Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Hookup Code?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    My plan is to open a new ONE account in my wife's name and apply for the free line and also the Hook Up code at the same time. Do you know if a Google voice qualifies as a port in line for this promo?
    Yes Google Voice should work fine... I used a AT&T GoPhone $2 a day plan for net cost of $10. I had an AT&T SIM around the house. From what I hear Google Voice works too. You can check reddit to be sure though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    My plan is to open a new ONE account in my wife's name and apply for the free line and also the Hook Up code at the same time. Do you know if a Google voice qualifies as a port in line for this promo?
    You already have a hookup code? Or do you mean you will apply for one?

Feedback Score
    I went to a store and used my Google Voice line and got a Hookup code from the rep. I now have 3 new lines and intend to port in my Simple Choice lines to this account. I put the new account in my wife's name, and already have the on line manager set up. Does anyone know how to port lines from one TM account to another? The rep said it is possible to do on line, but I can't find any info on that.

If this all goes as planned, it should be a pretty sweet deal. The 20% will cover the loss of my 15% discount, and the paid junk fees will take up the slack on the higher line charges with the KickBack factored in.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    d e l e t e d
    Last edited by vegasflyby; 03-04-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How is everyone getting these codes? I'm porting to at&t prepaid (from T-Mobile prepaid) to get in on the free iPhone 7 deal. Starting the 3 for 100$ deal.

Feedback Score
    How long does it take for the online account to show the discount? Opened a new account with 3 lines on 3/2. Ported an outside number in on the same day. Rep said hookup was applied and I am supposed to get $80 per month for 3 lines. But I don't see it in the online account. Called 611, the lady answering the phone had no clue and said she could not find anything about 20% discount on my account.

Feedback Score
    I'm curious about this also. I used the code at the promotion site, but it's kind of ambiguous when you finish. No big banner with "Congratulations" or similar. Fortunately the HookUp promo runs until the end of the month I believe, so there is plenty of time to get it straightened out. I'm giving it until Sunday when my rep is working to see something official that the code was accepted and the discount is in place. Once that happens I'm porting all my lines over to the new account.

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Hookup Code?

Quote Originally Posted by bay View Post
    How long does it take for the online account to show the discount? Opened a new account with 3 lines on 3/2. Ported an outside number in on the same day. Rep said hookup was applied and I am supposed to get $80 per month for 3 lines. But I don't see it in the online account. Called 611, the lady answering the phone had no clue and said she could not find anything about 20% discount on my account.
    Mine happened same day as port in. I got a text saying congrats you've got the 20% discount. My first bill shows the discount too which showed up a few days later. Did you check your hookup status in the promo lookup?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I didn't think it was possible to port lines from one TM account to another. Let me know if you get this done successfully.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pete9976 View Post
    I didn't think it was possible to port lines from one TM account to another. Let me know if you get this done successfully.
    It's possible, but it's not a port. It's called "transfer of responsibility".
    T-Mobile ONE - Three unlimited lines for for $80

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    i have a question please. I sign up for a new account today the 2/100 with the third line free. I ported over one of my lines from ATT. the guy at the store since i knew him gave me his hook up code and set it up... The other two lines i would like to port my wife and daughter over but she has t mobile. will that mess anything up? technically its a new account and i did a port on one of the lines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bay View Post
    Go here:

https://promotions.t-mobile.com/OrderSearch

Type in the number you ported over along with the zip code 33647 in the middle section of the screen.

On the next screen it should say The T-Mobile Hookup, click view.

It will then tell you if you got approved or not.

Quote Originally Posted by s2000gtx View Post
    i have a question please. I sign up for a new account today the 2/100 with the third line free. I ported over one of my lines from ATT. the guy at the store since i knew him gave me his hook up code and set it up... The other two lines i would like to port my wife and daughter over but she has t mobile. will that mess anything up? technically its a new account and i did a port on one of the lines.
    It's not a matter of messing it up. It's that T-Mobile doesn't like porting in its own numbers. As someone mentioned above one can do a Change of Responsibility but that adds the lines to the lines you already have on your account which you do not want. Because if you only want three lines for $100, you can't cancel any lines for 12 months and get credit for the free line.

My suggestion would be to port your wife's lines to another carrier briefly. Then port them back into your account onto the new lines they created for you. Some have suggestion that AT&T Go Phone is an inexpensive way to do this at a cost of about $12 per line. But you can switch her to any carrier you want and then use that carrier's account info to port in.

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    hmm okay only problem with that is that shes on the iPhone 7 upgrade promotion from last year so porting out she would look that credit.

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Go here:

https://promotions.t-mobile.com/OrderSearch

Type in the number you ported over along with the zip code 33647 in the middle section of the screen.

On the next screen it should say The T-Mobile Hookup, click view.

It will then tell you if you got approved or not.

It's not a matter of messing it up. It's that T-Mobile doesn't like porting in its own numbers. As someone mentioned above one can do a Change of Responsibility but that adds the lines to the lines you already have on your account which you do not want. Because if you only want three lines for $100, you can't cancel any lines for 12 months and get credit for the free line.

My suggestion would be to port your wife's lines to another carrier briefly. Then port them back into your account onto the new lines they created for you. Some have suggestion that AT&T Go Phone is an inexpensive way to do this at a cost of about $12 per line. But you can switch her to any carrier you want and then use that carrier's account info to port in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by s2000gtx View Post
    hmm okay only problem with that is that shes on the iPhone 7 upgrade promotion from last year so porting out she would look that credit.
    You can request that T-Mobile move that line over to your account and keep her credit. But I think the rules of the iphone 7 promotion is that you have to keep existing service active to keep the credit. I'd be concerned that if you move the lines, the credits would stop showing up.

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You can request that T-Mobile move that line over to your account and keep her credit. But I think the rules of the iphone 7 promotion is that you have to keep existing service active to keep the credit. I'd be concerned that if you move the lines, the credits would stop showing up.
    upon speaking to them they said that it wouldnt mess up the credit. im just trying to make sure that it wouldn't mess up my hook up credit either.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast