Thread: When's the last time you asked for forgiveness or admitted you were wrong?

Feedback Score

When's the last time you asked for forgiveness or admitted you were wrong?

For the last few years being thin skinned, insulting, uncouth, never admitting wrongs & never seeking forgiveness has been all the rage.

Saying sorry is an excuse. Admitting wrong, asking for forgiveness & inquiring how to make things right. Then if possible making things right is honorable & moral.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    For the last few years being thin skinned, insulting, uncouth, never admitting wrongs & never seeking forgiveness has been all the rage.

Saying sorry is an excuse. Admitting wrong, asking for forgiveness & inquiring how to make things right. Then if possible making things right is honorable & moral.
    A few days ago. Asked an employee for forgiveness for snapping at him, told him I was wrong and asked for his forgiveness for being rude.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    A few days ago. Asked an employee for forgiveness for snapping at him, told him I was wrong and asked for his forgiveness for being rude.
    Excellent! Good on you.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Excellent! Good on you.
    Saying I'm sorry when you're wrong is an easy way to gain credibility in a relationship, beit spousal, work or just a friendship.

Feedback Score
    Saying I'm wrong is more humbling than the same old sorry song.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Interesting topic, it's one that has actually been on my mind a lot lately. I think it's something more people should practice, besides we're only human.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Essential Plan
    Feedback Score
    I lost count of how many times I have had to ask forgiveness of my wife in our 28 years of marriage. She's a saint.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    I`m never wrong.

Feedback Score
    I know you're joking.

But a lot of people I've found out over the past 5 yrs. really never ask for forgiveness. Not even from loved ones. I find that despicable & ugly.

So I am asking a serious question that more & more people do not want to face.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In my opinion, saying sorry is sort of asking for forgiveness. If it's said sincerely, it is usually with the intent of not doing it again. It's when people continue to say sorry for the same act/offense where the word loses credibility.

I've never understood how people can not apologize for something they knowingly did wrong, even if it's just to themselves. Unless they are filthy rich, most will usually a very lonely, limited lifestyle. True friendships (including marriages) need to have a strong bond that survive the highs and lows of the relationship, and the only way to do that is to give credit and accepting blame when it's due.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kb7qdi View Post
    In my opinion, saying sorry is sort of asking for forgiveness. If it's said sincerely, it is usually with the intent of not doing it again. It's when people continue to say sorry for the same act/offense where the word loses credibility.
    Saying "I'm sorry" is only the start. The request for forgiveness is the point where the person who is offended implicitly agrees not to 'get even'. To forgive means the offended party pays the price (so to speak) or penalty for the offence. It is an act of grace (or mercy if you will), because I do not deserve forgiveness.

If I owe you $5, and you forgive the loan, it means you have paid the price.
    If I am owed justice, but forgo my right to justice, I have paid the price for the offence that took place.

That is why just saying I am sorry is not enough. It is only 1/2 of the 'transaction'.

Of course, forgiveness can be granted even without asking for forgiveness. I suspect we all do that several times a day.

Feedback Score
    I really try always to put my minds under myself critics. Helps me to avoid mistakes. But it is not a problem for me to say sorry. Last time I was really asking to forgive me couple month ago. My friend was cheating her husband and on emotions I told him about that.