Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Selling Used Tracfone LG Sunset (GSM)?

Feedback Score

Selling Used Tracfone LG Sunset (GSM)?

Background: Early this year, I activated LG Sunset (GSM) and put the SIM in my wife's Oneplus One. We own the SIM and the phone number.
    Last week, I ebayed off the LG Sunset for $45. I no longer have the possession of Sunset. I didn't transfer the min to a new BYOP sim.

Today, I checked my TF account. Obviously, my account shows the phone number. However, I found the IMEI (in TF.com) is not my wife's. It's most likely LG Sunset's.

Will this be a problem in the future? Can the Sunset owner mess up with my account/min? Note that he doesn't know my phone number/account/SIM.

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised the new owner didn't have a problem with activating the Sunset.

You should have transferred to a different SIM and removed the Sunset from your account before selling the phone.

I would try and clean this mess up now. The SIM your wife is using is probably tied to the IMEI of the Sunset, so transfer to a BYOP GSM SIM, then remove the Sunset from your account.

Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    Background: Early this year, I activated LG Sunset (GSM) and put the SIM in my wife's Oneplus One. We own the SIM and the phone number.
    Last week, I ebayed off the LG Sunset for $45. I no longer have the possession of Sunset.

Today, I checked my TF account. Obviously, my account shows the phone number. However, I found the IMEI (in TF.com) is not my wife's. It's most likely LG Sunset's.

Will this be a problem in the future? Can the Sunset owner mess up with my account/min? Note that he doesn't know my phone number/account/SIM.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    1. Thanks for the quick reply.
    2. Moved the number to a new BYOP GSM sim. Took less than 2min to transfer.
    3. Removed Sunset from my account. (Sunset in transit)

2 more q's

1. When I opened BYOP sim package, I found 2 GSM SIMs (nano and micro). Also 2 CDMA sims. Does it mean I can use all 4 sims on 4 different phones?
    2. I can't find the T-mobile SIM. The GSM SIM manual says it's for ATT phones. Where's the Tmo SIM (in case I need in the future)?

Feedback Score
    Yes, 4 unique SIM #s can be used on 4 different phones if you get luck to match up the sizes - 2 nano and 2 micro.
    TMO SIM must be in the package you didn't buy if it doesn't say top 3 carriers on the package .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Yes, 4 unique SIM #s can be used on 4 different phones if you get luck to match up the sizes - 2 nano and 2 micro.
    TMO SIM must be in the package you didn't buy if it doesn't say top 3 carriers on the package .
    Thank you for your expertise.

Feedback Score
    1. When I opened BYOP sim package, I found 2 GSM SIMs (nano and micro). Also 2 CDMA sims. Does it mean I can use all 4 sims on 4 different phones?
    Yes, they all have different numbers and can all be used in any compatible phone with different phone numbers.

2. I can't find the T-mobile SIM. The GSM SIM manual says it's for ATT phones. Where's the Tmo SIM (in case I need in the future)?
    There are two versions of the kits that I know of. The $1 one only has AT&T and Verizon SIMs. I have seen kits at Walmart for ~$10 that also include a set of T-Mobile SIMs.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ...2. I can't find the T-mobile SIM. The GSM SIM manual says it's for ATT phones. Where's the Tmo SIM (in case I need in the future)
    As stated the T-Mobile SIM is only in the one that says 3 carriers. You can get one off of TF's Ebay site for $1 and tax: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TracFone-Bri...-/282325225968

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    As stated the T-Mobile SIM is only in the one that says 3 carriers. You can get one off of TF's Ebay site for $1 and tax: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TracFone-Bri...-/282325225968
    Thanks for the link. This will be extremely useful, if I use a dual-sim phone (TF Tmo voice + ATT data).

Feedback Score
    Where/why would you need dual-sims? If one or both have free service, I could understand that .

Thanks for the link. This will be extremely useful, if I use a dual-sim phone (TF Tmo voice + ATT data).

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Where/why would you need dual-sims? If one or both have free service, I could understand that .
    TF Tmo voice $6 per month + Freedompop AT&T LTE SIM for data $0 per month

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Too bad I don't have a dual-sim phone .

Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    TF Tmo voice $6 per month + Freedompop AT&T LTE SIM for data $0 per month

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. Too bad I don't have a dual-sim phone .
    I bought one off Amazon a couple of years ago for an EU trip. Thing is they are usually not meant for the US market in many cases meaning no warranty in the US. For some reason I actually read the manual and found that restriction.

Feedback Score
    So it's working fine with dual-sims and you've never had a need for the non-existent in the US warranty?

I bought one off Amazon a couple of years ago for an EU trip. Thing is they are usually not meant for the US market in many cases meaning no warranty in the US. For some reason I actually read the manual and found that restriction.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So it's working fine with dual-sims and you've never had a need for the non-existent in the US warranty?
    I only use a single SIM in it these days. There's some risk with no warranty but never had a reason to use it. It's a Samsung but no LTE capability. Locked to T-Mobile. I use it with some of those T-Mobile SIMS with Gold Rewards status they were selling on Ebay with $90 of air time for $30 some years ago. I got 3 of those and just top up $10/year to keep them going.

Feedback Score
    For some reason I actually read the manual and found that restriction.
    Wow. Someone actually read the manual. Give that man a standing O.

Reminds me of a woman from my past who bought a new phone and asked me how to do something on it. I asked her if she read the manual. She said no. Hmmm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast