Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Chatr New Promotion Plans

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0

    Chatr New Promotion Plans

    Hey Guys, just checked Chatr website and I found that now we have new promotional plans. Follow the pic! I changed mine already! Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1488934708.902228.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  54.8 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Basement
    Posts
    920
    Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Telus has set the bar with their $85 ($59.50 with 30% epp) all features in, north america 15GB plan..

    the rest is all a flagrant rip-off unfortunately.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,098
    Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Will they go "oops" and raise the rates and change the terms after 30 days?
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

    Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    237
    Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Will they go "oops" and raise the rates and change the terms after 30 days?
    Yep, they say they can change the three new plans to whatever they want, whenever they want, without notice:

    'Offer available for a limited time and subject to change without notice.'

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using HoFo mobile app

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0

    Chatr New Promotion Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Yep, they say they can change the three new plans to whatever they want, whenever they want, without notice:

    'Offer available for a limited time and subject to change without notice.'

    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using HoFo mobile app
    But they cant change the price for those who already have the plan, like me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    128
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    Hey Guys, just checked Chatr website and I found that now we have new promotional plans. Follow the pic! I changed mine already! Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1488934708.902228.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  54.8 KB
    Doesn't look like much of a deal to me, if not LTE? My unlimited Wind/Freedom is $35 and I am pretty sure I've seen LTE deals for $45 for 3Gb of LTE. I'd be paying someone on Kijiji for a deal, over this.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,098
    Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    But they cant change the price for those who already have the plan, like me.
    Um, yes they can. They can do whatever you want because you don't have a long term locked in contract with the pricing specified.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    947
    Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    But they cant change the price for those who already have the plan, like me.
    Yes they can, that was in reference to all the Chatr/Mobilicity plans they screwed over in past year
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    947
    Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwandar View Post
    Doesn't look like much of a deal to me, if not LTE? My unlimited Wind/Freedom is $35 and I am pretty sure I've seen LTE deals for $45 for 3Gb of LTE. I'd be paying someone on Kijiji for a deal, over this.
    You forgot the fact that Rogers network actually *works*

    But I agree the Public $40 plan is better than both Chatr & Wind/Freedom

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,870
    Feedback Score
    0
    This might go against the popular opinions stated so far in this thread, but I for one, think these new plans are excellent. Yes, Rogers could raise these prices at any time. But any company can do that.

    I'm not going to really get into using loopholes to activate regional plans in other regions. I know some people are fine with that but I believe that the majority don't want to go through such a process and just want a simple, immediate activation process.

    Compared to Public's past promotional plan, I don't think these plans are that great. But then again, I believe that Public's $40 promo may have been the cellular plan deal of the decade as long you're okay with only provincial calling. Now as for Freedom Mobile, my opinion is that customers would much rather have a fixed and stable 3g network (that happens to carry all voice and texting traffic) than being concerned with the new Freedom LTE network.

    There was a time when people would have been jumping all over plans such as the $50 6GB 3g speed Chatr plan. In comparison, to get a plan at Freedom on a new activation with 5 or 6GB of permanent (no temporary bonus data promo), you're looking at $45. The extra $5 at Chatr to be able to connect to a proper network compared to Freedom's is a steal in my opinion. I also recall the excitement about former Mobilicity customers being able to keep $40 6GB plans. Although these new Chatr offers aren't as good as those Mobilicity-exclusive type plans, in some cases, they aren't that much more expensive.

    I fear that Freedom might be going after the wrong demographic with the LTE marketing. Much of Freedom's customer base are made up of customers who want or need a lower priced cellular service. Saying that, people trying to save money don't usually purchase super expensive phone devices. When you're not into super high-end devices, screen sizes and resolution are probably going to be around 720p, meaning that evening streaming videos isn't going to require some super fast 100Mbps LTE connection. In most cases, I think that consumers are going to be fine with Chatr's 3Mbps speeds, keeping in mind that these 5GB and 6GB plans aren't meant to be used as home internet replacements.

    Freedom's main issue is the reliability of the network. LTE isn't going to fix the reliability of the network. So for now, all Freedom can do to compete is cut prices (which I don't believe that they want to do). At the current Freedom Mobile plan price points, I think they're in for some tough times. Unless Freedom fixes the network, and I mean fast --- Chatr and Public are going to get a lot of former Freedom Mobile customers who are tired of the "we are new; we will get better; please be patient" song that Wind has been using on its customers since day 1. These new Chatr plans stack up well against Freedom plans if LTE isn't that important to you.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek541 View Post
    This might go against the popular opinions stated so far in this thread, but I for one, think these new plans are excellent. Yes, Rogers could raise these prices at any time. But any company can do that.

    I'm not going to really get into using loopholes to activate regional plans in other regions. I know some people are fine with that but I believe that the majority don't want to go through such a process and just want a simple, immediate activation process.

    Compared to Public's past promotional plan, I don't think these plans are that great. But then again, I believe that Public's $40 promo may have been the cellular plan deal of the decade as long you're okay with only provincial calling. Now as for Freedom Mobile, my opinion is that customers would much rather have a fixed and stable 3g network (that happens to carry all voice and texting traffic) than being concerned with the new Freedom LTE network.

    There was a time when people would have been jumping all over plans such as the $50 6GB 3g speed Chatr plan. In comparison, to get a plan at Freedom on a new activation with 5 or 6GB of permanent (no temporary bonus data promo), you're looking at $45. The extra $5 at Chatr to be able to connect to a proper network compared to Freedom's is a steal in my opinion. I also recall the excitement about former Mobilicity customers being able to keep $40 6GB plans. Although these new Chatr offers aren't as good as those Mobilicity-exclusive type plans, in some cases, they aren't that much more expensive.

    I fear that Freedom might be going after the wrong demographic with the LTE marketing. Much of Freedom's customer base are made up of customers who want or need a lower priced cellular service. Saying that, people trying to save money don't usually purchase super expensive phone devices. When you're not into super high-end devices, screen sizes and resolution are probably going to be around 720p, meaning that evening streaming videos isn't going to require some super fast 100Mbps LTE connection. In most cases, I think that consumers are going to be fine with Chatr's 3Mbps speeds, keeping in mind that these 5GB and 6GB plans aren't meant to be used as home internet replacements.

    Freedom's main issue is the reliability of the network. LTE isn't going to fix the reliability of the network. So for now, all Freedom can do to compete is cut prices (which I don't believe that they want to do). At the current Freedom Mobile plan price points, I think they're in for some tough times. Unless Freedom fixes the network, and I mean fast --- Chatr and Public are going to get a lot of former Freedom Mobile customers who are tired of the "we are new; we will get better; please be patient" song that Wind has been using on its customers since day 1. These new Chatr plans stack up well against Freedom plans if LTE isn't that important to you.
    Thats the point. A good price with a reliable network. I have been with Freedom before, and no, thanks, not going back. It is just a not realiable netwotk. I couldnt get a phone call. Urgh, terrible

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,087
    Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    The $40/2GB Chatr plan isn't as good as Public Mobile's current plans, unless you need large amounts of out-of-province minutes. With auto-pay, Public Mobile costs $38.55 per month to get 6GB over 90 days (which is more valuable than 2GB a month since it's effectively akin to a 3-month rollover). And you're getting unthrottled LTE with Public. For a small discount I would consider being throttled to 8Mbps like Cricket, but to be limited to only 3Mbps I'd expect a much steeper discount. You can purchase Canada-wide minutes on Public and end up paying less, or only a bit more than Chatr's 2GB plan, unless you need a *lot* of LD minutes. Yes, to do the same for 12GB/90 days on Public you'd be paying $59.75/month (after auto-pay), but I'd rather have 12 GB for 90 days than 6GB a month since my usage isn't consistent and there will be months where most of my GBs are wasted. Do that many people need large amounts of out-of-province minutes? I've used 1 out-of-province minute since switching to Public. So I guess these plans are aimed at people who need a good network, don't need fast speeds, but do need lots of out-of-province minutes. I think most others would be better served by Public Mobile IMO. People don't phone little as much as they used to, and the amount if little they phone out-of-province has probably dropped along with it. But LTE and 90-day data averaging are advantages that speak to the way mobile use is trending towards. People could use that data for VoIP for their out-of-province calling if need be, and I think with Skype and FaceTime that's starting to happen even amongst the average non-tech-literate people.
    Last edited by Steven Hurdle; 03-09-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0
    40 for 2gbs of 3g data? In zone? What a joke

    Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Similar Threads

  1. New Promotional Plans offering free M2M?
    By Gr8ful1 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 06:29 PM
  2. New promotional plans starting May 6
    By hunkytoe in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 08:07 AM
  3. New Promotional Plan!
    By newbienextel03 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 10:26 AM
  4. new promotional plans
    By KiSsTiNe in forum AT&T
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 02-10-2003, 07:15 PM

Bookmarks