Thread: New account, how many days until first bill

Feedback Score

New account, how many days until first bill

New account, how many days until first bill?

Not worried about when payment is due but wondering when I can see a bill online and also wondering how many days T-Mobile would have to apply promotion codes like hook-up discount, hoping it makes it on there before a bill is released.

Feedback Score
    go to usage it will say how many days left. then just add a couple days usually until bill is ready

Feedback Score
    Says zero days but the account was opened 4 hrs ago.

Feedback Score
    It usually takes three to seven days after you open your account to get your first month's bill. The bill is usually due a few days prior to the end of your billing cycle.

Feedback Score
    My on line manager says my billing cycle ends on the 4th of April, or 31 days after it was opened. With my old Simple Choice account, the itemized bill wasn't visible on line until the 4th day after the end of the billing cycle. It was always slightly annoying that they presented an amount owed, but wouldn't show the individual charges for several days thereafter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    My on line manager says my billing cycle ends on the 4th of April, or 31 days after it was opened. With my old Simple Choice account, the itemized bill wasn't visible on line until the 4th day after the end of the billing cycle. It was always slightly annoying that they presented an amount owed, but wouldn't show the individual charges for several days thereafter.
    I don't know how long your Simple Choice account was open, but long-time accounts are billed after the billing cycle whereas new accounts are billed at the beginning of the cycle and are due about a week before the closing date of that cycle.

I found when they made the change for new customers in 2012:

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/05/t-mob...ng-in-advance/

So your new account should have the bill for the period ending 4/4/17 showing up in a few days.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Sprint through Ting
    Feedback Score
    First bill should produce within a week of activation, and will be due three weeks after activation.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Do you get an email confirmation when it auto-debits your card/bank account?
    T-Mobile ONE - Three unlimited lines for for $80

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I don't know how long your Simple Choice account was open, but long-time accounts are billed after the billing cycle whereas new accounts are billed at the beginning of the cycle and are due about a week before the closing date of that cycle.

I found when they made the change for new customers in 2012:

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/05/t-mob...ng-in-advance/

So your new account should have the bill for the period ending 4/4/17 showing up in a few days.
    My Simple Choice plan was opened in Nov. 2015. My ONE plan was just opened on 3-3, and states 27 days left, ends April 4th. I wouldn't call that a billing though, since there are extra credits and charges that can be included and there is no amount specified. I expect on the 5th of April I'll have the amount they think I owe, but sometimes we disagree!

Feedback Score
    I expect on the 5th of April I'll have the amount they think I owe, but sometimes we disagree!
    Yes, but that should be for your billing cycle that starts April 5th. I've already posted the article showing at what date T-Mobile switched to advanced billing for "postpaid" plans.

You should have the bill for your initial billing cycle within a couple of days if you opened on 3/3. And since you have the autopay discount, it will schedule the payment to be made around 7-10 days prior to the end of this billing cycle.

Feedback Score
    I'll keep looking for it, good to know and thanks again, jet.

Feedback Score
    I'll keep looking for it, good to know and thanks again, jet.
    Let us know if your account turns out to be an exception and they don't bill until the end of the billing cycle.

Feedback Score
    I will, especially since my text message claims I will start receiving my 20% discount on my first bill. I'm not betting the farm on that.

Edited to add:

I just logged in to my account and the due date has changed again. It now states March 26th. Not really sure what to make of this. My old account closes with the 14th as the last day. The new, ONE originally stated April 4th. Strange.
    Last edited by daleraver; 03-09-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Feedback Score
    I just logged in to my account and the due date has changed again. It now states March 26th. Not really sure what to make of this. My old account closes with the 14th as the last day. The new, ONE originally stated April 4th. Strange.
    That makes sense. The bill is due approximately one week before the end of your billing cycle, which sounds like it runs from 3/3 to 4/2. If you have autopay it's usually done about 2 days prior to the due date.