Thread: VOLTE working for some users!!!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

VOLTE working for some users!!!

VOLTE is working for some while on the t-mobile network! this is very good news and ive been waiting for this to happen for some time now...i think it may be time for me to switch over

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Some-...etwork_id91247
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

How do I know?

So, how do I know if I'm enjoying Voice Over LTE? As I sit here, I am connected to home wifi, and to band 4 LTE. Under Settings > more > Cellular network settings, Enhanced 4G LTE Mode is turned on.

What would confirm that VOLTE is in operation? Maybe I should turn off wifi? I have no idea about these issues.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimWorthey View Post
    So, how do I know if I'm enjoying Voice Over LTE? As I sit here, I am connected to home wifi, and to band 4 LTE. Under Settings > more > Cellular network settings, Enhanced 4G LTE Mode is turned on.

What would confirm that VOLTE is in operation? Maybe I should turn off wifi? I have no idea about these issues.
    Turn off WiFi. It should then say LTE at the top. Make a phone call. If it stays on LTE, you're on VoLTE. If the LTE signal changes to something else like 4G, H, 2G, etc, then you're not on VoLTE.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

turn off wi-fi on ur phone, make a phone call during the phone call itll display HD somewhere on the screen ..during the phone call u should see the 4G LTE icon u can also download the SignalCheck Lite app to also confirm...during the phone call open the app and it should say "connect to LTE" if u see this then ur on a VOLTE call.....heres a screen shot to show what itll look like
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Feedback Score
    I just tried it and LTE changed to H while on T-Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trebordet View Post
    seems like ur not one of the lucky ones...im sure itll be rolled out to all users in like a month

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Not Yet

Quote Originally Posted by trebordet View Post
    The same for me so far. I've watched the status line on a few calls. If "LTE" indication is present, it changes to H.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The same for me so far. I've watched the status line on a few calls. If "LTE" indication is present, it changes to H.
    I think the real test would be in an LTE-only market, like parts of SD and N MI. It's no test of VoLTE if the phone drops back to UMTS in a multi-mode service area. That just says the network wants to use UMTS.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Subtle change

When I wrote #2 and #7, I was getting a tiny LTE indication in the status line (or whatever it is called) at the top edge of the screen. Now Signal Spy says that I have Band 4 LTE, but I no longer get the tiny LTE at the top. This change is in effect over a day or two, it's not a momentary change. Of course I have no idea how to interpret these events.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    7 months later since this post....did VOLTE roll out to everyone? whos able to use it?