Page 1 of 326 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

The other ZTE Mobley Thread title was no longer accurate, and couldn't edit the first page.

FAQ

ZTE Mobley Original Users Guide
    https://d28dq596ebml6z.cloudfront.ne..._-_10.6MB_.pdf

ZTE Mobley AT&T Page
    https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobl...sku=sku7700323

What is a ZTE Mobley? It’s an AT&T OBD2 vehicle LTE hotspot, AT&T lists it as a Connected Car device

Why is the ZTE Mobley so Special? Since its a Connected Car device it is eligible for Unlimited Data through AT&T Unlimited plans or Stand-Alone Unlimited plan, both are $20, which makes it a low cost Unlimited Data hotspot. But what really makes it unique is it can be also used outside of the vehicle and in your home which is great for people that don’t have access to good broadband internet or just needs an unlimited hotspot. (If you where on the old $40 mobley stand-alone plan your account will automatically update to $20 plan)

Where do I purchase a ZTE Mobley? ATT store, online, ebay, amazon, best buy etc

How do I use a ZTE Mobley outside of a vehicle? You will need to purchase a third party AC power supply/adapter from either ebay or amazon
    Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8CEDBU...et_detail_page
    Ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/252795108449?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Att-ZTE-Mobl...c=1&rmvSB=true
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZTE-Mobley-D...oAAOSwCU1Yq1MU

Why is my Mobley turning off after 30 minutes/2 hours? The Mobley is designed to power off in your vehicle to prevent it from running your battery dead, this is called the “Power Save” feature; you will need to turn this feature off in the ZTE Mobley settings.

Turning off “Power Save” feature
    While connected to the Mobley in a web browser enter its default IP address 192.168.1.1, it will bring up the device home page and ask for a password, enter “attadmin” then press login
    Then go to Settings/Advanced/Power Save from the drop down list chose “No Time out” option, then press Apply

Name:  mobley2.PNG
Views: 20613
Size:  32.5 KB

My ZTE Mobley doesn’t show the “No time out” option under Power Save? The Mobley needs the latest firmware in order to have the “No time out” option, the latest firmware is VM6200V1.0.1

Set the Mobley to 2hr setting until it downloads the newer firmware.

How do I tell which firmware version I am on? It’s located on the “About” page

How long does it take before it updates to the newer firmware version? Not really sure, could be within an hour to a couple of days. The mobley must be powered on to download the firmware so once it powers off simply unplug and replug(power cycle) to start the 2 hour timer again. After you have power cycled it a couple times check to see if it downloaded the firmware update, if it did you can now change to “no time out” option

If you have the updated firmware and still not seeing the "No Time Out" option then try a different web browser(chrome is usually and mobile browsers sometimes don't show it)

How do I get the ZTE Mobley to allow more than 5 WIFI devices to connect or how do I increase ZTE Mobley's WIFI range? The ZTE Mobley has a 5 wifi device limit,there is many ways to get around this but my preferred method for simplicity is a DDWRT flashed router. If you don’t know how to flash DDWRT firmware to a router you can Google it or purchase one already flashed. Once you have a DDWRT router I actually wrote some really crude instructions on how to use it for my dad and posted a while back. It’s available here.
    ZTE Mobley.pdf

How much data can I use on the ZTE Mobley? If you have one of the Unlimited Plans its 22 GB then deprioritzed, so far AT&T is very lenient on deprioritization and rarely slows speeds(I personally as of 2/18/17 have never seen it, most users report 100GB + at full speeds)

Why does the ZTE Mobley have slower data speeds than my phone? The ZTE Mobley is an LTE device but it doesn’t support Carrier Aggregation.

What are typical speeds of the Mobley? This of course varies greatly due to many factors including time of day, tower congestion, etc but you should expect at the very least 10 Mbps but more than likely will receive between 20-40 Mbps.(up to 150 Mbps theoretical)

How do I increase my Mobley speeds? The best way to increase speeds is to get better signal, you can view the current signal strength on the "about page" Lower the dBM the better, (-100 is better signal than -108)

I found simply flipping the Mobley upside down or on its side can sometimes increase signal, it seems very sensitive to orientation, also placing in a window facing the tower can help a lot.

If willing to take the mobley apart you can add-on antenna's, I actually tried it and it does work.

Mobley uses MS156 connectors, thanks to "tentious" in the Rural internet thread for the correct connector.

Name:  IMG_7777.jpg
Views: 19527
Size:  43.2 KBName:  IMG_7778.jpg
Views: 19275
Size:  46.2 KBName:  IMG_7780.jpg
Views: 19132
Size:  36.3 KBName:  IMG_7781.jpg
Views: 19357
Size:  39.7 KB

Also a big thanks to everyone that help contribute a lot of this info especially:
    Brad2388 helped me with original timer design and validated what I was seeing
    Brobot started the hacking thread
    Guest03 found out about stand-alone plan
    jason559 found out plan is now only $20
    and many others I am forgetting

Previous ZTE Mobley thread please read through at least the first one as a lot of questions have been already answered :-)
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hooting-thread

older threads from last year.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ed-Plans/page6
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Hotspot-for-40
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...outside-a-car)

Plans
    Stand-alone plans go on a new separate account and you can have a maximum of 3 at $20 each.
    If you have the Unlimited plan then each is a $20 add-on

Connected Car Plan Overview.pdf
    https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1084827

Connected Car Dept # 1 (866) 595-1222

ZTE Mobley Connected Car Fine Print about plan

AT&T Connected Car Unlimited Plan: U.S. only. Consumer and Individual Responsibility Users only. Eligibility: Requires eligible vehicle, eligible aftermarket device and new or existing AT&T wireless account. Data Restrictions: After 22GB of data usage on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot in a bill cycle, for the rest of the cycle AT&T may slow data speeds on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot during periods of network congestion. Pricing: $20 per aftermarket device monthly plan charge (3 aftermarket devices on plan results in $60 monthly plan charge). Devices: Sold separately. Limits: 3 aftermarket devices per plan. Hotspot: Connects up to 5 Wi-Fi capable devices per vehicle hotspot. Devices connected to vehicle’s hotspot use data from your plan. Once a device connects, it will automatically reconnect and use data from your plan unless hotspot is removed from returning device settings or hotspot password is changed. Performance varies based on number of devices connected and other factors. Video Streaming: Plan includes Stream Saver, which allows you to save data by streaming higher definition video at Standard Definition quality (about 480p). AT&T will activate it. Check your account online to see if active. You may then turn it off or back on at any time at att.com/myatt. Stream saver will not recognize all video content. Ability to stream & video resolution vary, and are affected by other factors. Restrictions apply. See att.com/streamsaver for details. International: Wi-Fi hotspot functionality not available outside of U.S. General Wireless Service Terms: Subject to Wireless Customer Agreement (see att.com/wca). Services are not for resale. Credit approval and deposit may apply. Other Monthly Charges per Line: May include taxes, fed. & state universal svc. charges, Reg. Cost Recovery Charge (up to $1.25), gross receipts surcharge, Admin. Fee, & certain gov’t assessments which are not gov’t req’d charges. Pricing, promotions & terms subject to change & may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. Coverage & svc. not avail. everywhere. You get an off-net (roaming) usage allowance for each vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot. If you exceed the allowance, your svc(s) may be restricted or terminated. Other restr’s apply & may result in svc termination.
    Last edited by mexican-bum; 03-02-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    AT&T Unlimited Plus with Netgear DC112A
    $20 Mobley stand-alone hotspot for home internet

Unlimited ZTE Mobely Hotspot

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Will store be able to hook me up with $20 standalone Mobley plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    On call with car dept. rep is looking into it. So far he is saying that I have to switch to Unlimited Share Plan, then line access is $20 but otherwise it's $40. Please provide source to $20 standalone plan and specific plan code or any reference when asking telephone sales

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    On call with car dept. rep is looking into it. So far he is saying that I have to switch to Unlimited Share Plan, then line access is $20 but otherwise it's $40. Please provide source to $20 standalone plan and specific plan code or any reference when asking telephone sales

It is literally brand new, jason559 was the first person to get it that I have seen, but have them look at the mobley page, as it does list the new $20 price in the fine print on the bottom

Feedback Score
    I'm betting this is meant to be used with the new AT&T unlimited plans. It's meant to be read as "add this device to your unlimited plan for just $20" as per the additional line fees listed at https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/unlimited-plan.html

I'll agree that the way it's worded is not very clear. And I may be wrong. I would love to see what other people's experience with this is.

But I'm betting the $40 standalone unlimited plan is now gone, and it's been meshed into the the new AT&T unlimited plans. Meaning you could get this device and the unlimited plan for $90/mo (or $60/mo if you want to be limited to 3mbps) or add the Mobley to a multi-line unlimited and pay $145/mo (or $115/mo if limited to 3mbps) as your second device. Or add the Mobley for $20 more if you have more than 2 devices.

That's my guess. Makes sense that way.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    I'm betting this is meant to be used with the new AT&T unlimited plans. It's meant to be read as "add this device to your unlimited plan for just $20" as per the additional line fees listed at https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/unlimited-plan.html

I'll agree that the way it's worded is not very clear. And I may be wrong. I would love to see what other people's experience with this is.

But I'm betting the $40 standalone unlimited plan is now gone, and it's been meshed into the the new AT&T unlimited plans. Meaning you could get this device and the unlimited plan for $90/mo (or $60/mo if you want to be limited to 3mbps) or add the Mobley to a multi-line unlimited and pay $145/mo (or $115/mo if limited to 3mbps) as your second device. Or add the Mobley for $20 more if you have more than 2 devices.

That's my guess. Makes sense that way.
    People with stand-alone plans that were paying $40 already confirmed their account updated to the new $20 price

Feedback Score
    $20! Stand alone as well! That is awesome!

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mloboy View Post
    $20! Stand alone as well! That is awesome!
    Yep! AT&T is in a good mood today!

Feedback Score
    But did they also have other AT&T services? Perhaps they upgraded to the new unlimited plan and the system automatically switched their Mobley over to the extra $20/mo fee. Or maybe it's just a glitch.

I don't know. The way I explained it (or at least the way I understand what I wrote in my head) makes sense to me. It'd be great if I'm wrong.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    But did they also have other AT&T services? Perhaps they upgraded to the new unlimited plan and the system automatically switched their Mobley over to the extra $20/mo fee. Or maybe it's just a glitch.

I don't know. The way I explained it (or at least the way I understand what I wrote in my head) makes sense to me. It'd be great if I'm wrong.
    The stand-alone plans are on separate accounts no other att services required.

Also I have my mobley's on my unlimited att plan, mine still show $40..... but that will change tomorrow

Feedback Score
    This is like Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    MB, most of your links are broken or go nowhere
    Only seems like the attachments work

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    MB, most of your links are broken or go nowhere
    Only seems like the attachments work
    Thanks, I fixed, trying to think of things that I need to add, as unfortunately after a couple a days I won't be able to edit the post anymore

Feedback Score
    I've run into that problem, the only solution is to pm a mod and ask to re-edit
    Oh, I have a question. Is it 22Gb per device? or if you have more than 1 device on the account you share/pool that 22GB? These have gotten so cheap that I'll probably get one myself and/or one for my brother, but I was curious how the deprioritization data cap was set up

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    I've run into that problem, the only solution is to pm a mod and ask to re-edit
    Oh, I have a question. Is it 22Gb per device? or if you have more than 1 device on the account you share/pool that 22GB? These have gotten so cheap that I'll probably get one myself and/or one for my brother, but I was curious how the deprioritization data cap was set up
    The 22 GB deprioritization is per device

Page 1 of 326 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast