Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easiest way to contact Straight Talk to make number to be ported

Feedback Score

Easiest way to contact Straight Talk to make number to be ported

Is there a department to contact or an easy process to port you number from Straight Talk? My understanding is that you have to make them aware you want to port your number before another carrier can pick it up. Can the on-line chat handle that? Any thought or tips would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my A0001 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If you have the correct account information, you do everything through your new prospective carrier. You must start the transfer while the number is still active on the old carrier. Do not cancel your line first. You will lose your number if you do so.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Funny, when I wanted to transfer my phone number from Straight Talk to Tracfone, I was told by the Tracfone CS Rep that I first have to obtain "permission" from Straight Talk to release the number - they won't accept the number until "permission" from Straight Talk is obtained first. I said the hell with it and moved on to do business with another company.

Feedback Score
    Try this number: 1-866-806-1840

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusWarrior View Post
    Funny, when I wanted to transfer my phone number from Straight Talk to Tracfone, I was told by the Tracfone CS Rep that I first have to obtain "permission" from Straight Talk to release the number - they won't accept the number until "permission" from Straight Talk is obtained first. I said the hell with it and moved on to do business with another company.
    That happened because Straight Talk and Tracfone are operated by the same company.

Feedback Score
    I Ported from Straight Talk to Tmobile no notification to straight talk. Port started at 10pm was not finished by 11pm. Got up at 6 am and port complete.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    I Ported from Straight Talk to Tmobile no notification to straight talk. Port started at 10pm was not finished by 11pm. Got up at 6 am and port complete.
    That is exactly what I wanted to do. I get my T-Mobile SIM this Friday and was going to port my number over. Just looking for the easiest way without hours on the phone or arguing with anyone. So, sounds like as long as I have the information they will do it without a formal release then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    If you have the correct account information, you do everything through your new prospective carrier. You must start the transfer while the number is still active on the old carrier. Do not cancel your line first. You will lose your number if you do so.
    Thank you so hoping there are no issues...looks like will just give T-Mobile the information and say nothing to straight talk then.

Feedback Score
    I just moved from ST to Boom Mobile today. Gave Boom the ST account number, which was the sim number, no PIN. In about 45 minutes lost service to ST/ATT, plugged in the Boom sim and was on Verizon.

Was expecting trouble on the ST end but it went smoothly.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like BS from TracFone. I bet if you used their website to do the port in, it would have probably worked.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWarrior View Post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Acee View Post
    I just moved from ST to Boom Mobile today. Gave Boom the ST account number, which was the sim number, no PIN. In about 45 minutes lost service to ST/ATT, plugged in the Boom sim and was on Verizon.

Was expecting trouble on the ST end but it went smoothly.
    Thank you for your response did you have a Straight Talk phone or a BYOD? I understand that on BYOD the account number is different then the SIM. Regardless, I am giving T-Mobile everything not contacting ST and hoping for the best. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Mine was a BYOD. I had no idea what my account number and PIN were so I chatted with ST via their Facebook page. I only ask them about account number and PIN, not about transferring away from ST. The A/N is the last 15 digits of the ST SIM and there was no PIN. I asked them this about a month before the move and then again a day before the move. Same answer both times. Boom CS seemed a little leary about the long A/N and no PIN but they processed it and it went smoothly from my perspective.

Feedback Score
    Every port is different!

I went from Straight Talk to Cricket...... Port was finished 2 minutes after the clerk submitted it.

Went from Cricket to Total Wireless..... Port was finished in about 5 minutes after I submitted it online.

LONGEST PORT was from AT&T to Straight Talk. 4 days.

Make sure you provide ALL the information for a successful port (acct #, imed, pin #, and any other information required).

Porting from/to a landline takes forever (ex. AT&T to Charter, etc)

Feedback Score
    Quick update my port from Straight Talk went without an issue. I provided the account number and pin and that was it. It did take about three hours but very thankful it was not an issue. Thank you all who commented on this topic and provided great information.

Feedback Score
    What account number and what is the pin?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast