Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New payment fees Starting April 23

Feedback Score

New payment fees Starting April 23

New Fee is called Customer Assistance Fee: $3
    This is a bill payment fee that cannot be waived. When customers come into stores,calls Customer Care, or goes to Game Stop to make a payment they will be charged $3.00. Autopay and electronic payments will not be subject to this fee.

Bridge Pay Charge Change on Multiline $10 (Bridge Pay is where you can pay some of your bill and get an extension, but they charge you a fee).
    This fee will go from $5 to $10 on Multiline only ---single line stays $5

Reactivation of Multiline change $10
    This fee will go from $5 to $10 on multiline only

Feedback Score
    mmmkay, noted. Doesn't affect me or anyone who uses modern technology to pay their bill.

Device(s)
    Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Only disappointment is that redeeming the Cricket Rewards for Gamestop gift cards isn't as lucrative anymore.
    Not bad for a free unlimited line from Sprint!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

New payment fees Starting April 23

Yeah the $3 GameStop charge is a ripoff!

Here we go with the fees!
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    mmmkay, noted. Doesn't affect me or anyone who uses modern technology to pay their bill.
    Millennials are scared of cash.

Sent from my 5054W using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Hahah. I was this coming a mile a way haha. Was a former store manager of a cricket and I can tell you this. Let the GAMES begin, many people will be mad about this. Avoid this by using ap is great on there part I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Millennials are scared of cash.

Sent from my 5054W using HoFo mobile app
    I'm not a millennial, nor am I scared of cash, yet I also don't use cash because why would I come into a Cricket store to pay my bill when I can just autopay on a credit card.

That said, I do understand that I am not the "typical" demographic for lots of Cricket users, who may live in those areas where a Cricket store has bars on the windows. These people may not have a credit card, and they may want or need to come to a store and pay their bill in cash. I'm sure we will get someone here to get on the soapbox about Cricket sticking it to people with fees who are the ones who can least afford them, etc, but I don't see why it isn't fair for Cricket to do this. It takes a store employee some amount of time to deal with this payment, which is time not spent signing someone up for new service or selling them a phone. Now I realize that probably some of the time these employees are sitting there picking their butts or texting with their friends on their phone while twisting their hair, but you gotta set some rules anyway. I don't have an issue with it.

Device(s)
    Axon 7 mini
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    I'm not a millennial, nor am I scared of cash, yet I also don't use cash because why would I come into a Cricket store to pay my bill when I can just autopay on a credit card.

That said, I do understand that I am not the "typical" demographic for lots of Cricket users, who may live in those areas where a Cricket store has bars on the windows. These people may not have a credit card, and they may want or need to come to a store and pay their bill in cash. I'm sure we will get someone here to get on the soapbox about Cricket sticking it to people with fees who are the ones who can least afford them, etc, but I don't see why it isn't fair for Cricket to do this. It takes a store employee some amount of time to deal with this payment, which is time not spent signing someone up for new service or selling them a phone. Now I realize that probably some of the time these employees are sitting there picking their butts or texting with their friends on their phone while twisting their hair, but you gotta set some rules anyway. I don't have an issue with it.
    Brick and mortar stores will generally require fees for transactions. Costs for leasing space, electric, employees etc. will no doubt be a factor for in store payments. While I think it's a shame that those customers who may not have their own debit/credit cards are required to pay more for their bill, this is by no means anything new. When I first got a Metro PCS account 7 years ago, it was clearly stated that there were additional fees for paying in store or over the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by squall2099 View Post
    Hahah. I was this coming a mile a way haha. Was a former store manager of a cricket and I can tell you this. Let the GAMES begin, many people will be mad about this. Avoid this by using ap is great on there part I guess

Sorry for the typo lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wxboss View Post
    Brick and mortar stores will generally require fees for transactions. Costs for leasing space, electric, employees etc. will no doubt be a factor for in store payments. While I think it's a shame that those customers who may not have their own debit/credit cards are required to pay more for their bill, this is by no means anything new. When I first got a Metro PCS account 7 years ago, it was clearly stated that there were additional fees for paying in store or over the phone.
    This is true, and I see both sides of the argument, but, if a brick and mortar store is requiring fees to make a profit, maybe that means the store should cut back on employees instead of charging fees to make up for it. Or maybe cricket should cut back on issuing franchise licenses to companies who are going to put 3 stores within 10 miles of each other. If your store needs to charge customers fees for doing business with your store to be profitable, and cricket does do this, 25 dollar fee to buy a device, 3 dollar fee to pay a bill, maybe the issue is how you are running your business model. Again I'm not opposed to them charging the fees, I understand why they do it and they are far from the only carrier who does it. I just also understand why some people would question it also. Imagine if best buy started charging fees to buy items inside their stores to help cover the cost of employees and building expenses. I think people would have an issue with that.

Feedback Score
    Are Cricket stores company owned or privately owned?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    Are Cricket stores company owned or privately owned?
    I believe both, some are corporate some are franchised. On their webpage it has a how to become a dealer section so they do franchise out stores.

Feedback Score
    As long as it doesn't affect me using a target refill card on the app I'm good!

Sent from my SM-G920V using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung S4 i337z
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Meh. I wish this wasn't happening but its not exactly a deal breaker. My bank already does something similar, do everything online or by ATM or pay a fee to do something inside a bank. Exclusions are things that can't be done online/at an ATM, and sounds like the practice is similar here.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damus990 View Post
    As long as it doesn't affect me using a target refill card on the app I'm good!

Sent from my SM-G920V using HoFo mobile app
    Some states/locales add "911 fee"(Atl, Ga. for me, 75 cents), but now that's better than $3.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast