Thread: Call forwarding settings grayed out

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket CDMA $10 Essentials
    Feedback Score

Call forwarding settings grayed out

I'd like to forward my calls to Google Voice so I get an email when a voice message is left. I have an LG Phoenix 2 GoPhone activated on Airvoice. CS at AV says my Call Forwarding is enabled. When I go through the setting to set up the Call Forwarding to my Google Voice Number, the CF settings are all grayed out, and I get Service Unavailable after each step going through the call settings.

Anyone else have this issue or any ideas to resolve? CS says to do a master reset but I really don't want to do that.
    TZ

Feedback Score
    You don't need call forwarding for that. Disable your carrier voicemail, tell them to set ring time to maximum time, set your GV number to ring your cell, call your cell, but don't answer, and you'll see it works. I know this from experience .

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    You don't need call forwarding for that. Disable your carrier voicemail, tell them to set ring time to maximum time, set your GV number to ring your cell, call your cell, but don't answer, and you'll see it works. I know this from experience .
    Thanks for the quick response. So this will work for all calls placed to my Airvoice phone number? I'll be in a situation where I will not be able to check my voicemail for several days, but want to make sure I can retrieve voice messages.

Feedback Score
    No. I made the assumption that you do as I do, which is give people only my Google Voice number. I have Google Voice set to call any cells, etc that I want to ring, and also have Google Voice set to send my cell a text transcript of any GV voicemails. That's the way I use GV.

Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. So this will work for all calls placed to my Airvoice phone number? I'll be in a situation where I will not be able to check my voicemail for several days, but want to make sure I can retrieve voice messages.

Feedback Score
    Yes, you would still be able to check Google Voice voicemails via PC, landline, etc.

Feedback Score
    After reading my posts, clarify what you mean by "So this will work for all calls placed to my Airvoice phone number?".

Feedback Score
    What you are trying to accomplish, if I understood correctly, would be trivial to accomplish if you port your desired known number to Google Voice for $20. I did that years ago, so my actual mobile phone number is irrelevant to anyone except Google Voice.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just want to temporarily forward my calls coming to my Airvoice number to my Google Voice number so that I get Gmail messages of the text. I'll have email access and no phone access. This is for a period of time that we'll be out of the country but don't want to miss calls in case they are urgent.