums etc. the customer should not have to spend time on the phone educating the rep. But I find the same thing I. The car business. I have owned a few electric cars and plug in hybrids and I find myself giving the sales people way more info and teaching them then they ever tell me. Lol

Feedback Score
    Yes. They were very nice but had no clue. I kept telling her to just look up the mobley so she could understand what it was. She had no idea what the OBD2 port was. So I explained all of that to her. Side note. You would think that if your working in a particular industry you would want to know as much as possible. Like be on forums etc. the customer should not have to spend time on the phone educating the rep. But I find the same thing I. The car business. I have owned a few electric cars and plug in hybrids and I find myself giving the sales people way more info and teaching them then they ever tell me. Lol
    When I called I said I wanted to get info on the Car Connect Unlimited plan and she knew exactly what it was.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I called I said I wanted to get info on the Car Connect Unlimited plan and she knew exactly what it was.
    Well she knew all about connected car my rep just had no idea what the mobley device itself was. I'm happy I got it. Perfect for my RV. I've been testing it with Netflix on my 4K tv and it's working great. I just want it to update itself. Lol

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

$40 Unlimited ZTE Mobley LTE Hotspot Setup and Troubleshooting thread

Well she knew all about connected car my rep just had no idea what the mobley device itself was. I'm happy I got it. Perfect for my RV. I've been testing it with Netflix on my 4K tv and it's working great. I just want it to update itself. Lol
    It should soon, just keep checking the about page for the update.

Ya Netflix works great with it, we have no problems at all with Xbox live or PSN either, something that is impossible with satellite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto G LTE, Samsung Rugby Smart Nokia 6010
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My cousin's Mobley took 8 days to update the firmware. I went by her house each nite after she activated and check the firmware, and finally it did. Other than a power interuption we had for a couple of hours, it hasn't been off.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stclair49 View Post
    My cousin's Mobley took 8 days to update the firmware. I went by her house each nite after she activated and check the firmware, and finally it did. Other than a power interuption we had for a couple of hours, it hasn't been off.
    Ya my dad got his update the same day he activated, but to be fair I had his hooked up to my old timer so it didn't even have a chance to power off, and he checked it late that night so it still could have taken 8+ hrs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    Are there extra taxes with this plan? I guess it depends on the state?
    Yes, it depends on where a person lives. I assume there are some taxes, fees and surcharges involved, like all postpaid plans. But since this is data only, maybe it is different. Maybe someone who already has the plan can confirm it for you.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    Yes, it depends on where a person lives. I assume there are some taxes, fees and surcharges involved, like all postpaid plans. But since this is data only, maybe it is different. Maybe someone who already has the plan can confirm it for you.
    Since its a data only line it does have less fee's and taxes than a phone, no 911 fee etc.
    Last edited by mexican-bum; 02-21-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican-bum View Post
    It should soon, just keep checking the about page for the update.

Ya Netflix works great with it, we have no problems at all with Xbox live or PSN either, something that is impossible with satellite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got lucky it updated overnight last night. I just left it plugged in to my car since the car was plugged in to charge and I guess the OBD2 power stayed on most of the night. So now at least I have it set not to sleep. My power supply should be here today.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast