Page 328 of 330 FirstFirst ... 228 278 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 4946

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cocky01 View Post
    I received the line from someone and everyone at att seems to say it will fall off ; Sorry should have been more clear , so yesterday was my first day of service and i saw the $300 amount as soon as i was able to log in to the account , although billing says no bill has populated yet. I have 1 day of service left on this billing period
    I AOLed a line to my name and didn’t see this. They just prorated the charges.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone SE, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    I AOLed a line to my name and didn’t see this. They just prorated the charges.
    I'll add that I AOLed it to cocky01—for context, the Mobley was bought outright and the line was paid up (not sure how you could even get $300 out of a $20/month plan that has only been active since April), it looks like the plan and line transferred successfully, but I'm just as puzzled as to why that would be appearing.

Feedback Score
    i was hoping it may have a happened to others would make me feel better however i do have a chat transcript where it's said i won't have to pay it. however after being quoted a price on my wifes account that was never honored it will more than likely be a fight i'm sure if it sticks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    In regards to the NightHawk over the Unite Explore. If you already have an Explore working with your wifi router, don't bother with the NightHawk, for now. I find mine more buggy and needs weekly reboots, it's reception is not as good and the device is giving me less throughput than my explore. Adding the external panel atntenna does not help, I get the same signal strength with it on or off. I suspect the antenna ports are off or not connected. The antenna works fine on the Explore. Maybe future updates will help.
    the explore.
    The Nighthawk is definitely a step up from the Mobley, but I doubt it's better than a Unite Explore in most locations. WiFi range is so-so, sometimes it takes two or three attempts to connect, and the firmware options are fairly limited.

I do think that the antenna jacks are functional on mine. I plugged in one of those diamond-shaped "35dBi" panel antennas, and saw a couple of dB improvement, and download speed seems faster and more consistent.

Feedback Score
    I would like to put one of my Mobley SIMs into my iPad air. However, the iPad takes the nano SIM and the Mobley uses the Micro and cutting down the Mobley SIM is something I do NOT want to do.

Has anyone asked AT&T to provision a different sized SIM for their Mobley account? If so, what's the process?

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpainter View Post
    I would like to put one of my Mobley SIMs into my iPad air. However, the iPad takes the nano SIM and the Mobley uses the Micro and cutting down the Mobley SIM is something I do NOT want to do.

Has anyone asked AT&T to provision a different sized SIM for their Mobley account? If so, what's the process?

Thank you
    I've heard that AT&T will activate a nano SIM for you if you ask. I took the Mobley SIM card and cut it to nano size for my iPad. Is there a reason you don't want to do that?

I bought a SIM card cutter from eBay or Amazon (I don't remember which). They cost about $5, and with that you cannot mess it up! You can still easily use the SIM card in your Mobley. If you don't already have an adapter, just use the part you cut off as an adapter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlgwi View Post
    I've heard that AT&T will activate a nano SIM for you if you ask. I took the Mobley SIM card and cut it to nano size for my iPad. Is there a reason you don't want to do that?

I bought a SIM card cutter from eBay or Amazon (I don't remember which). They cost about $5, and with that you cannot mess it up!
    I have a Mobley and wouldn’t risk losing the $20 / month unlimited plan. So far the Mobley has been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'd just cut it down to size - I've done that a few times with SIM cards and it always works no problem.
    Those SIM cutter tools are cheap and get the job done for sure

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    What's crazy is that people on DSL reports are still saying that they are ordering Mobley's online with the 1gb plan and then calling in to get it switched to the $20 unlimited connected car. Just like the old days. I'm surprised this is still going on since the plan has been grandfathered for awhile now.

Nonetheless the people that have the Nighthawk, is it worth it over the Explore? Just for the wifi, no tethering or ethernet. I probably won't use the Ethernet so I'm just wondering what it has been like in everyday use. Debating over getting one and swapping my Explore or getting one and adding it to my Unlimited plan.
    this is true and i said this a few pages back....i talk now talk with 10 reps that all said the same and that is to order online and call to change plans,they still offer the plan but just not online u have to call in to get the car plan..if u already have a device just call in to get the car plan so yes the plan is still alive!

i was really thinking about getting the N Hawk but kinda waiting for more real reviews, i have the unite explore love the hardware but the software is really bad alot of bugs, i bought mine on ebay so couldnt really return it, if bought from att direct then u can always take it back even after 30 days..wish i would of bought the mobley out right vs getting the 2 year contract, could of used the 2 year contract for the N hawk but i was worry that the plan wasnt going be around long and thought that unite explore was the newest hotspot well it was back in july when i got the car plan
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How is the explore software buggy? I bought one from ebay as well, plugged it in with the netgear external antenna and it's been working fine. I've had it plugged in 24/7 for about 3-4 months now. Only minor issue I've noticed is that it seems to stop charging about every couple of weeks. It's always plugged in, and I know it's got a recondition feature, but it's only supposed to let it drop to a certain level, then kick back on. I forget right now what that level is, I think in the low 90% range, but I have seen mine as low as 48% while still plugged in. I just unplug it and plug back in, then we're good to go again. Not worth spending another $200 or so for a new device, can't afford it anyway, and I don't think the advanced CA and other features would do me any good, rural, lots of trees, and congestion at peak times.

The only other possible issue is it switches bands often, in my rural area from 2 to 12 to 5, but that's probably due to tower/congestion issues more than the explores fault. I'm just guessing on that though.
    "Follow Your Bliss" - Joseph Cambell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    asus dual wan functionality is crap. you can possibly use the hardware but will need to find firmware to run on it that is not asus or based on asus
    What router would you recommend for dual WAN bonding in general? As long as it has USB tether - I've looked at the gil options but I want a bigger, badder router with more bells and whistles.

Feedback Score
    my united explore keep stucking at band5 getting less than 5mbps but my phone with att lte can get 50+ mbps. wth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlgwi View Post

I bought a SIM card cutter from eBay or Amazon (I don't remember which). They cost about $5, and with that you cannot mess it up! You can still easily use the SIM card in your Mobley. If you don't already have an adapter, just use the part you cut off as an adapter.
    Yep . . . there's a reason . . . I'm chicken and don't want to risk messing it up!

Feedback Score
    anybody using the explore have it drop data connection after about 10 minutes? I switched sims and replicated the problem, used just the unite explore itself and replicated the problem (i usually have it tethered to ASUS router). However I put the explore in my car on the way to work and it seemed to stay connected for the hour drive. The only constant when it dropped was i was using an old S7 that had no service to download something on showbox over wifi.

Feedback Score
    updates: (5 mobleys lines)
    Upgraded 1 Mobley to a Nighthawk M1 LTE went ok. Received M1, pull SIM in Mobley put in M1. After 50s days, billings for the line still say Unlimited Data for $20 + tax-fees ($2.xx) per month. However, extended the contract a few months added.
    Upgraded 1 another Mobley to a iPhone 8 for additional $38.xx/month (for 30 months). Received the iPhone, but kept the SIM in Mobley. After 30 days, the line still on Unlimited Data $20 + tax per month. The billing states this line has extra $38.xx/month. No months added to contract.

Kept 3 other Mobleys in place untouched. What do you think I should try to do with the rest 3 other Mobleys lines?

Page 328 of 330 FirstFirst ... 228 278 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 LastLast