Thread: New Brother Printer

Feedback Score

New Brother Printer

Just got my new Brother HL2300Ld printer in and set up .This is a basic monotone laser printer and my first laser printer. My other printers always used ink cartridges. It`s replacing a printer maybe a year old that went thru expensive ink fast and currently was printing crappy even after running head cleanings. Which by the way suck up even more ink. I hope I made a good choice , the reviews I read were pretty much all positive. Anybody here using basic Brother laser printers? How they holding up for you?

Feedback Score
    Well I know it`s only been a short time using this printer but if it holds up well I`m TOTALLY pleased with it.

Feedback Score
    After a months use I am very pleased with the Brother. Just bought a new Lenovo 510s desktop computer and the printer hooked right up to it without doing anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Packerjim View Post
    Just got my new Brother HL2300Ld printer in and set up .This is a basic monotone laser printer and my first laser printer. My other printers always used ink cartridges. It`s replacing a printer maybe a year old that went thru expensive ink fast and currently was printing crappy even after running head cleanings. Which by the way suck up even more ink. I hope I made a good choice , the reviews I read were pretty much all positive. Anybody here using basic Brother laser printers? How they holding up for you?
    I bought a HL-2270DW a few years ago. It's great. I am totally pleased. It cost about $75. It has Wifi so I can put it anywhere. The duplex printing is great. I was spending $75 a year in ink cartridges. Inkjets are a total ripoff. The Brother brand toner cartridges are reasonably priced, at least in comparison to HP.

I have only printed 744 pages in the few years I have had it so I don't know about holding up with even moderate use. It doesn't really matter. I am way ahead of the cost of inkjet cartridges.

It goes to "sleep" mode when not in use. I measured the power consumption. It was something like 1 Watt. It's hardly worth bothering to turn off.

I tried a third party toner cartridge. It works, but the toner rubs off the paper a bit. I won't bother with third party toner again.

We bought an all-in-one (including fax) Brother laser in December 2016 for $100. It's working great too.

Watch out for the toner cartridge that comes with most any laser printer. They are usually only good for a few hundred pages.

The HL-2270DW is not a high resolution printer. Printed images look ok, but not great. I don't care and text looks fine.

Highly recommended if you don't need to print color.

Feedback Score
    bobdevnul, V4ink gets very good revues on Amazon if you are still considering after market toner. I`m still on my original toner and don`t expect to buy any soon because I don`t print a whole lot.That`s one thing about inkjet printers ,if you don`t use them much they clog up on you. I can`t see ever buying another inkjet printer ever again.

Feedback Score
    Still working great :-)