Page 303 of 330 FirstFirst ... 203 253 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 4943

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does the Mobley get a better signal and faster speeds if it's moved to a different area with the car with the adapter plugged into the port? I can tape it above the port if it leads to faster speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Update, from a user who has had the Mobley since the beginning.

I’ve lost count how many months I’ve had my SIM in a Unite Explore. Probably 3 weeks after this $20 plan came out. Anyway it’s still been smooth sailing. I’m actually considering going back to the Mobley since almost all my usage is in my car and it’s a bit annoying having to remember to turn off the Unite Explore, or wait 5 minutes for it to turn on because the battery is at 0% since it’s always paired with the android phone I have in my dock which I use for GPS and my radar detector. But it still works perfectly and my total after tax is $22 a month. You can’t beat this deal for unlimited data. I don’t abuse it but use around 30GB a month, mostly in streaming video, app updates, and sometimes downloads. Turned off stream saver and it’s great getting unthrottled video.

Is the Unite Explore still the best hotspot, or has AT&T announced a new one since March?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Does the Mobley get a better signal and faster speeds if it's moved to a different area with the car with the adapter plugged into the port? I can tape it above the port if it leads to faster speeds.
    It does for me at home. Plugged in the car OBD I got HSPA+. Inside the house I get LTE. This is in a moderately poor signal area. Down in the footwell of the car the body blocks the signal. Up on the dashboard would be better.

I can get it up on the dashboard easily. I have a USB power supply for it and the car has a USB port that supplies power.

I took it on a long road trip to the eclipse with it plugged in the car OBD it worked well enough that I wouldn't fiddle with an extension cord in good signal areas. I also pulled it from the car and used it in hotel rooms when the hotel Wifi was unusable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mossme89 View Post
    I’ve lost count how many months I’ve had my SIM in a Unite Explore. Probably 3 weeks after this $20 plan came out. Anyway it’s still been smooth sailing. I’m actually considering going back to the Mobley since almost all my usage is in my car and it’s a bit annoying having to remember to turn off the Unite Explore, or wait 5 minutes for it to turn on because the battery is at 0% since it’s always paired with the android phone I have in my dock which I use for GPS and my radar detector. But it still works perfectly and my total after tax is $22 a month. You can’t beat this deal for unlimited data. I don’t abuse it but use around 30GB a month, mostly in streaming video, app updates, and sometimes downloads. Turned off stream saver and it’s great getting unthrottled video.

Is the Unite Explore still the best hotspot, or has AT&T announced a new one since March?
    The Unite Explore is the current top-of-the-line unit. Due to it's advantages (3x CA, Band 30, etc.) it may exhibit better performance than the Mobley (depending on local circumstances) but for in-car use the Mobley isn't a bad choice since its ability to run on 12 volts naively, turn on and off automatically, etc. is handy in that environment, and maybe more important than a little extra speed. The Mobley is far from high end but for its intended purpose it works pretty well.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    The Unite Explore is the current top-of-the-line unit. Due to it's advantages (3x CA, Band 30, etc.) it may exhibit better performance than the Mobley (depending on local circumstances) but for in-car use the Mobley isn't a bad choice since its ability to run on 12 volts naively, turn on and off automatically, etc. is handy in that environment, and maybe more important than a little extra speed. The Mobley is far from high end but for its intended purpose it works pretty well.
    Whatever happened to the Samsung connect auto? It was supposed to be like the Mobley but on newer and better LTE hardware. It was cancelled after the Note 7 issue, then supposed to be reintroduced with the S8 and Note 8 but idk what happened.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alg20 View Post
    Attachment 154349I Recieved Mines from AT&T yesterday and this is how it looks. They opened it up and installed the sim but the unit it self looks used. Haven't powered it up yet.
    That box is different. Can you post more pictures and other info like the model and firmware info?

Device(s)
    sanyo 5500
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score

Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 89MustangGX View Post
    That box is different. Can you post more pictures and other info like the model and firmware info?
    In taking more pics I noticed on the box it said original package as damaged so this is a replacement box.
    Model # VM6200
    Haven't fired it up to get firmware info.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1507257617.902286.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  95.1 KB

Device(s)
    I Phone5s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So what happens when the Mobley device dies or is run over by your car. What do you do with the SIM? Can’t buy another Mobley. Guess you’ll just have to put it in a Unite......
    Roy B
    South of Boston
    Avid RVer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rbertalotto View Post
    So what happens when the Mobley device dies or is run over by your car. What do you do with the SIM? Can’t buy another Mobley. Guess you’ll just have to put it in a Unite......
    My biggest fear is someone stealing it and the $20 Unlimited SIM with it. It's in my center console via USB power, but if they dug around enough they might just swipe it because it's there...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    My biggest fear is someone stealing it and the $20 Unlimited SIM with it. It's in my center console via USB power, but if they dug around enough they might just swipe it because it's there...
    If it gets stolen then it would the same as with any other device, AT&T would simply disactivate the SIM and issue you a new one (which you could use in a hotspot.) You'd lose the Mobley but you wouldn't lose the plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alg20 View Post
    In taking more pics I noticed on the box it said original package as damaged so this is a replacement box.
    Model # VM6200
    Haven't fired it up to get firmware info.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1507257617.902286.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  95.1 KB
    That explains it- though odd that it would happen. Sounds like exact same device.

What plan did you end up with?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    If it gets stolen then it would the same as with any other device, AT&T would simply disactivate the SIM and issue you a new one (which you could use in a hotspot.) You'd lose the Mobley but you wouldn't lose the plan.
    Really? Even if the plan is no longer available, this is still the case?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by novaredskin View Post
    Really? Even if the plan is no longer available, this is still the case?
    Yes, because you're not adding a line, just replacing a sim on an existing line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mossme89 View Post
    Whatever happened to the Samsung connect auto? It was supposed to be like the Mobley but on newer and better LTE hardware. It was cancelled after the Note 7 issue, then supposed to be reintroduced with the S8 and Note 8 but idk what happened.
    Website still says coming soon. No new info has been released. I'm wondering if they will ever release it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
    Now that this and the Tablet plan are dead is ATT keeping the addon hotspots? Where if you have two unlimited phone lines you can add a hotspot as the third line for $30 and its unlimited data?
    The tablet plans are gone too? I hadn't heard about that. And yes for now on the unlimited plans you can still add a hotspot for $30. You can't add WHPI anymore tho.

Page 303 of 330 FirstFirst ... 203 253 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... LastLast